JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just saw this and thought some people would be interested. In the latest release of Kitzhaber emails, I found the following memo from 2013 on the different options for the Ex-Gov. Kizthaber to address 'gun violence' in Oregon. Nothing really 'new' that we don't already know. But I thought it worth sharing

I tried to search for other items, but there really wasn't much (old public testimony for background checks in 2013, a thank you letter for encouraging CA Gov. Brown to pass lead ammo ban).

Link is below. Go to Page 1169 for start of memo.
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2517552-kitzhaber-emails-39.html

"Ultimately, any response to gun violence will be more directed at shifting the culture, possibly making it harder to sue or obtain a firearm. The menu of options approaches this as not locking down the firearms altogether (though you may want to consider that)..."

Proof right there. SB941 was about making it harder for people to obtain firearms. Notice the email says NOTHING about criminals.

Also you notice they had the Attorney General "exploring" the option of required insurance. Which means they knew it was illegal and were trying to find a way around the Constitution.

"Guns ≠ safety" under public education

The email also lists US Attorney for Oregon Amanda Marshall, you probably remember her for stalking a married subordinate, being caught by the US Marshalls assigned to protect him form a drug cartel hit squad, and her strategy session with Ginny Burdick and Ceasefire Oregon.

It's insane that there was SO much work being done on our dime to take away our rights.

Can't believe I read that whole damned thing. Funny, (or not) how there was no mention of education? We wouldn't' want to EDUCATE people on proper firearms safety and handling now would we? What a bunch of pompous arses these people are!

Actually, there is a section labeled Public Education on the 3rd page. Things like being sure to tell people firearms for sport are different from 'assault rifles'. i.e. the general theme of changing the culture by promoting unreasonable fear in the general populous. Well, ok. It's more propaganda.

Here's the email search tool that the Oregonian provided if anyone wanted to search for other things.
http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/11/latest_batch_of_john_kitzhaber.html

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top