JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would you build a bunker?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe I will someday.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No thanks, sounds like a giant waste of resources.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Ummm... No comment!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • *your maniacal laughter echoes throughout the confines of your subterranean lair*

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
1707072748893.png

Aloha, Mark

Some thoughts. If we have a nuclear strike or natural disaster that knocks out power. There is no electricity, running water or likely natural gas. The ventilation required for your bunker requires electricity or a passive system. If there is nuclear fallout, you're out of luck on fresh air.

You would need a heck of a lot more than just a hole in the ground and a blast door. You'd likely need an entire self contained and hardened infrastructure... Wouldn't be surprised if building a truly effective bunker would cost far more than building an above ground house... And with a whole lot less usable square footage.

Would one really want to survive a nuclear blast? Thinking I'd rather be vaporized than deal with the fallout, literally and figuratively…

Unless of course one is nowhere near the blast/fallout zone. Then of course, live on…

Would one really want to survive a nuclear blast? Thinking I'd rather be vaporized than deal with the fallout, literally and figuratively…
Agreed. Red Dawn and all until you need a root canal or break your leg, need antibiotics, etc. Count me in on the ground zero crew.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top