JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the story ( link ) a guy was offended because Gadsden was a slave owner and slave trader , therefore the Gadsden flag is a racist symbol.
Now I do not agree with this "logic" , but then I have common sense and know a bit about our history.
Andy

It's not surprising that this was featured by the Washington Post. They are right up there with the Huffington Post as far as being left wing nutjob sites.

This is just a small sign of the growing S storm that the far regressive left is producing, going to far as to teach this type of thinking to children all the way up to college.
/stops before major rant starts

edslhead said, "If it wasn't for slavery you wouldn't be here to protest the Gadsden."
I don't know about that . . . Maybe your Kenyan daddy could visit Hawaii!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

Slavery has been a part of almost every known culture and society, even non-western ones (Africa, Native America, Asia), on and off since before written history. Societies without any slavery are few and far between. If we sanitized the world of any symbol associated with a person or institution that was involved with slavery, there would be very few symbols left. That being said, in America, anyone of means and/or land had indentured servants, including natives, and people of color (there were just far less natives and people of color who were of the means to own slaves). Of course I'm not even talking about 'modern slavery' which isn't just a bourgeois term for oppression, or forced obeisance to authority, but actual indentured servitude that goes by a thousand PC names, but is never actually called what it is: the tyranny of enforcing one's belief system onto another.
Anyway, if anyone is lacking in sufficient sources for reeducation, come to Ashland, where the opportunities are ample to feel guilt and shame for just being, well, human!
Unpacking Racism gathering draws big crowd

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews