JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@HB of CJ

I think the altitude of a typical ICBM would probably peak at 350km (200 miles?). Still, an airburst of a nuclear warhead above say 50 miles could have serious consequences (ie., EMP). The impacted range would be a factor of the altitude and the size of the warhead.

upload_2017-4-18_10-4-58.png

As long as donut boy stays in his own little world, we really have little to gain, and a lot to loose by playing his games. We wipe him out and we're now responsible for rehabilitating his country. We'd basically be pouring trillions into NK so they can make high quality rubber dog crap.

Let him have his little temper tantrums and just ignore him.

Regarding EMP affects. Respectfully. Whatever. Very different from what we were taught long ago. No dog. Regarding that orbiting North Korean satellite, how big is it and exactly what is its function? Is it a comm satellite? Or a weather satellite? Or could it be something else? How big is it? Mass? What could be inside? I am thinking bad thoughts here. Borrowed stuff from other nations? Could the USA take it out? Dunno. Things are getting very non comfortable. Just me. Respectfully. :(

@HB of CJ

I think the altitude of a typical ICBM would probably peak at 350km (200 miles?). Still, an airburst of a nuclear warhead above say 50 miles could have serious consequences (ie., EMP). The impacted range would be a factor of the altitude and the size of the warhead.

View attachment 357570

If I had 6 small nukes and some very uncertain delivery devices I wouldnt be wasting them on a theoretical EMP burst that may work IF the yield were significantly higher than what I was capable of delivering. I'd be taking out Seoul first then IF my missiles could get off the ground maybe Tokyo and Honolulu. Then I'd sit back and wait for about 12 minutes for me and my country to be reduced to somewhat radioactive rubble.

EMP is not as effective as most of us assume. In testing done about ten years ago they found that most cars didn't even stop, and those that did started right up again. The things most vulnerable are communications equipment due to the attached antennas. The worst thing that might happen is the total destruction of smart phones effectively doubling the nation's IQ.

http://jalopnik.com/5937778/how-to-prepare-your-car-to-handle-an-emp-and-why-you-shouldnt-bother

EMP Comission report:
http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2473-EMP_Commission-7MB.pdf
I wouldn't mind if smartphones got fried. That seems like it might be a bonus for society.

Respectfully. Perhaps I do have a small dog in this EMP thing. If 40 years ago the Air Force AND Army briefed us on the potential of EMP and remember this was in a Zinc and vacuum tube world with ZERO unprotected microprocessors, can one imagine or exactly know how vulnerable we are today to a huge Continental EMP attack?

I also would question the accuracy or motive of those links. The reduced EMP risk links. ALSO there have been some non accurate and very misleading videos showing how to "protect" you vulnerable electronic gadgets by placing them in a steel trash can or a .50 cal ammo box. The method they use to test this is to try to call your cell phone.

If the phone does not answer then they say it is proof against EMP? Haw haw haw. Good luck with that. All they have proven is that your cell phone will not pick up a signal inside a can. The Air Force spend millions testing the B52 against EMP ... before microchips. They succeeded mostly. That was also over 40 years ago. EMP remains a major threat.

Respectfully. Yikes!

Anonymous warning on North Korea.
http://nypost.com/2017/05/08/anonymous-warns-world-to-prepare-for-world-war-3/

The video is a little weird. However, I think about North Korea and I am reminded of the slow buildup in the Middle East before the first Gulf War in 1990.
I'm sure you all feel and think the same way but it is rather fascinating to me how the "mainstream media" goes out of its way to blackout the happenings of the world and rumblings of war. I know they have an agenda and I know its to be expected but it still is amazing to me how little is reported and how ignorant most of the populace is. Most of my immediate family has absolutely no clue what is happening with North Korea righ now...SMH!

Kim Duck Soup does it again.

North Korea Launches Ballistic Missile
North Korea fired a ballistic missile just days after the election of a new president in South Korea who has called for seeking more engagement with the regime in Pyongyang.

The missile flew about 435 miles before splashing down in the waters between Korea and Japan.

Maj. Rob Shuford, a spokesman for U.S. Pacific Command in Hawaii, said the launch didn't appear to be consistent with that of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

I'm sure you all feel and think the same way but it is rather fascinating to me how the "mainstream media" goes out of its way to blackout the happenings of the world and rumblings of war. I know they have an agenda and I know its to be expected but it still is amazing to me how little is reported and how ignorant most of the populace is. Most of my immediate family has absolutely no clue what is happening with North Korea righ now...SMH!

Theyve been shooting off rockets and setting off nukes for years. A lot of people , myself included to an extent see the new found urgency as just a diversionary tactic to take focus away from the current administrations daily blunder parade.

Kim Duck Soup does it again.

North Korea Launches Ballistic Missile
North Korea fired a ballistic missile just days after the election of a new president in South Korea who has called for seeking more engagement with the regime in Pyongyang.

The missile flew about 435 miles before splashing down in the waters between Korea and Japan.

Maj. Rob Shuford, a spokesman for U.S. Pacific Command in Hawaii, said the launch didn't appear to be consistent with that of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

A Scud by an other name flies just the same...

Yeah, Trump said he'd loosen up on our trade negotiations if they would take our side on this. So Xi sent 150k troops to the NK border lol.

It would be good business for US and China to develop North Korea's economy and have another Asian country to make cheap crap for the world to consume.
Better to have more crap than poorly constructed nukes.
Don't you think that in WW2 there were guys in the Pacific theater wishing that instead of making Zero's, Nambu's and other war materials that it would be great if the Japanese were busy making radios and motorcycles instead? Call it crap if you will but that outcome is much better. Who knows what the N.Korean's will be contributing to the world within a decade getting their freedom? I'm pretty sure it won't be islamic fundamentalism.

The way to get good at something is to practice doing it. North Korea keeps practicing as the world watches.

North Korea missile passes re-entry test in breakthrough for nuclear programme

Defence officials in South Korea and the US have confirmed that the launch of the liquid- fuel Hwasong-12 was a success.

North Korea claimed that the weapon reached an altitude of 2,111.5 km (1,312 miles) and travelled a distance of 489 miles before breaching Japan's Air Defence Identification Zone and splashing down in the Sea of Japan.

The missile took a steep parabolic route that tested its ability to survive re-entry into the atmosphere, with North Korean state media reporting that the missile - capable of carrying a "large-size, heavy nuclear warhead" to a target on the US mainland - had come through "the worst re-entry situation" and struck its intended target.

That claim was confirmed by South Korean government sources, who told the JoongAng Daily that analysis of data communication from North Korea's missile control centre confirmed the warhead survived the 5,000 degrees Celsius (9,032 Fahrenheit) and extreme vibration it experienced on re-entry.

<broken link removed>

Preparing for North Korea's growing threat, the Pentagon will try to shoot down an intercontinental-range missile for the first time in a test next week. The goal is to more closely simulate a North Korean ICBM aimed at the U.S. homeland, officials said Friday

The American interceptor has a spotty track record, succeeding in nine of 17 attempts since 1999. The most recent test, in June 2014, was a success, but that followed three straight failures. The system has evolved from the multibillion-dollar effort triggered by President Ronald Reagan's 1983 push for a "Star Wars" solution to ballistic missile threats during the Cold War - when the Soviet Union was the only major worry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top