JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Erich Pratt hits a home run with this interview. Amongst all the b.s. rhetoric that makes one smack their face, (and my face hurts now!) this interview is a refreshing positive break.
Incidentally, I have seen the CDC report Mr. Pratt references, and it indeed was 'comissioned' as a part of the 23 executive orders decreed by his lordship Obama. Yet the report never got national coverage as it didn't return the results the anti-gunners wanted. I emailed links to that report far and wide myself (not that I have national influence) but it was definitely buried. Another note of hypocrisy, anti-gunners croak about the moratorium on 'gun violence' studies, yet here was a timely one, done in the wake of Newtown, and nothing said about it. So, who still denies there is an ideological agenda being pushed, one that ignores the very answers that people should be hearing?

The problem is that facts do not matter and never have to these folks they have an agenda and that is all that matters.

Since the leftist continue with their mantra, I will continue with mine; they are delusional.

Delusion is the most extreme deviation in thought content. The fixed false beliefs maintained despite all objective evidence and logical argument to the contrary. Furthermore the belief is not one ordinarily shared by others who have similar educational or social cultural background.

Cut and paste that, and post it everywhere these people spout the delusional commentary.

What is WOPR, if I might ask?

WOPR is the computer from War Games, an 1980's move about a computer that simulates different strategies for global thermonuclear war. In the end (spoiler) the computer learns that there is no winning move in nuclear war.

The quote is "a strang game, the only winning move is not to play"
I feel that every time we discuss some idiot journalist, it seems so useless since nothing changes

WOPR is the computer from War Games, an 1980's move about a computer that simulates different strategies for global thermonuclear war. In the end (spoiler) the computer learns that there is no winning move in nuclear war.

The quote is "a strang game, the only winning move is not to play"
I feel that every time we discuss some idiot journalist, it seems so useless since nothing changes

Still an awesome movie all these years later.

He did a fantastic job keeping the actual facts in front of her, while simultaneously not getting roped in to the tireless argument that "too many people are dying due to gun violence" - that usually stops people from getting at the heart of the matter. Many props to him for not only going head to head with her, but very effectively disarming her, while also pissing her off! :s0115:

She seemed to be making an emotional appeal, which is a ruse and manipulative journalism. Since all the irrationality is based on sustaining the emotion of the event to justify what is an intellectually dishonest, spurious argument, it just makes the media look,yet again, like fools. Erich remained calm and stuck to his facts and didn't validate her emotionalism but was polite none the less.

No such thing as "gun violence". We need to take control of the dialogue. Not only that,we need to get the 20 million plus gun owners in the streets shouting at the top of our lungs for OUR CIVIL RIGHTS. Civil rights are CONSTITUTIONAL rights! Some of us remember the riots of the 1960's. It's about time we do the same thing! Civil disobedience is not a crime, it's our right!!

Does anyone have this CDC research study that the guy is quoting from? Why is this not being forwarded like it's hot?

I'm also really curious about the stats he quotes from France. Where can we find these? If these are all true, how is this not like the major crux of every gun control argument?

I will try to contact this CNN reporter and ask her what her follow up research she "promised" has turned up.

Does anyone have this CDC research study that the guy is quoting from? Why is this not being forwarded like it's hot?

The full report titled, "Priorities for a Public Health Research Agenda to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence", can be viewed at http://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1.

Additional info is available at Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence : Health and Medicine Division (http://www.nationalacademies.org/hmd/Reports/2013/Priorities-for-Research-to-Reduce-the-Threat-of-Firearm-Related-Violence.aspx).

I'm also really curious about the stats he quotes from France. Where can we find these? If these are all true, how is this not like the major crux of every gun control argument?

I will try to contact this CNN reporter and ask her what her follow up research she "promised" has turned up.

It came out some months after Newtown, and I've read it. A diligent internet search should turn it up. In fact, here it is:http://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1#x
http://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1#x
And all kind of results from when it was published:
cdc gun violence report 2013 at DuckDuckGo (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cdc+gun+violence+report+2013&ia=web)
I think it would be great if she was bombarded with emails showing her the study, and challenging her to follow up on it on the air.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top