JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought 25, yes 25 of these RealTree waterproof, windproof cold weather parka's for....wait for it...$8 a piece on sale. They went back to their $50 price the day after. Part of me wishes I bought more, part of me wonders if I will ever use this many jackets in 10 life times....I could keep one in the car, one at a BOL, etc. I plan on wearing these for all my outdoor activities from now on as they are toasty warm and wind/waterproof and very comfortable not to mention silent fabric and don't show dirt easily. Or I could sell a few. But alas, now that the price has gone up I'm kind of glad I bought so many and thinking of keeping them all, lol. I might give one or two out as gifts for Xmas...

It may seem over kill but I got $1,250 worth of jackets for $200 and one of the often forgotten prepping items is warm clothes, shoes/boots, etc. Lack of shelter will kill you before dehydration and starvation, and what you wear is your first line of shelter. So overboard or good buy? I say good buy.

1583807965503.png

Good score!

Thank you. It may not be very grey man for urban areas but I have tons of jackets for that anyways. This is good outdoor/SHTF apparel and for the price, I couldn't pass it up. I almost thought it was too good to be true, I even looked to make sure they weren't junior sizes or used. Nope, grown man sizes and brand new in packaging. Got large and XL sizes so I could layer underneath if needed. I can layer lightly under the large and wear a down jacket under the XL. Could probably do that with my L too. I wear a fleece and down under my Columbia and North Face sometimes when out for extended periods.

I bought 25, yes 25 of these RealTree waterproof, windproof cold weather parka's for....wait for it...$8 a piece on sale. They went back to their $50 price the day after. Part of me wishes I bought more, part of me wonders if I will ever use this many jackets in 10 life times....I could keep one in the car, one at a BOL, etc. I plan on wearing these for all my outdoor activities from now on as they are toasty warm and wind/waterproof and very comfortable not to mention silent fabric and don't show dirt easily. Or I could sell a few. But alas, now that the price has gone up I'm kind of glad I bought so many and thinking of keeping them all, lol. I might give one or two out as gifts for Xmas...

It may seem over kill but I got $1,250 worth of jackets for $200 and one of the often forgotten prepping items is warm clothes, shoes/boots, etc. Lack of shelter will kill you before dehydration and starvation, and what you wear is your first line of shelter. So overboard or good buy? I say good buy.
Where did you score a deal like that? Great price and kudos to you.
I know I've gotten some killer deals from Wally world but not in quantities like that!

When I bought these I thought of the thread that leadcounsel put up for those Bates boots at a fraction of the cost. I bought a few of those too and some other stuff from them in bulk lol.

My first customer! How many would you like? :D
I'm too big for most all of them :confused: I usually get size 3XL-T most days, although certain size XL-2XL jackets from the 1980s-1990s fit me just fine :rolleyes:

Some "4xl" are the exact same size as "3xl" in button up shirts.. "vanity sizing" in full effect.

On an interesting note, the OD 1980s US Army Extreme Cold Weather Parka with the removable hood and the quilted liner, size "Medium-Regular" fits perfectly on me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: its probably meant to be worn over gear and fleeces though.

I'm too big for most all of them :confused: I usually get size 3XL-T most days, although certain size XL-2XL jackets from the 1980s-1990s fit me just fine :rolleyes:

Some "4xl" are the exact same size as "3xl" in button up shirts.. "vanity sizing" in full effect.

On an interesting note, the OD 1980s US Army Extreme Cold Weather Parka with the removable hood and the quilted liner, size "Medium-Regular" fits perfectly on me :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: its probably meant to be worn over gear and fleeces though.

Something like this? :D;)

1583810334686.png

Man that Hi Point is huge. How could you be wearing 3Xl-T? The gun is bigger than you.
It is what the tag says :rolleyes: My pants are reliably 44, and belts are usually 44-48 depending on brand :rolleyes: but I dont wear pants high on waist, because they always roll off :rolleyes:
With the OD USGI parka on and my custom LBE worn, which has 40" of padded MOLLE section
I have extension sleeves for the belt but they need either stiff padding or plastic stiffeners to work better

dscf2324.jpg dscf2330.jpg

Please share it on the "good deals thread" After you have your confirmation of course. I'm often the guy jumping on that kind of thing. My kids, who've long moved out of the house, still kid me about the time I bought a pallet of Nutrigrain bars for pennies on the dollar. Stocked them in the basement for a long long time. So many bars that my seriously love of them has turned to near aversion. I mean, they're still good, but not as much....

View attachment 668046
Definitely need to post next time so I can get one.

Definitely need to post next time so I can get one.

I'll post it in Great Deals next time. I don't even remember how it came to my attention, I want to say a google advertisement. I was so focused on checking out as quickly as possible I ordered from my phone while I was out. I couldn't believe it. When it was delivered today I opened the box expecting garbage and disappointment. When I pulled them out I couldn't believe it. Tried on both sizes (I ordered two sizes in case one was too small or too large) and decided to keep them all instead of returning whatever size didn't fit perfectly. It turns out both fit fine, the Large is more normal for me but the XL is fine too and gives me more room to layer with down underneath but is still not super huge for me. And I lostt 20 lbs recently....

Please share it on the "good deals thread" After you have your confirmation of course. I'm often the guy jumping on that kind of thing. My kids, who've long moved out of the house, still kid me about the time I bought a pallet of Nutrigrain bars for pennies on the dollar. Stocked them in the basement for a long long time. So many bars that my seriously love of them has turned to near aversion. I mean, they're still good, but not as much....

Just saw this, yeah I will. I didn't even know there was such a section until I just saw it mentioned in another thread about an HST ammo 50% off sale.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top