JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone actually carry/use one of these knives? I love that they are US made, 100% no questions asked, transferrable warranty and reasonably priced. Looking to get one on payday but, would like some real world feedback if you have any.

I have handled a bunch of them, great knives!!!

I'm waiting for cash and will buy the 6" and have the Rat 3" from Ontario already (same guy made them and it is a joy to use - I have big hands though).

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback! I think I'm going to go ahead and pick one up. So far, I haven't found anything negative on them. Seems folks who buy them really like them.

I've handled friends and I think they are a huge bargain, especially for the money. I can't imagine a camp or survival chore those blades couldn't do.

I have the 4. I'm impressed with it. It's a serious camp knife. A friend has the 6, which is a very substantial tool. I feel that the 4 is a perfect size for camp use and some tasks around the house.

I use mine basically for batoning kindling and other camp chores. I actually think that using a knife like this for splitting thin pieces of kindling is a little safer than using a hatchet. Of course you want to have a thick spine for batoning which the Esee has.

One thing that I have trouble with is sharpening mine with my Lanksy sharpener. Not sure why. 1095 isn't typically a hard steel to get a good edge on but I can't do it with the Lansky.

I say go for it. You won't be disappointed.

IMG_1730.JPG

..One thing that I have trouble with is sharpening mine with my Lanksy sharpener. Not sure why. 1095 isn't typically a hard steel to get a good edge on but I can't do it with the Lansky..
Blacken the edge with a marker and see if the stones are hitting the edge proper all the way.

I love my ESSE4 It came sharp enough to shave with and holds a edge quite well, it is my favorite fixed blade knife. I keep it in my get home bag, I figure its the one knife I'll never have to worry about breaking regardless of how I use it.

I love my ESSE4 It came sharp enough to shave with and holds a edge quite well, it is my favorite fixed blade knife. I keep it in my get home bag, I figure its the one knife I'll never have to worry about breaking regardless of how I use it.

That's not a knife...

Now this is a knife!!!

IMG_1034.JPG

Tops Anaconda 9" blade

I love mine, I got the Junglas with sheath and stone holder, super knife for not a lot of money. SHarpen on the India Stones and it's shaving sharp and keeps that way better then I expected. Stroped and it's scary sharp, Just the way I like um!:)

I got a Junglas as well, used it last camping trip to prep some veg for dinner. worked great on Onions and taters but not so well mincing Garlic
I always bring a nice big folding filet knife camping just for stuff like that. I'd bring a full-on chef knife if I had a sheath.

KNIVES ARE NOT FOR BATONING KINDLE WOOD.
This is some stupid gimmick that some DS "bushcrafter" made up to have something different on his channel
Besides,if there is big wood there is smaller wood and you usually don't need to split anything to make a campfire
In my 59 years I have not but a couple times hurt myself using an axe or hatchet splitting wood. You have more of a chance hurting your wrists using a tool for something it's not made for.
And I'm pretty darn good at making fires and splitting wood so I may know what I'm talking about:cool:
OK I'm off my soap box.:D
ANYWAY,for me knives are a worst addiction than guns,well cause they are easier to buy. Heck I can feed my knife addiction like 5 times for every one gun!
So I'd say buy the knife and see how you like it. It may not suit your needs but for 60 bucks it won't hurt too much.;)
For $60 I may go to Amazon and get one since I haven't bought a new knife in a bit.

KNIVES ARE NOT FOR BATONING KINDLE WOOD.
This is some stupid gimmick that some DS "bushcrafter" made up to have something different on his channel
Besides,if there is big wood there is smaller wood and you usually don't need to split anything to make a campfire
In my 59 years I have not but a couple times hurt myself using an axe or hatchet splitting wood. You have more of a chance hurting your wrists using a tool for something it's not made for.
And I'm pretty darn good at making fires and splitting wood so I may know what I'm talking about:cool:
OK I'm off my soap box.:D
ANYWAY,for me knives are a worst addiction than guns,well cause they are easier to buy. Heck I can feed my knife addiction like 5 times for every one gun!
So I'd say buy the knife and see how you like it. It may not suit your needs but for 60 bucks it won't hurt too much.;)
For $60 I may go to Amazon and get one since I haven't bought a new knife in a bit.

What he said^^^.

I would use my axe with its 5" of sharp vs my tops 9" of sharp to split kindling if I ever needed too (only at home).

In the forest there is dead stuff of all sizes - never had an issue fining stuff to start a fire.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top