JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.gov has a habbit of reinforcing the need for .gov. As in, hey if we can prove this guy is crazy, it justifies the new task force we created for taking crazy peoples guns.

The second any new government agency, task Force, etc comes into existance, its sole purpose is survival and securing nore funding.

The same thing happens in the private sector, but due to capitalism and profit requirements, the fat gets trimmed regularly.

So... this would be an example of the "Law enforcement growth industry"?

A friend's brother believed his wife was stepping out on him, he even had some evidence, and he became quite vocal about it... she accused him of being "delusional" and had him committed on a 14day hold for evaluation... twice.

This same friend's father had a habit of dominating and arguing with his elderly wife. Wife had a habit of venomous statements towards her elderly husband. Husband got very mad one night and yelled. Elderly wife got husband committed as "delusional, violent, and scary" on a 14day hold for evaluation.

See a pattern here? Female gets first legal blow in... and it's not that hard to do. If there were weapons in the men's possession, they would certainly be gone.

it was if he deserves it.

Here's the thing about these red flag laws that's a two edged sword.... they don't follow due process for removal of the right, but the vast majority of them are going to be over legitimate concerns.

A 'possible legitimate concern' should not be a Death Penalty. 'Real' criminals, sentenced to death, generally get decades to argue about it. Due Process was enacted into Law for valid reasons. This is one of them. It is what differentiates us from Chairman Mao, Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, and Fidel.

How many of us on this board would have a gun in hand, if we were broken into at 5am?? :s0160:

Knock Knock

Officers! It's 5 AM! Let me set my gun down. How can I help you?

Mr. Willis, we have a warrant for all your firearms. Please step away from your handgun.

Over my dead body!!!

:(

Gary Willis was a brave man....

First off the article sucked!!

Second I don't know a guy on this forum that wouldn't answer his door armed at 5 AM!! What in the he!! did they expect to happen at that hour!

Agree with all of that, except I do not answer the door. I open an adjacent window, and talk to them. It helps that I have a good view of the front porch from the window.

Everyone knew when making these laws that gun owners and LEOs would occasionally be killed.

EDIT: There will also be innocent bystanders killed - 100% predictable. We'll see some shootouts that will make Rambo jealous! Stock up on popcorn!

Agree with all of that, except I do not answer the door. I open an adjacent window, and talk to them. It helps that I have a good view of the front porch from the window.

Everyone knew when making these laws that gun owners and LEOs would occasionally be killed.

EDIT: There will also be innocent bystanders killed - 100% predictable. We'll see some shootouts that will make Rambo jealous! Stock up on popcorn!

The law makers are the ones with blood on their hands .And of coarse they will pass the buck.

Well they come for my guns I'm going to take down at least one or two before my guns are empty, I will not bend over backwards to tyrannical government.
You come to confiscate my means of protecting my family I'll confiscate your life, that is fair trade is it not?

100% predictable that this exact scenario will occur on occasion. What special kind of stupid do you have to be to knock on someone's door, especially if they are claimed to be "dangerous", and tell them you are there to take their guns? What special kind of stupid do you have to be to put LEOs at grave risk by voting for this type of law? If they're a danger to others, wait until they leave the house and then arrest them.

100% predictable that this exact scenario will occur on occasion. What special kind of stupid do you have to be to knock on someone's door, especially if they are claimed to be "dangerous", and tell them you are there to take their guns? What special kind of stupid do you have to be to put LEOs at grave risk by voting for this type of law? If they're a danger to others, wait until they leave the house and then arrest them.

They don't have anything to legally arrest them for .

For some unfathomable reason the police served it at 05:00. He met them at the door armed and an argument ensued.

S.O.P. when a SWAT take-down can be planned ahead of time. The rationale being that the target will be at his worst and confused when roused from sleeping. In a scenario like this however, it also could help to create a self-fulfilling response on the part of the subject and bolster a false accusation.

Talk about the ultimate weapon for a sibling rivalry or ticked off spouse !​

There has to be a change made to these laws. Too much potential for abuse based on the allegations of a single accuser.​

Well they come for my guns I'm going to take down at least one or two before my guns are empty, I will not bend over backwards to tyrannical government.
You come to confiscate my means of protecting my family I'll confiscate your life, that is fair trade is it not?

Everybody got a job to do. Theirs is to kill you for your guns. Yours is to die. Get with the program!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top