JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do they have people to tell them to come in out of the rain?
They must cause they have no idea what's goin on around them.
It's amazing these effen morons have the right to vote, much less run a government.

Sweet, this fixes everything right? Because people in the frame of mind to lay waste to dozens of innocent people will definitely remember this is a law now and be thwarted because they cant conceal their weapons any more. Good work Governor!

:s0054:

People are starting to recognize that gun free zones don't work. They get a reality check on that every single damn time one of these shootings happen, yet their legislators pass more and more laws forbidding guns in these areas. And what do the laws do? Nothing!! Not one damn thing.

Every singe time someone brings this up in conversation, I'm going to ask them to list every single shooting event where a lawful concealed carry person was the ONE THAT COMMITTED THE CRIME. We are not the problem, we never have been.

It feels like I have to keep saying the same thing over and over again. And I do, because these people keep going back to the same worn out old play book - the one that has never won a game, but is cherished nonetheless because it was written by their political grandparents and were told it would work.

Nope, any time this topic comes up, I am going to demand proof, evidence, facts, that back up these laws as having any kind of impact. I want studies, done by non-partisan, third parties that can conclusively prove that BGC's and banning concealed carry anywhere, actually stop these events - and I'm not planning to be really polite about it.

Honestly, I kind of hope they keep this up. They are getting quite bold. And people are getting pissed off. I have a feeling in the not too distant future, people are going to revolt. Maybe in the polls by voting them out of office. Maybe by showing up at their doorsteps and taking away some of their precious liberties, like privacy and peace. And maybe, if they push hard enough, they may find out just how many pissed off gun owners are willing to show up at their legislative sessions to take this country back.

I would never have believed that could even be a remote consideration years ago. Today, I'm beginning to believe it could really happen. I'd prefer it not happen, but if these folks keep pushing, they may just end up poking the bear one too many times.

eTrain16 - the data and evidence point out that gun ownership rates have no correlation to murder rates, and even less to mass shootings, article on Mises Institute (pardon the redundancy):
There's No Correlation Between Gun Ownership, Mass Shootings, and Murder Rates

Yeah, I saw that article. The point, however is to try and get them to acknowledge the actual facts. Seems in the case of guns, the other side is incapable of processing,producing or comprehending real facts. It would be a joy to call them on it and drop well documented facts and figures right in front of them, maybe even watch them squirm a bit while they struggle to provide a response.

The guvmnt is neutering society more and more each day. I used to wonder how the hell the German people could be so hornswoggled by Hitler. It makes perfect sense now, he made the communists and the anarchists, along with Jews as a crisis only he and his cronies could stop while disarming the populace. The liberals have millions of self absorbed ignoramuses buying in to the lie of we can keep each of you safe, cradle to grave.
As for me and my house, we take responsibility for our own safety.

Brutus Out

how about government free zones? Federal government was supposed to be small. 10% small, not 35% percent big (tax rates). I think many of our issues are related to over-funding our federal government.

Need to run, there is a black helicopter hovering over my house ...

Well just like Hitler, we are becoming a smaller population do to school indoctrinating our children, and laws attacking christians, passing more and more laws against firearms. The constitution minded folks are dwindling. Now with school shootings, govt budgets, and health care reform, etc, etc they are blaming republicans for everything. Like the Nazis did blaming the plight of Germany on the Jews. All we need to do is get rid of them and we can all be a peaceful, prosperous country.

Everytime the right pushes back against the left they start blaming the right for mass shootings, poor people not having healthcare, america losing jobs, the housing bubble collapsing, etc.

Propaganda at it's finest.

Anyone still buying in that lobby sponsored rallies in Salem are enough?

They stopped nothing the last few years, not to sound aggressive but when will
we stop playing politics and stop the hostile take over?
We keep saying no compromise and draw a line in the sand and they cross it,
then the lobbies all gather up and say wait we will not take it anymore if you cross this line and
they do it again time after time, I have watched for decades here lines drawn and then crossed and
then again more sayings we wont compromise. I have thrown 10's of thousands in my life on lobbies and they still come and still change our rights by a thousand cuts.

I have news we have compromised in allowing politics to decide our fate. Politics have zero to do with our Constitutional rights, now on the west coast and Oregon we are now saying show us your politics so we may obey. Or hey we can just draw another line and say don't you dare cross it we double dog dare you.

If we are still buying into hey let have rallies and lets talk more, then a have a bridge to sell.
This article about Brown will no doubt see our Brown in Oregon soon enough as a keen idea.
If there is anymore progress by Antis in Oregon in 2016 I will pledge to stop supporting any gun lobby and will invest my money in brass.

how about government free zones? Federal government was supposed to be small. 10% small, not 35% percent big (tax rates). I think many of our issues are related to over-funding our federal government.

Need to run, there is a black helicopter hovering over my house ...

Wouldn't that be parts of Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Nevada?

I said it before. And will say it again
We have the template here in Oregon

Reynolds high school.

I think Thurston High in Springfield beat that by 16 years.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews