JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Huh, weird. Need more info. To me it sounded like he was like "F you, you aint takin my guns....."

From my cold dead hands!

Literally.

I feel like this is going to happen a lot more in times to come.

I bet she feels great now. Was it worth it?

it was if he deserves it.

Here's the thing about these red flag laws that's a two edged sword.... they don't follow due process for removal of the right, but the vast majority of them are going to be over legitimate concerns.

it was if he deserves it.

Here's the thing about these red flag laws that's a two edged sword.... they don't follow due process for removal of the right, but the vast majority of them are going to be over legitimate concerns.

Legitimate concerns, as determined by who?

Weak article.

Legitimate concerns, as determined by who?

Weak article.

nobody knows, the article didn't say why the relative got the order on him. But we do know a reasonable man would have argued his case in court and proved the person a liar.

The problem with red flag laws is that it implies that a person is guilty unless proven innocent all because of the feelings of another person with little if any factual evidence before the rights of another person are suspended.

In a society where half the country thinks the other half is "crazy" just because they like to own guns, it creates a potentially hostile situation for gun owners at best, and an easily weaponized law at worst.

A good example is the term "swatting," where someone makes a false police report that results in someone getting raided by police / swat. This has been done to video game players before while live streaming, but it hasn't been limited to them. This has already resulted in people being killed. Using red flag laws for hostile purposes isn't far-fetched when 'swatting' is already a real thing.

I contend the notion that red flag laws actually do much of anything beneficial. The reason why is because for example if someone is truly a threat, but they haven't committed any crimes, there is nothing legally to be done, and if they have committed crimes to be legally debarred the possessions of firearms, then the red flag law is irrelevant because they have already done something or there is sufficient evidence of a crime to hold them.

The law is rather anti-American and possibly escalates a situation into violence where none would have been. Taking a person's firearms is confrontational naturally. Many perfectly law abiding Americans when pressed into such a situation despite a generally respectful and law abiding disposition may find themselves rather rebellious of such a notion.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top