JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes all of the above but when hot it becomes a morale booster !
Ate plenty when out and about on Uncle Sam's business....a morale booster...I suppose at times.
Nothing however will beat a good Mess Sergeant , bringing hot coffee and bacon , egg and cheese sandwiches to what passed as a front line or outpost area.
Andy

This thread and the record low temperatures here got me thinking about the stockpile of chemical handwarmers I keep in the truck. So... I dig one out, remove it from the packet, shake it up and NOTHING. Tried a few more and same results, NOTHING. So... in the trash they go. So much for long term storage of air activated handwarmers. :s0070:

This thread and the record low temperatures here got me thinking about the stockpile of chemical handwarmers I keep in the truck. So... I dig one out, remove it from the packet, shake it up and NOTHING. Tried a few more and same results, NOTHING. So... in the trash they go. So much for long term storage of air activated handwarmers. :s0070:
I hadn't thought that far when I posted, but now that you mention it... for Halloween I broke out one of those air activated hand warmers for my granddaughter to use trick or treating and it worked just fine. Those have to be pushing close to 20 years old and stored in the same way I had stored the MRE heaters.

Maybe some brands fair better than others(?)

I think you raise a valid point though. Part of maintaining stores of supposedly "non perishables", ya still need to test routinely... or possibly find yourself with your zipper down when you need one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top