JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New info:

View attachment 1448452

..." I was fed Mushrooms, it was not my fault ". a Lying POS .. I ate some Shrooms and they made me Murder ... that is total BullShiz .
It just 'very poor' legal attempt, desperate to fallback and lay false blame on an excuse to avoid the Maximum prosecution . Shrooms.. almost as funny as using the Chewbacca defense.

..." I was fed Mushrooms, it was not my fault ". a Lying POS .. I ate some Shrooms and they made me Murder ... that is total BullShiz .
It just 'very poor' legal attempt, desperate to fallback and lay false blame on an excuse to avoid the Maximum prosecution . Shrooms.. almost as funny as using the Chewbacca defense.
How could Chewbacca have done it when he is just a wookie? 😆 🤣 😂

How could Chewbacca have done it when he is just a wookie? 😆 🤣 😂
u98j9uu98uj.jpg

Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests

Yet another shooting involving drugs that no one wants to talk about (not here, but MSM). The connection between marijuana and mass shootings (and other violence) is becoming well documented by ignored.

In the past 11 years since I moved here, drug laws have become nearly non-existent while firearms laws have grown increasingly tighter. As we have watched crime and specifically violent crime skyrocket. How about we try the other way around for a while? Just a thought.

Marijuana? Dude was on shrooms.

I've been a drunk and I've smoked weed in the past and only time I was even close to violent was while drinking alcohol. Weed had the opposite effect.

That is anecdotal of course but I'd blame hard drugs, prescription drugs and alcohol for increased violence over legalize weed.

Outside of violence related to the cartels I have a hard time buying this. Can you provide a source for this information?
The study is comprised of 5 decades and 6 million people regarding marijuana use and mental disorders..

The study is comprised of 5 decades and 6 million people regarding marijuana use and mental disorders..

I'm very skeptical of any government funded research about weed. Especially when it's linked to "mental illness."

I'm skeptical of positions that psychoactive drugs can't negatively affect mental health, especially in people susceptible to psychotic disorders. And so should you be.

Outside of violence related to the cartels I have a hard time buying this. Can you provide a source for this information?

I'm very skeptical of any government funded research about weed. Especially when it's linked to "mental illness."
Happy to. Let me start by saying I don't care what the data shows in that if (unbiased) information showed no link to marijuana and violence, great, where else can we look to help stop violent crime? But it doesn't. If one would like to become informed on the topic, consider reading the book by investigative journalist Alex Berenson, Tell Your Children: The Truth about Marijuana, Mental Illness, & Violence. I have.

In a study by the US Secret Service regarding school shooters, 40% were known marijuana users. This plays out with other shootings as well but is, not surprisingly, rarely pointed out by the MSM (agenda perhaps?) The list of marijuana using mass shooters is extensive but much of the information is difficult to find through internet searches (not surprising this information is suppressed as it takes the limelight from blaming guns). Most internet searches link to articles that mock anyone who tries to make a link between marijuana and violence.

But with a little searching you can find that:
Borderlands shooter, CA - positive for marijuana
Nikolas Cruz - Parkland shooter, admitted use
Texas shooting, 26 killed - positive for marijuana
James Holmes - Aurora, Colorado
Jared Loughner - AZ
The list continues with some research. One group is trying to have the toxicology records of murder suspects made public record. Interesting concept.

One UK Study shows habitual marijuana users have a 144% increase in violence.

The narrative of marijuana being the "peaceful herb" has been around forever, yet evidence more and more is pointing out that it might be closer to the mocked Reefer Madness movie (I'm not seriously saying the crazy things in that movie are factual). The pro-marijuana forces are strong.

20 years ago, I used to hear constantly that marijuana did not effect driving, but we knew this was not the case then either. In the last fatal crash I responded to the person who died clutching his baggie of pot and the driver admitted to smoking a few bowls leading up to the crash. We now see statistics from Colorado and Washington (and elsewhere) showing the problem with driving.

I keep an open mind on subjects like this but from sources I come across (many more over the years than I've listed here) and personal experience, the peaceful herb line seems to be very much a myth.

National Library of Medicine - Missouri Medicine (medical journal)
The concerning and disturbing link between marijuana use, shootings, mass violence
WSJ article (possible paywall)
Washinton Times Article

Screenshot_20230707_204745.jpg

What percentage of shooters and violent criminals have consumed alcohol? Prescription drugs? Etc...

If a person commits murder and has in the last year or so consumed pot daily and alcohol daily which one made them do it?

I've read many studies, many academic journals and other quantitative data on drugs use and the criminal justice system during college and there is always counter studies to disprove nearly every study out there. It's hard to have absolutes when it comes to human nature. It's not black or white/wrong or right like in mathematics.

All I know is I never seen two best friends beat each other stupid after a night of smoking weed but I've seen it a number of times after a night of drinking. Again anecdotal but I can't count how many violent encounters I've personally witness or been evolved in because of alcohol while never once having that experience around pot heads.

What percentage of shooters and violent criminals have consumed alcohol? Prescription drugs? Etc...

If a person commits murder and has in the last year or so consumed pot daily and alcohol daily which one made them do it?

I've read many studies, many academic journals and other quantitative data on drugs use and the criminal justice system during college and there is always counter studies to disprove nearly every study out there. It's hard to have absolutes when it comes to human nature. It's not black or white/wrong or right like in mathematics.

All I know is I never seen two best friends beat each other stupid after a night of smoking weed but I've seen it a number of times after a night of drinking. Again anecdotal but I can't count how many violent encounters I've personally witness or been evolved in because of alcohol while never once having that experience around pot heads.

Agree, alcohol is huge when it comes to domestic violence, bar fights, etc. Plenty of research on this most of us have seen it all our lives. My point is that we are now seeing this and possibly some worse issues related to marijuana but most dismiss it. The Swedish study (50,000 participants over multiple years) shows a significant increase in issues from marijuana, especially heavy use. This was back when THC content was much lower than it is today. It is generally obvious when alcohol is involved but marijuana is often not noticed, tested for, or the lingering effects of psychosis and schizophrenia are often not attributed to drugs.

In my younger days, I knew dozens, possibly hundreds of people who used alcohol for every one who imbibed with the weed. But that paradigm has clearly changed with "legalization" and it seems we are reaping the effects, if we are willing to admit it. Just my view.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews