JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been on the hunt for one of these for several years - and they just keep getting more expensive. I found one that wasn't overly ridiculous, and in fantastic shape. Bought from original owner - has original box, manual, etc. Made in 1979, and though it has been shot [~50 rounds according to owner] you wouldn't know it by looking at it. The pic doesn't do it justice - deep, deep blue.

upload_2015-9-17_16-24-0.png

I will be shooting it this weekend :D

In 1970 a few days before I shipped out I stopped by a bleep dept store, they had a 4", nickel plated Python @$125. It was as smooth as glass, and I, and my friend could not scrape-up more than $35... :(
In that same period of my life I had bought a pre-WW2 Officer's Model Match 38 special and a Target Trooper 357 mag. Like a fool I traded the OM 38 spl (because it was not a magnum). I still have the old Trooper. I'd trade it fer something

Last Edited:
I carried a Python on duty for several years until our department went to semi-automatics. When I made the switch I could not afford to keep the Python and buy the Glock so I sold the Python. Wish I had kept it because it was a great shooting gun.

$2500 out the door. :confused:

Yes, I could have had three nice SWs for that :D

The heart wants what the heart wants! :p
Congratulations. I hope you shoot the heck out of it. They're ridiculously overpriced, but they're wonderful revolvers.

The price is strictly a function of supply and demand. To find one in this great of shape is no easy thing to do these days. Not at any price. This is a great find.

The price is strictly a function of supply and demand. To find one in this great of shape is no easy thing to do these days. Not at any price. This is a great find.

I have been looking for widows, estate sales, barn finds - they just don't happen. I bit the bullet on a pristine example. I don't regret it! :D

PS - Nightshade is sending me beans and rice so I can eat the rest of the month. :p

In 1970 a few days before I shipped out I stopped by a bleep dept store, they had a 4", nickel plated Python @$125. It was as smooth as glass, and I, and my friend could not scrape-up more than $35... :(
In that same period of my life I had bought a pre-WW2 Officer's Model Match 38 special and a Target Trooper 357 mag. Like a fool I traded the OM 38 spl (because it was not a magnum). I still have the old Trooper. I'd trade it fer something
I've been told this pistol cost $125 new :D

recently I made the decision to do away with all of my revolvers and go with MSASRs instead
I used to be a semi-auto guy EXCLUSIVELY. A few years ago I picked up a 629 and got the revolver bug.

Still a 1911 and Sig fanboy, but I love the revolvers now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top