JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was listening to a mental health therapist talking about the UCC shooting and others and he said it doesn't matter what you do with guns people who do this will find abway to inflict harm on others. If they don't have a gun, they will use a knife, or a bat, or fire. There's always a way.

Private gun ownership is banned in China. Google "China school knife attack" and see what happens when guns are banned. Crazy people then use other weapons to commit horrific acts of violence.

Dr. Hupp hung up her political spurs in 2006, and ran the Civil Liberties Defense Foundation and an Austin-area talk show.

CLDF's site is down and the domain available, which leads me to suspect she's retired to private life.

From wiki

Suzanna Gratia Hupp
, DC (born September 28, 1959),[1] is a formerRepublican member of the Texas House of Representatives, who represented traditionally Democratic[citation needed]District 54 (Bell, Burnet, and Lampasascounties) for ten years from 1997–2007. After surviving the Luby's shooting in 1991, Hupp became a leading advocate of an individual's right to carry aconcealed weapon. Hupp was elected to her first of five consecutive terms in 1996. She did not seek a sixth two-year term in 2006. She has also written a book called From Luby's to the Legislature: One Woman's Fight Against Gun Control, published by Privateer Publications, San Antonio, Texas.[2][3]

Everyone has this wrong. We need to outlaw children, then there won't be any schools to shoot at. We need to outlaw movies, so there won't be any theaters to shoot up. We need to outlaw retail sales, so the shopping malls will not be here for the insane to rampage.

(I'm half serious about the children though. They're unruly.) ;)

LOL Downside of being involved with an older woman... I want kids someday, and she believes herself at an age where even if she could give birth and raise 'em she has no business doing so.

Cougar Hunter? :D LOL

It does fix everything. If someone breaks the law by carrying concealed and stops a mass shooting on campus they can put him/her in prison. If no one carries concealed and a really super awesome mass shooting occurs it's a reason to confiscate all firearms from law abiding citizens in commiefornia (at least) and the United States.

What is scary is that Cali Brown is the voice of reason with the current legislature. He has vetoed several gun control bills because even he thinks they were going too far. He might have done so with this one except for the timing of the Oregon shooting. He has actually been saying there are too many laws in CA. Ya think?
The original version even prohibited retired LEOs but they amended it to try and get more support. Even with this I don't know of any support from the LE community. Perhaps a few very left, appointed chiefs, but not the worker bees.

What I would like to see is several law suits against some of these school districts, county's or states. With all the sue happy people nowadays I am surprised that you don't see any, especially with gun free zones that still have little or no protections for the students/people. Maybe the media just doesn't report on any but you sure would think someone would.

After a few losses in court I would imagine that some would change their policies. I know suits against schools would actually be paid by the taxpayers but what if they were against the individuals on the boards. The private sector would be easier because it hits them where it counts. With all the hungry lawyers out there maybe some would do it on a contingency basis.

If you work somewhere that does not allow you to carry even with a license and something happens to you wouldn't your spouse have a case. I always told my wife to sue when I was working for a business that didn't allow it.

With all the sue happy people nowadays I am surprised that you don't see any, especially with gun free zones that still have little or no protections for the students/people
First the parents would be paying the laws suit in the form of higher tuition. And the folks who would be sue happy are the ones who don't think there should be guns around the school:s0092:
That's my guess why there isn't anyone suing the schools.Mostly the second thought

What I would like to see is several law suits against some of these school districts, county's or states. With all the sue happy people nowadays I am surprised that you don't see any, especially with gun free zones that still have little or no protections for the students/people. Maybe the media just doesn't report on any but you sure would think someone would.

After a few losses in court I would imagine that some would change their policies. I know suits against schools would actually be paid by the taxpayers but what if they were against the individuals on the boards. The private sector would be easier because it hits them where it counts. With all the hungry lawyers out there maybe some would do it on a contingency basis.

If you work somewhere that does not allow you to carry even with a license and something happens to you wouldn't your spouse have a case. I always told my wife to sue when I was working for a business that didn't allow it.
After Sandy Hook, I wrote to our school district super. I asked for hardened defenses, including increased access control and armed guards, SROs, or armed staff (teachers with use of force experience, ex-military, ex-police, reserve officers, etc.). Never got a response, but if any of our schools ever gets attacked, rest assured I will bring it up. Schools are more worried about the "prison" effect when securing access, than about the risks of a shooting. And with 100,000+ schools in the country, the chances of being hit are still very slim. So in essence our schools prefer liberty over safety. So maybe we need to do the same.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top