Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Election Prep?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Sun195, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Anyone done anything extra to prep for elections? I don't expect any trouble, but like to hedge my bets. Plus, I use events like this to prompt me to check my supplies and think about what else to add. Also, winter is right around the corner, so it's timely to check over things in anticipation of that season.

I didn't really do anything related to guns/ammo - I have plenty of what I need in that area, much of it from the previous election four years ago.

I expanded my food supplies somewhat - something I should have done elections-or-not. I also made sure my water, gas and propane supplies got rotated.

Other than that, just going to sit back and watch the results on Tuesday.

2. aksu747

aksu747 Beaverton Active Member

My prep for election is to stock up on ammo, survival gear,MRE's, and tents.
    If it gets to the point that I need to leave my house and or town I will be prepared to make that decision.

3. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Yup, vehicles are filled up, topped off the fuel containers and propane tanks, prepared to work from home on Wednesday if things go sideways late Tuesday.

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Filled the Jeep with gas today, Motorhome is full, have food and water, all I have left to do is load.

5. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

I am not expecting real trouble here, but to be safe did the usual Sunday afternoon vehicle walk around and fluids checks yesteday. And stopped and top off my fuel tank this afternoon just incase. I keep extra fuel stashed for emergencies as it is, so fuel wise I am. My work load is light right at work, so if things are intense Wednesday after the election I could always take a vacation day.

6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I am missing something here - what 'trouble' (even though not expected) could there possibly be from the election that would require anyone to go into some sort of survival mode?

7. Dunerunner

The Zombie Apocalypse, of course!! :laugh:

8. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

If Obama loses, we might see some rioting in some areas of some of the larger cities.

Who knows. I don't plan to get caught in the middle of something. It seems like many people are ready to snap, and are just looking for an excuse...

Peter

Benny503 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. notazombie

notazombie Hillsboro Well-Known Member

10. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

aksu747 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. aksu747

aksu747 Beaverton Active Member

I second that,they look like a bunch of pansies that wouldn't have to balls to start a riot.

12. MrNatural

MrNatural Oregon Well-Known Member

You absolutely want to be prepared for all those White people who will riot and loot if Romney loses.

Oh wait . . .

13. AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote Oh, I get around. New Member

My election prep: Put clean sheets on the bed, send the kids to the grandparents, get a nice bottle of wine, fix Mrs. Alpha her favorite meal, and snuggle down under the covers, secure in the knowledge that no election has more effect on life in America more than what we as individuals do every day. Like nookie with a beautiful woman, for example.

14. Horses are delicious

Horses are delicious Willamette Valley Active Member

Election prep? I already voted, what other prep do I need to do. Using excuses like an election to prepare? You're already too late. Buying guns or ammo during an election cycle? Only fighting other gun owners for a fixed number of guns/shells for sale on your area. Prepping for the election...that's pretty humorous.

15. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

I'm prepared to quit hearing about the damn election everywhere I turn.

RifleEnthusiast, ars, Angie and 9 others like this.
  16. Horses are delicious

Horses are delicious Willamette Valley Active Member

Here's to 4 more years!...of not having to listen to election bs.

17. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I am preparing. I am pre-measuring several charges of black powder to celebrate the victory with muzzle-loader fire! (powder and wadding only - no projectile)

Dunerunner and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Dunerunner

Yee Haw!! I might break out the old nose stuffer for that!!

19. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

as i live in the middle of Portland... i am prepared. well prepared.

we have t-bone steaks defrosting right now. there is charcoal ready for the grill, but if the weather isn't wonderful i'm also prepared to pan sear and oven finish. a nice bottle of merlot and i think a pino as well. apple cobbler for dessert.

i think either way the election goes, about the worst of it in portland will be massive amounts of facebook and twittering. massive amounts. probably people talking up a storm in the coffee shops, too.

20. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Screw Bronco Bamma and that other guy. Could care a less about those two scumbags. Happy the puppet party is almost over.

Every time I hear someone talking about this crap I feel like Abby at 00:12. Absolutely a non-event and scam to keep the average idiot, who thinks he has a 'say' happy. As far as riots go I wouldn't worry about a few femmy American males swinging their purses around in anger that their favorite puppet didn't win.

Remember when you were a kid and you'd listen to adults and all they'd talk about sounded like nonsense? Well it was! You just weren't brainwashed enough at the time to go with the flow.

I guess there are a lot of idiots out there capable of rioting over nothing -- http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...y-obama-supporters-on-the-eve-of-the-election

[video=youtube;OjrthOPLAKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrthOPLAKM&feature=g-logo-xit[/video]