JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well... how bad can it be for me? I have several that I recieved in some old camping/surplus gear from a buddy, with no way of knowing their life. 5 appear to be classic military issues from Right Away Foods, McAllen, TX. 3 are "Mil-Spec" by the Wornick Co, also McAllen, TX.
I know that MREs are cheap and easy to replace, but what is the risk of consuming these IF they are past their 5 yr shelf life? Will I just sh*t myself in an hour or fall over dead? Thanks guys.

Years from now, they will look back and wonder how the first Zombie came into existence.
Was it a virus? Was it a chemical warfare experiment?
No...it was someone eating an out-of-date MRE!

when i was a kid me and a buddy found a whole bunch of mil surp meals in the Sisters Or. dump. apparently dumped by the forrest service. we hauled them things out and stashed them all over the woods where we played, allways had snacks to eat and would pretty much just go home at supper time. everything at that time was canned, with the little mil surp can openers. i dont have any idea how old they were at the time, [1963] but we survived just fine.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews