JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
'Cause drumsticks taste good....Err....wait...:eek: :D

Stressful situation and a small target , don't make for accurate shooting...
Plus , a hit to the leg , may not stop the attack , which is the object of the exercise.
Andy

Every so often (more often now it seems, with commoner brain-power at an all time low), some nitwit (including POTUS) will use an argument that is so retarded and dumb, so prohibitively moronic that even the left seemed to have dropped it as a talking point. I used to think that it was so ridiculous, so easily and regularly debunked that even THEY decided to bury it forever, belatedly recognizing how idiotic their argument was from the jump.

Then it shows up again.

"Why not shoot em in the leg or arm?" is one of those.

Last Edited:
Every so often (more often now it seems, with commoner brain-power at an all time low), some nitwit (including POTUS) will use an argument that is so retarded and dumb, so prohibitively moronic that even the left seemed to have dropped it as a talking point. I used to think that it was so ridiculous, so easily and regularly debunked that even THEY decided to bury it forever, belatedly recognizing how idiotic their argument was from the jump.

Then it shows up again.

"Why not shoot em in the leg or arm?" is one of those.

Skip all those extremities…. Shoot 'em in the nose.

I'm an advocate of pelvis shots if/when available. No armor. A shattered pelvis can involuntarily stop forward movement. Lots of nerves and blood flow. Also, having one's testicles exit through one's a__hole is a real game-changer.

That'll ruin one's day, not to mention perforating all the poop filled intestinal materials that'll turn you into a septic soup post haste!

Center mass is good enough for me. I'm not adding an extra decision to my loop. I've been in some pretty hairy situations, not like several of you have, but enough to know that I want things as simple as is practical and effective. I may have other things distracting me while I have to make the shoot/don't shoot decision.

In my experience of shooting when it actually matter...
I often had to take the shot presented , as opposed to the shot I wanted or trained to take.

Be sure to practice center mass or the two to the chest and one to the head or any other method that works for you....
Also understand that a less than excellent target , may be the only shot you can get...
In any case if you have to shoot "when it actually matters" , shoot well and with no regrets.
Andy

Pelvic shot and repeat as necessary is one option for a knife wielding assailant. Not more difficult than a high chest shot.
Would it be more or less likely to stop the attack as quickly as is necessary? Of course, if the 1st few shots to the pelvic girdle haven't impressed the Orc sufficiently moving on to the chest most rikki-tik is another option.

While I agree that electing to try disabling Mr. Stabby with a shot to the leg was ill conceived, I think his decision to close to within lunging distance to get around the motorcycle he'd backed himself into was ultimately his undoing. If he had backed around the front of the motorcycle, he could have maintained his distance and kept himself in a position to maintain the crossfire positioning between himself, the other officer and Mr. Stabby. Maybe the outcome would have been different, maybe not, but in my opinion that forward motion and closing the distance between himself and the attacker is what prompted the attacker to strike when he did.

Only time that a shot in the leg "may" work is when it's 00 buck or 50 bmg. Outside of that... nope! HOLLYWOOD has made people more dumber than Dey was useta cooter bin.. pertenshinrly was... me thinx! :s0108: Jus shoot n da air n:s0094: I'm not a crook!

This article appears to be about the same subject:

Several locals, restaurant customers sitting at outside tables, were witnesses to the scene. One of them told the TN television news channel: "I was at a table. There was this guy who seemed to me drugged or mentally ill. He made gestures as if he were talking to God, a total whacko. When the police approached to remove him from the scene, he pulled out a knife saying: 'Which one of you am I going to take out first?' hurling himself at a policeman who fired two shots into the ground to stop him but the guy stabbed him."

And this...is why warning shots are not a thing. Someone tell Joe.

Inspector Juan Pablo Roldán, 33, the head of the Mounted Police, intervened on behalf of local passers-by being threatened at knifepoint by Rodrigo Facundo Roza, 51, only to receive four stab wounds himself, one of them in his heart (despite wearing a bulletproof vest) which proved fatal.

And this...is why knife wielding attackers should never be dismissed as anything less than a severely lethal threat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top