JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even Legal Visitors to U.S. Can Be Denied Second Amendment Rights
Federal law bans illegal aliens from possessing guns, see 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(5)(A), which applies to anyone "who, being an alien" "is illegally or unlawfully in the United States." No problem, all federal courts who considered the issue have said. Indeed, the Ninth Circuit so held in U.S. v. Torres this January.

But the very next subsection, § 922(g)(5)(B), also bans gun possession by legal aliens who have been admitted "under a nonimmigrant visa." In today's U.S. v. Singh, the Ninth Circuit upheld that, but using logic that strikes me as hard to defend.

As far as I'm concerned, visitors to my country are not allowed any Constitutional rights, since they're not US citizens. They are guests in our collective home.

I've been in people's homes where they required visitors to remove their shoes before entering. Some homes, like mine, are non-smoking areas.

If we decide, as a nation, that visitors can/can't have firearms, then that's the way it is. But the Constitution is ours.

It's simple, not a U.S. citizen, not granted the same rights of our constitution! Dont like it, dont come here! Want those rights, become a citizen, pay taxes and contribute positively to society!

In most cases, "visitors" are entitled to our protections.

Should we allow police jail people, just because they are not US citizens? Or, do they get due process?

Do we ignore copyright for other countries artists?

In most cases, "visitors" are entitled to our protections.

Should we allow police jail people, just because they are not US citizens? Or, do they get due process?

Do we ignore copyright for other countries artists?

"Just because they're not US citizens" is no reason to jail them.

But if they break the law? They shouldn't get the same consideration as a US citizen. First to the pokey, and then deportation.

Why in the world would we coddle someone who came into our home and started causing trouble?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top