JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in a Patriot Missile unit many moons ago. They have improved but at the time they were designed to shoot down a 1000 MPH airplane and they'd do that all day long. When the Gulf War started my unit got sent to Israel and TRIED to shoot down missiles. Luckily SCUDS werent that accurate. Out of 60+ Patriot missiles my unit deployed NONE hit a missile. Luckily according to the news at the time we were knocking the SCUDS out of the sky left and right.

I was in a Patriot Missile unit many moons ago. They have improved but at the time they were designed to shoot down a 1000 MPH airplane and they'd do that all day long. When the Gulf War started my unit got sent to Israel and TRIED to shoot down missiles. Luckily SCUDS werent that accurate. Out of 60+ Patriot missiles my unit deployed NONE hit a missile. Luckily according to the news at the time we were knocking the SCUDS out of the sky left and right.

Different newsies these days, who don't mind putting the nations security in front of getting a story out. So they can say they did...a$$holes.

Fascinating

Oh, no missile capability eh-- Gee I wonder how they managed to get their satellites into orbito_O
It apparently takes less to insert a spy satellite into orbit... something thats been done since Sputnik. Sending a missile on a ballistic course from launch with an accurate enough guidance system and a big enough warhead to do serious damage? Thats probably harder.. however I do wonder whats the launch/trajectory profile look like for their satellite rockets... because we have been using 70s technology icbm rocket boosters to insert satellites nowadays.. like the Atlas and Titan boosters.

Edit. Officially their most recent satellite launch attempt was successful in 2016 but the satellite is tumbling and failed. Previous launches all broke apart or blew up

Last Edited:
It apparently takes less to insert a spy satellite into orbit... something thats been done since Sputnik. Sending a missile on a ballistic course from launch with an accurate enough guidance system and a big enough warhead to do serious damage? Thats probably harder.. however I do wonder whats the launch/trajectory profile look like for their satellite rockets... because we have been using 70s technology icbm rocket boosters to insert satellites nowadays.. like the Atlas and Titan boosters.

Edit. Officially their most recent satellite launch attempt was successful in 2016 but the satellite is tumbling and failed. Previous launches all broke apart or blew up

Never heard of kamikaze's either huh?

Experts See Several Paths for North Korea to Viable Nuclear-Tipped ICBMs

This may be paid content from the Wall Street Journal (WSJ). A snippet is below:

SEOUL—Experts believe that North Korea has several paths to a viable nuclear-tipped ICBM, each of which uses a separate design. North Korea has twice successfully launched a satellite from a three-stage ballistic rocket that has sufficient power to reach the U.S. west coast and could form the basis of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

It also has test-launched its so-called Musudan missile, which is estimated to have a range of 3,000 kilometers to 4,000 kilometers, but North Korea appears to have struggled with the technology, failing several times before claiming one success in June 2016.

It is also working on other technologies such as solid-fuel missiles that can be launched from the back of a truck with virtually no advance warning.

All told, the North Koreans now have roughly a dozen different types of missiles that have been displayed—an impressive feat for an isolated country with a population roughly a third the size of Iran, said Uzi Rubin, an Israeli missile-defense engineer and former head of the country's Missile Defense Organization.

"I thought the Iranians had the most advanced missile program in what used to be called the Third World," he said, calling the North's progress "amazing"—and in particular its successful launch on Tuesday of its Hwasong-14, which Mr. Rubin classified as an intercontinental ballistic missile.

"These are not stage props—these are missiles that are working," he said.

Keeping my fingers crossed and mags loaded. Even a small EMP could severely disrupt peace for a while on any part of the west coast. Besides that, why does that fat bastard leader of theirs hate us so much? Never mind, he has Dennis Rodman as a buddy, some things just weren't meant to be understood!

I spent all my time in the Regular Army in ADA units ( Air Defense Artillery ... Patriots, stingers, etc. ) and I follow the trends in ADA. If it flies, it dies. I have no doubt in the ability for the Army to knock whatever the N. Koreans in the air out of the sky either by jamming or simply blowing it out of the sky. Our air defense is one of our worst and best kept secrets.

I spent all my time in the Regular Army in ADA units ( Air Defense Artillery ... Patriots, stingers, etc. ) and I follow the trends in ADA. If it flies, it dies. I have no doubt in the ability for the Army to knock whatever the N. Koreans in the air out of the sky either by jamming or simply blowing it out of the sky. Our air defense is one of our worst and best kept secrets.

That's why Barry worked so hard to keep it out of Poland.

Use of Force Against North Korea Carries Risk of Catastrophic War

This may be paid content. A snippet:

WASHINGTON—North Korea's provocative July 4 test of an intercontinental ballistic missile comes as the Trump administration faces an uncomfortable reality: Any use of force against North Korea carries the risk of a catastrophic war and could still fail to stop the regime from wielding a nuclear arsenal.

A recent review of the issue at the White House provided American officials with possible options on North Korea, including the outside possibility of using force against the regime or its nuclear facilities with the aim of derailing Kim Jong Un's quest for weapons of mass destruction. U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley warned Wednesday the U.S. is willing to use military force against North Korea "if we must."

Military action, according to analysts, could take a number of forms. Most likely among them: a limited airstrike on North Korea's nuclear infrastructure or missile facilities. How successful such an attack would be in derailing North Korea's nuclear program would depend in large part on the quality of U.S. and allied intelligence on the nuclear and missile sites. Far less likely, but also possible, would be an attack designed to target the country's leadership.

But any overt military action would run the risk that the North Korean regime would interpret the attack as an existential threat and respond with force that could kill millions of people on the Korean Peninsula, including some of the 28,500 U.S. troops stationed in South Korea. Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis has warned that a military solution would be "tragic on an unbelievable scale."

This should have been taken care of 25 years ago.
However, now that the "can" has been kicked so long that we've run out of the road, the only solution left...
...tell china they can have the land after we're finished lighting it up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top