JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great, now anytime we buy something online we have to verify that the store does not use FedEx. Fu.k FedEx, I'm not letting them scan my driver's license. Who knows where that info can end up and it also could be used against you by enforcement agencies in the future.

We've had thousands of dollars of merchandise stolen by FedEx employees in the past. I'm sure some of them are salivating at the chance to sell 10s of thousands of drivers license photos to scammers/dark web/whoever that buys identity theft info.

Plus this gives ATF a convenient way to prove that you personally accepted an item. For example in the rifleremedy gunbroker door to door visits for RB triggers. The owners bought those legally at the time but ATF later declared them unlawful and is currently trying to confiscate them via door-to-door visits of each customer. For the rifleremedy-sold triggers, ATF only has transaction and shipping address data. But with this new policy, it's highly likely that ATF will be able to easily obtain proof that you personally accepted the item.

Great, now anytime we buy something online we have to verify that the store does not use FedEx. Fu.k FedEx, I'm not letting them scan my driver's license. Who knows where that info can end up and it also could be used against you by enforcement agencies in the future.

We've had thousands of dollars of merchandise stolen by FedEx employees in the past. I'm sure some of them are salivating at the chance to sell 10s of thousands of drivers license photos to scammers/dark web/whoever that buys identity theft info.

....ATF will be able to obtain proof that you personally accepted the item.
Amen, Brother!

Having your DL on record for the purchase would also allow ATF to track your current whereabouts. Ie., if you use a delivery service or move at some point, they still gotcha!

If you wanna get paranoid, there is also the potential of the purchase records flagging on your DL during normal LE interactions. Just like a CHL... some cities *cough* like NY *cough* they direct LE to treat any CHL holder as being illegally in possession of a concealed firearm... UNTIL you provide proof you are legal to carry.

Intimidation tactics at their finest.

1662631999447.png

Off topic, but you also notice their policy also grants LE the authority to detain and frisk at will. The only "'probable cause" being that it may be believed you may be carrying a firearm. Like... if you have a CHL.

Last Edited:
When people say "Its a FEDEX thing, not Sig" I cry BS! For me it is a Sig thing! FedUP can do whatever it wants. It is a private concern and lives with any consequences that fall from such decisions.

But my bubblegum is with Sig Sauer. GROW A PAIR! Fight back! Find a new delivery route! Are they just caving and rolling over?

I never use FEDUP whenever I have another option, Sig shouldn't either.

Very disappointing.

If we keep letting them make these incremental invasions of privacy to collect personal info then there is no limit on where that data goes or how it can be used in the future.

I currently see an administration pushing every possible avenue known to man to collect info on guns and gun owners, push seizure of guns (whether via ATF, local law enforcement red flag mass-visits), create more registries, more gun control laws, outright saying they want to get rid of "assault weapons", and demonize gun owners. This drivers license photos info could easily be abused and a gun agency could keep tabs on where things are and who is receiving what and tie it to a drivers license.

People should know by now I am not a conspiracy theorist person, and I don't mean it in that way. I mean in real-world, practical terms if a government agency is directed to collect info., confiscate guns or gun parts in the future, these driver's license photos would logically be a gigantic resource for them to do it (and would give them evidence to prosecute or intimidate poeple).

So? just like buying alcohol. they coming for you best get the tinfoil out
Yea buddy, go ahead and hand over all your personal info. Don't question it, just be a good customer. And when a store asks for your birthday or social security number go ahead and hand that over too. They need it. Don't worry, they will keep it safe. Trust them.

NOT!

Buying alcohol does not require the store to scan your ID and put it in a database. Nor is buying alcohol associated with ATF doing door to door visits to confiscate said alcohol later on. Nor is there an administration actively pursuing a huge effort to ban alcohol via many different avenues including government agencies.

Last Edited:
When people say "Its a FEDEX thing, not Sig" I cry BS! For me it is a Sig thing! FedUP can do whatever it wants. It is a private concern and lives with any consequences that fall from such decisions.

But my bubblegum is with Sig Sauer. GROW A PAIR! Fight back! Find a new delivery route! Are they just caving and rolling over?

I never use FEDUP whenever I have another option, Sig shouldn't either.

Very disappointing.
I think the retailers are trying to do the best they can to keep shipping costs reasonable... as their customers expect them to. Sig doesn't ONLY use fedex, but keeping their customers informed is a good thing in my book.

Whats the solution? Fedex with ID scanning requirement? UPS that is just as likely to "lose" your shipment as actually deliver it? Courier service at 5-10 times the cost?

It would be nice if firearm related retailers all got together to fight back, I grant that. The reality may be though that they make up such a small percentage of revenue for courier services that they may not really have all that much leverage. "You don't want to use our services... we don't care!". :(

Last Edited:
Seeing how the new policy isn't restricted to only firearm related retailers.... maybe there really is enough firepower to elicit a reversal if enough retailers ban together to oppose it.

I like my 5 step solution.
1. Pick up phone and call local FFL with a list of goodies.
2. Hang up phone and go about life as usual.
3. Receive call from local FFL when all goodies arrive.
4. Visit local FFL when convenient.
5. Pay local FFL cash, collect goodies and go home.

I've never once ordered anything online and never will. Does it end up costing me more money for the things I purchase that aren't stocked locally? It damned sure does. Is it worth the peace of mind knowing that some vendor isn't going to be contacting me with an "Oops, we leaked your personal information" email? It damned sure is.

D scanning to be required for adult signatures starting in June 2022

On June 28, 2022, FedEx Express and FedEx Ground will enable ID scanning functionality for deliveries in the U.S. which require an adult signature. Our ID scanning technology will electronically capture the recipient's name and automate age verification. This new process eliminates the need for manual data entry of recipient information and improves the accuracy of recipient information.
When a recipient's ID is scanned, our scanning technology will:
  • Capture the recipient's name associated with the ID and auto-populate the first initial and last name.
  • Confirm the recipient is 21 years or older.
Our software does not record any other personal data (e.g., driver's license number, phone number(s), birthdate, home address, etc.). However, capturing the recipient's first initial and last name is part of the existing proof of delivery process for all signature deliveries and will be retained only as long as necessary.

I think this is a tempest in a teapot as they really aren't doing much more than they were before.

I think this is a tempest in a teapot as they really aren't doing much more than they were before.
That would only be acceptable if they are allowed to enter info manually, not scan of your drivers license that has your birthdate, address, DL#, your photo, etc and could end up anywhere in the internet (including being sold in batches to identity thieves), including an ATF or other gov entity database if they asked for it probably. They are not getting a scan of my drivers license. Period.

That would only be acceptable if they are allowed to enter info manually, not have a copy of your drivers license that has your birthdate, address, DL#, your photo, etc and could end up anywhere in the internet (including being sold in batches to identity thieves), including an ATF or other gov entity database if they asked for it probably. They are not getting a scan of my drivers license. Period.
Did you read the notice?

I'll continue to buy from Sig. I'll continue to pay for Tax Stamps. I'll continue to buy and drink Black Rifle Coffee. And on, and on, and on…

I could care less

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA