JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, there are lots of details/factors to normalize for consistent performance. My round is trans-sonic at 1150 yards, and 1221fps at 1000 yards, @ 2700fps, with atmosphere at 2000ft elevation, and sound barrier being 1108 ft/s. So there is some wiggle room to choose the most accurate round after achieving your sonic at 1000 yards, but I think you're right on looking for factors to eliminate. I think there are two possible outcomes, obviously with more work: 1, you find the sweet spot where you retain your velocity goals and moa goals with only a little compromise, or 2, you have to compromise between the two, and my choice at that point would be accuracy.
I look forward to seeing what turns up!

Last Edited:
I bought some HSM brass from sportsmans and its about 50c a piece but the last batch i bought was from a guy online and it was all LC brass, the guy I bought it from sized, deprimed, trimmed and annealed them and they were 25c a piece.. I am thinking of buying some more one of these days, if you want we could make a larger order.

I bought some HSM brass from sportsmans and its about 50c a piece but the last batch i bought was from a guy online and it was all LC brass, the guy I bought it from sized, deprimed, trimmed and annealed them and they were 25c a piece.. I am thinking of buying some more one of these days, if you want we could make a larger order.
I have a bunch of RP that I need to try first. Once fired from my rifle.

If I'm only gaining .25 MOA from the brass side I'll leave it alone.

Thinking for tomorrow I'll sort brass by headstamp when I shoot.

Shot yesterday, 400y outside in the absolute pouring rain...

After shooting 17 of my 43.6gr loads I had a few sticky actions. Time to reduce loads to 43 where I had a SD of 11.

Going to also do a full length size, but only size slightly under chamber size. I had two rounds of the 17 that wouldn't chamber.

Will pull apart the remaining 25 rounds in the ammo box and clean, size and reload to lower powder charge. Accuracy will remain. Positive of it.

Shooting results:
Calculator showed 5* incline and 5.9MOA of adjustment. Dialed rifle turret to 6 and scored a hit. Then I backed off and went to use the lines inside the scope after zeroing the turrets. Problem was I accounted for the wrong amount and was shooting high. Did I mention it was raining super hard and we were shooting through a tree? Scored two hits in the first 6 shots on target. Then I screwed up my elevation and missed.

Site is known. Can go out to 650-ish next time. I'll have better ballistic tables as well.

I don't know how many times I've thought I was adjusting the correct knob in the correct direction, or dialed the wrong correction, only to find out some 5 rounds later my mistakes. Very frustrating, and a waste of ammo! But, being in the rain is a good way to develop your focus, as well as shooting through obstacles; real world conditions shouldn't be avoided in my experience.
Sounds like you got some great feedback for you load.

So there was three of us that went out and we each made a few hits and then couldn't find it again.. I'm blaming the top of the tree :D absolutely soaked after 15 rounds but it was one heck of a good time! Can't wait for it to dry out and do it again.. Plate was swinging pretty good and gave a solid visual of the hits.

20160514_113237.jpg 20160514_113232.jpg 20160514_113227.jpg 20160514_114356.jpg 20160510_204144.jpg

Photo May 15, 4 43 59 PM.jpg
For reference...
400Y is invisible behind the tree. I will say it was fun shooting through the tree because you could see the tree moving from air pressure.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top