JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try cooking on alder or cherry or vine maple. Or oak bark if you can find it.

Good appetizer here:
1. BBQ some linguica (Portuguese sausage) over your oak bark, slice it up into 1/4" long pieces.
2. Get a can of whole jalapeno peppers (Embasa or Herdez are both good - nice & firm). Slice 'em lengthwise in quarters and scrape out the seeds & other internal structures, leaving only the pepper 'shell'.
3. Cut Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar into 1/4" x 1" x 1" pieces.
Skewer all three items on a toothpick, serve 'em up and see how long they last. Don't be frightened by the jalapenos - the grease from the linguica really takes the heat out of the peppers.

Try cooking on alder or cherry or vine maple. Or oak bark if you can find it.

Good appetizer here:
1. BBQ some linguica (Portuguese sausage) over your oak bark, slice it up into 1/4" long pieces.
2. Get a can of whole jalapeno peppers (Embasa or Herdez are both good - nice & firm). Slice 'em lengthwise in quarters and scrape out the seeds & other internal structures, leaving only the pepper 'shell'.
3. Cut Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar into 1/4" x 1" x 1" pieces.
Skewer all three items on a toothpick, serve 'em up and see how long they last. Don't be frightened by the jalapenos - the grease from the linguica really takes the heat out of the peppers.

I like the 'looks' of this one. I put it on my 'must try' list!
:s0155:

Frog.

You can't beat a traeger I had a old Weber for years. When I was deployed my wife bought a gas grill and it was ok but did not have the flavor of cooking on charcoal. I got my pellet grill last year for fathers day and will never cook on anything else. from prime rib to smoked salmon you can't beat it.

OK...You all have some talent as shown by your detailed posts. Here goes:

Anticipate it being done in 3/4 time as shown in most recipe' books.
Brine the turkey - overnight (at least 4 hrs) in big bucket with 2 cups salt, some chopped fruit too

Prepare turkey as usual.

Start charcoal. Push to two sided of Weber Kettle. Tin foil between to catch messy drippings. Use apple, pear or some fruit wood to help smoke.

Set the bird centered between piles of charcoal. Every 1/2 hour add two briquettes a side. Bottom vents open. Top vents 1/2 way open.

After 1 hour, shut the top vents, shut the bottom vents, lock down the lid with bungee cord (it will not melt, trust me.) Place entire Weber in back of pickup truck secured well up front near the cab. Now, drive like he....heck from Portland to Eugene.

The bird will be perfect 1/2 - 3/4 hours after you arrive :)

So I was reading about everyone elses Memorial Day cookouts and I got the idea to ask everyone what their favorite BBQ recipies were. Then I got the even brighter idea to see if anyone had asked this question in the past. And wudda ya know, the man himself posted this question back in 2009. And thats how I won the "oldest thread resurrected today" award.

:s0133:

And here's my favorite:

http://deadspin.com/how-to-barbecue-chicken-thighs-a-guide-for-people-who-5939738

I like me some nicely aged ribeye steaks with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder cooked to med/med-rare.

Grilled veggies like sliced mushrooms & zucchini, ears of corn... geez, my stomach just growled and I'm salivating like Pavlov's Dog! :eek:

:D

So I was reading about everyone elses Memorial Day cookouts and I got the idea to ask everyone what their favorite BBQ recipies were. Then I got the even brighter idea to see if anyone had asked this question in the past. And wudda ya know, the man himself posted this question back in 2009. And thats how I won the "oldest thread resurrected today" award.

:s0133:

And here's my favorite:

http://deadspin.com/how-to-barbecue-chicken-thighs-a-guide-for-people-who-5939738
Looks delish....

If you like doing chicken, this one is a perrenial favorite on the BBQ forums...
Grilled Huli Huli Chicken | The Recipe Critic

I'm doing Tri Tip right now using the "brisket method" on it for the first time.
(we'll see how it goes)

Sear on the gasser
Then onto the Weber kettle...
Smoke at 225° for 2 hours (mesquite)
Wrap beast and hold Weber temp at around 225°
Pull when internal temp is 195°-200°
Wrap the already foil-wrapped beast in a towel and place in cooler
Rest for 1/2-1 hour

It's hour #3 and internal is 178° and Weber is 208°
I need to add some briqs

You need:
5 chicken breasts
1 cup of local honey
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon Kimber's brown sugar BBQ seasoning
2 teaspoons sea salt

Mix honey, paprika, Kimber's, and sea salt in a bowl
Put chicken on the grill at normal temp.
Paint in honey mix very lightly
Flip and brush lightly
Continue doing this every 30 seconds until mixture is our
Finish grilling

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show