JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Visual verification? That requires attestation of the delivery driver which shifts liability onto them.
I'm not saying there is absolutely no issue of liability they "may" be concerned with, but if they can't trust their employees to follow company policy, that sounds more like a "their" problem than an "us" problem.

I'm not required to present my birth certificate or my drivers license when I go pick up a pizza under my name, I don't think it should be necessary to receive a package either. :s0140:

But seriously... I think any liability concerns, if any, should be tempered with them using reasonable means to limit it, and there is always some inherit risk a company has to assume (part of doing business)... VS... using extraordinary means with the burden placed on their customers and opening the risk of vital information being compromised.

The means don't justify the ends, IMHO.

Yea buddy, go ahead and hand over all your personal info. Don't question it, just be a good customer. And when a store asks for your birthday or social security number go ahead and hand that over too. They need it. Don't worry, they will keep it safe. Trust them.

NOT!

Buying alcohol does not require the store to scan your ID and put it in a database. Nor is buying alcohol associated with ATF doing door to door visits to confiscate said alcohol later on. Nor is there an administration actively pursuing a huge effort to ban alcohol via many different avenues including government agencies.
that tinfoil hat is on a little tight for you. you just keep being paranoid about everything

that tinfoil hat is on a little tight for you. you just keep being paranoid about everything
"Tinhat", "fearmongering", "paranoia".... sling whatever inane name you like, but it's simply a matter of exercising a bit of prudence to keep your personal information secure and not willfully surrendering it at the whim of another without due cause.

Misuse/mishandling of personal data is RAMPANT! Even by the government. SHOCK!!

If a person wants to willingly give out their personal info to anyone that asks, and run the risk of misuse, more power to you... and don't go whining about it if it comes back to haunt you. ;) A little due diligence and common sense can go a long way though. YMMV

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews