JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, just bought a 4.5 inch off guns.com. I probably got butt-bubblegummed, but it really appealed to me.
Has anyone heard anything about the blueing process? I'm pretty sure it wont come close to the original 70's finish, but i'm hopeful that with both colt and CZ involved, plus the many years the new SS snake has been out, they at least come close.
@arakboss this will be coming to your shop soon. Hope the que is down. Would really like to leave with her same day

So, just bought a 4.5 inch off guns.com. I probably got butt-bubblegummed, but it really appealed to me.
Has anyone heard anything about the blueing process? I'm pretty sure it wont come close to the original 70's finish, but i'm hopeful that with both colt and CZ involved, plus the many years the new SS snake has been out, they at least come close.
@arakboss this will be coming to your shop soon. Hope the que is down. Would really like to leave with her same day
I went into queue at 185ish on Saturday morning and was approved before my shift ended.

I'm curious to see one in person. The blue on my original 4" is DEEP to the point of blackness. I'm hopeful but doubtful the new ones can get to that level. Be sure to post pics once you get yours in hand !

We had a 6" a week or so ago and the finish is solid. It's more black, than blue. I am really pleased with the finish and will be adding the 4" and 6" to my own collection when we have them in numbers.

A friend who is an industry writer got a pre-release 2 weeks before SHOT. He carried a Python for 20 years before it was stolen, so he has a lot of personal attachment to this release. He says they killed it, that the polishing is perfect and that the bluing is deep and excellent. He told all his friends to buy one if they can find one and to expect them to be hard to find at retail for the next year. The bluing is reportedly more consistent with the later run black bluing of the late Pythons, not the royal blue bluing of the earlier Pythons.

Sounds like one of the biggest releases out of SHOT!

We had a 6" a week or so ago and the finish is solid. It's more black, than blue. I am really pleased with the finish and will be adding the 4" and 6" to my own collection when we have them in numbers.
I started the transfer last night on my 4.5 inch. The finish is more black, or very dark blue? But she is purty. I pick it up later today.

I'm curious to see one in person. The blue on my original 4" is DEEP to the point of blackness. I'm hopeful but doubtful the new ones can get to that level. Be sure to post pics once you get yours in hand !
sorry the light really doesn't do much for the finish :-(

IMG_0258.jpg IMG_0259.jpg IMG_0260.jpg