JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will be the first to admit this was pretty stupid but i was i a panic last night. I had decided to get out my Glock 32 is see how comfortable it would be to carry IWB. When I went to look for it I could not find it.

I searched the house from top to bottom. It was not in my gunsafe (I do not keep my Glocks there but I looked anyway), it was not in my small safe in the bathroom, it was not in my nightstand, it was not in my car, it was not in my range bag, or anywhere else I looked.

I started wondering if I sold it and did not remember doing so but I found the case in the garage. I started panicking thinking did I leave it at the range? My imagination was running wild. I started looking on top of cabinets and anywhere else I might stash something even though I never leave weapons laying out.

To keep an already long story from getting too much longer I finally faintly remembered at about 4:00am that I used to keep my G33 in a locked Pelican hard case before I started locking it in my car glove box. I vaguely remembered that when I took it out of the case that I placed something else in the case to replace it. I looked through the closets and found the Pelican case under my softball and paintball bags in the hall closet. Inside was my G32.

I felt like such an idiot for letting something as dangerous as a gun get away from me for so long without even realizing it. :eek:

I can't say that this has happened to me yet. But, my father misplaced his NAA .32 about a year before he passed away, We still have not yet found where he put it! Mom hasn't run across it yet in the house, I haven't yet either (thinking that maybe he left it in the shop somewhere). I guess that probably my children will find it, thankfully I know they will tell Mom or I about it.

wg

I'm glad for the happy ending!

Years ago, when I lived in Idaho Falls, my friend Bryant was going out to the woods, and when he was loading his truck, he layed his Ruger Blackhawk .357 on the roof of his cab. He was miles away when he remembered it. He went back, of course, but nobody at his apartment complex knew or saw anything. His Dad had given him that revolver. His girlfriend at the time felt so bad for him, she bought him a brand new stainless Super Blackhawk. His Dad told him that if that was the stupidest thing he ever did, then he was in pretty good shape.

You know PBP, if I ever need a business partner you're getting a PM from me, you're a more honest guy than me, always share your "I sure am glad nobody saw that" moments with us :)

But, I did throw my old Phoenix Arms HP-22 in the magazine-pouch of my rifle case onetime and freaked out a little. I think its just if you put something more or less where its supposed to be you're comfortable and forget about it.

Yep..

When we moved, a few months later, I was looking for hours for a gun that had came up missing since I had packed it in another case. When my wife asked me what I had misplaced - I said "an UZI".

You should of seen the "you've got to be *@! kidding me" look she gave me.:s0155:

I lost track of my carry gun for a few hours one day, totally freaked I was. I did a lot of soul searching about it after I found it. The soul searching centered around imagining that the wrong kind of person found the gun.

I have misplaced alot of things in my day. Wallet, keys, remote control, sun glasses.....but I have never misplaced a firearm. If that happens, Im pretty sure it's an indicator that you need to reign in your weapons. And by that, I mean you have too many "floating" around your house and or car, and need to get them back into your safe. Maybe consider giving a few to me, so you have less to keep track of. Just a thought...

Nope. But I suspect a so called friend of mine has stolen from me (non-serial numbered item but still gun relatedand) it was around my gun bench/gun safe in the garage. I can't prove it and it irritates me, but what do you do? Next time I go overseas I know who isn't going to be in my 'deployment' Will. Now I can't rust any of my friends in my garage by themselves.

I did have a friend many years ago whose wife left her G23 in the womens bathroom. She went back to the truck stop just north of Kaiser and went into the stall she had used and it was still on the toilet water tank. Crazy huh?

SF-

No.

However, last night my wife called in from the garage: "why is there a very heavy box of bullets on the washing machine?"

"Oh, THAT'S where I left them..."

(They were actually a box of Sierra bullets, not fully loaded ammo).

Used to all the time. But always in my house. Then I got a phone call from my roommate one day when I was living in Denver. He asked if I'd taken his Glock. I said I hadn't. I came right home. I started looking through my guns and found that one of mine was missing as well. Had to file a police report and go through that annoyance. The guns were recovered a few years later and returned. On a side note, the thief went to the bottom of my range bag to steal a Taurus revolver (a .17 for that matter). He passed up my 1911, and several more expensive revolvers and guns that were also in the bag (having just gone to the range the day before). Not knowing exactly where they all are make them hard to find one missing right away...

Now all my guns but one or two live in my gun safe. And when there isn't room for all of them, I'll sell some to make room or buy another safe. No more wondering...

In short, NO. Im very meticulous about what fire arm goes where. Before I had kids I had a few handguns strategically placed throught the house while we lived in Southern CA.. But yeah, they are now ALL locked up and my ONE home defense weapon is locked up also but with no trigger lock, just in a wall mounted small safe with digital code..

I keep them all in one room and they never leave unless they are with me.

There was one time though we had a garage sale of sorts and there were things inside the house for sale so I had to close my door and put a sign saying no entry. I had to leave really quick to pick up a few things and I get back and check all my guns to make sure everything is there. I looked in my nightstand where I always kept my G23 and it wasn't there. I freaked out for about a minute until I realized I locked it up before I left.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top