JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those weird muzzle loading AR rifles.
Never heard of them, seems like a perfectly ridiculous idea.

Right. But I will never face that level of threat at distance. Most of my land is dense forest, so even if I have to fight the commiezombie horde, it won't be at extended ranges.
This same idea has come to me more that once. Especially when it comes to sighting systems.

It's only my opinion, but coming up with more chamberings for AR's is something akin to a solution in search of a problem. But it's a hobby, people can do what they want.
It's a solution to all the problems, except the one you are dealing with right now. If you want that solution you have to hike back to the truck and search through your inventory of uppers.

I don't know. :s0092:
I have ARs in .177 pellet, .22 lr, 5.56, 7.62x39, .458 SoCom and 12GA. Kind of my, "Golf Bag" of firearms. :rolleyes:
The one I use depends on the type of shooting I intend to do. My reasoning is mussel memory. No matter which one I pick up, even in the dark, all of the knobs and buttons are in the same place. :s0093:

Notwithstanding price per round, favorite calibers would likely be 300blk and 6.5Grendel for short-to-mid and mid-to-long range respectively.
300blk: Ability to run supers or suppressed subs and use as a short-range hunting round or defensive purposes.
6.5grendel: Light recoiling, hard hitting round in the mid+ range

The AR is simply America's favorite rifle right now because it's a) easy to understand and learn the manual of arms b) get replacement or upgraded components. They are becoming lighter and stronger. They are also somewhat of a fashion statement these days for people who like to snap instagram photos, seeing as they don't even look like the earlier military-esque iterations. It's the jack of all trades.

AR15 rifles and carbines really ain't my thing...but I do like the ones that look like what I was issued and used when in the Army.
( M16A1 , M16A2 , CAR-15 , M-4 )
Don't have any problems with folks owning , shooting and enjoying them...just as I said...ain't my thing.

Hate is a strong word...but I do intensely don't understand at best and dislike at the worst...
Those weird muzzle loading AR rifles.
Andy
What Andy said, after 23 yrs in the Marine Corps, that platform is dull as watching paint dry to me, now a Ruger NO1 hubba hubba, or a M60

Last Edited:
Neither did I - until I saw the pic of the one posted.

Is it even for real?
Yep, from several different manufacturers:

Maybe you got subsonics by accident? 🤷‍♂️ Except that they're very hard to find. And they'd probably be 500 or 600 grains. So, probably not.
I have two Beowulfs, the one with a tank brake shoots softly, the el cheapo bear creek came with a knock off A2 muzzle device. That one kicks like a mule!

I have two Beowulfs, the one with a tank brake shoots softly, the el cheapo bear creek came with a knock off A2 muzzle device. That one kicks like a mule!
Yep a good muzzle brake on higher recoil guns can make a huge difference. I have a mk-01 (tank like) and a v6 brake on 2 of my lynx 12 gauge and it turns them into very mild and very controllable rapid fire shotguns. Tests show recoil reduction of 50-70%.

Yep a good muzzle brake on higher recoil guns can make a huge difference. I have a mk-01 (tank like) and a v6 brake on 2 of my lynx 12 gauge and it turns them into very mild and very controllable rapid fire shotguns. Tests show recoil reduction of 50-70%.
The tank type brake I have was a "Heart Breaker" made by Timber Creek, I have a friend who knows the owner and it was an odd thread he had laying around. The thing looks as good as it performs. I have a couple AR type 12 guages that are a bit uncomfortable to fire very many rounds, I never thought of a muzzle device for a shotgun other than a choke.

The tank type brake I have was a "Heart Breaker" made by Timber Creek, I have a friend who knows the owner and it was an odd thread he had laying around. The thing looks as good as it performs. I have a couple AR type 12 guages that are a bit uncomfortable to fire very many rounds, I never thought of a muzzle device for a shotgun other than a choke.
The tests show up to 70% reduction and no joke it is that much.

Molot gk-1 clone is about $60-$69 via sds imports. It's heavy though. There are lighter more expensive versions of the same brake also.

V6 brake is expensive maybe $130ish but it's only 3.7 ounces. V6 is more focused on preventing muzzle rise while Glock-01 is more balanced rise + pull.
V6:

Gk-01:

Last Edited:
I like my Mauser rifles, grew up on my Dad's bring-back K98k (Still own it). However, they arent as first-line useful as they once were, soooo... FIRST choice would be an AK, but for reasons of availability, accessing parts and ammo etc, the AR has become (not without some kicking and screaming) my favorite.. and 5.56x45 my preferred(OY!) caliber. Full-size rifle- the M16A2 with the non-removable carry handle. I date myself, and still prefer that carry handle even tho it means mounting a scope on top of the handle.
Not that impressed with the M4(gery) tho I own the Colt version, complete with optic. Still prefer the old 177 Colt carbine.. The 5.56x45 does it for me in the AR style rifles. I can reload or buy what I need to keep the 5.56 competitive. Too old and ossified at this stage of my life to get into yet another caliber and set of magazines (Colorado being a leftist-Occupied state, no standard-capacity mags are available).

Last Edited:
I'm a big fan of the 10MM so I'm watching the .400 Legend to see if it takes off.
I am loving the idea of .400 Legend, so I will be doing my best to try and help it take off. It is on the short list of builds for the near future, and then I will show it off to as many people as will listen.

I am loving the idea of .400 Legend, so I will be doing my best to try and help it take off. It is on the short list of builds for the near future, and then I will show it off to as many people as will listen.
Why not just use .308? .400 legend is 1000 fpe at 225 yards vs .308 out of a 12.5" barrel is 1000fpe at 425 yards. Longer barrelled .308 would be even farther (Fe 18" would be 575yds). Is the attraction just due to lighter weight rifle?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top