JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
KNIVES ARE NOT FOR BATONING KINDLE WOOD.
This is some stupid gimmick that some DS "bushcrafter" made up to have something different on his channel

I agree that the original design and reason a knife was created or developed was not to baton wood. Just as the original intent of a gun or hammer was not to use as a tool to crush a skull. But when needed, the butt of a pistol or rifle, or hammer, in the right hands, can be used to crush a skull and probably did many a time.

Now when I say batoning, I'm not talking whittling thick rounds split into quarters, then into kindling. You obviously want to use the right tool for the job. But when camping, and maybe buying already quartered rounds from a camp host, or taking with you small bundles or collecting fire wood from broken limbs and other wood found on a hike, a knife, such as the Esee 4 or larger, is a perfectly acceptable tool for making small kindling by batoning.

Thick spine, full tang, and a long blade length make for a great kindling making tool.

That's just my opinion and experience. Regardless of what some dumbs!t bushcrafter posted on their channel.

Mjbskwim, buy that 3, I think you'll like it.

No difference. The right tool for the job is an axe.
Especially in the situation described. You brought the wood with you in you vehicle,that will also carry an axe.
Now peeling off some tinder? Sure why not

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top