JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very nice job sir. I like that. Kind of similar to the benches at my club. ours are getting worn out. There was some talk about replacing them with something a little more permanent though:
View attachment 519139
They have some concrete and steel tables as well as wooden at the club I belong to. Very stable. Not very portable without a forklift :eek:. I'd like to make one suitable for a trip east to my dad's so I can just set it out in a shooting spot and weight it and he can go to town on some targets.

They have some concrete and steel tables as well as wooden at the club I belong to. Very stable. Not very portable without a forklift :eek:. I'd like to make one suitable for a trip east to my dad's so I can just set it out in a shooting spot and weight it and he can go to town on some targets.
The one ersIII posted looks like it would work perfectly for that.

You are quite the craftsman. I'm thinking you are a steel worker (maybe welder/fabricator), but also like carpentry. You have skills man. Thanks for sharing..

Thank you. Appreciate the compliment. Not really any of those things but dabble in all of them. :)

I am a farmer so I tend to be more of welder/fabricator/pipe fitter but have been enjoying carpentry more in the last few years. Mostly just for me and my shooting hobby though.

I copied this one. it's very stable and portable!
portable shooting bench plans
IMG_20180423_163425745_HDR - Copy.jpg

Try "infamous". I'm thinking that's more believableo_O.
Better infamous than ignominous.

Brother I make even the normal large person look dainty. When I stand next to stomper he looks like an elf.:D
Funny, the direction this thread went. When i read the title, i was hoping there would be some good ideas on portable shooting benches.:confused:
@Stomper and @SKrueger's banter is about portable benches. When @SKrueger sits down, he can rest his gun on @Stomper's shoulder. :D

I always like sharing pics with you guys. When I read the thread title, I was thinking I'd get to see some good pics of what you guys use and maybe share what I have. What I use works great. I've shot some of my best groups off of it. It's actually an old table that used to have a drawer in it. It's made of real light steel and has some kind of formica top. I think my grandfather got it at some military auction. I hope anyway. My grandfather used to run a weld shop on a military base in Nevada. There's a date stamped on the underside of the table top that says "1962", so it's older than I am. I've had to reinforce it with angle iron and pipe, but it's pretty solid now. I countersunk spots in the top for my pointed adjustment legs of my front rest to set in. I don't think I have any pictures of just the table by itself. It always has something on it. Very similar to when my grandpa had it. Except now it isn't loaded with 200 pounds of tools and car parts. Not saying I haven't had a transmission on it a time or 2 though. My grandfather passed away in '93, so I've had this table for about 25 years now. Sometimes I think I'd like to have a newer shooting table/bench, but it just wouldn't be the same:
View attachment 519133
View attachment 519128
View attachment 519129
View attachment 519130
View attachment 519131
View attachment 519132

This table has put up with a lot from me over the last 25 years. Figured this would be a great thread to share that with you guys.. I'm also sure this type of table can still be found in some antique store or military surplus store. Who knows?? View attachment 519134

I remember an OD green version of that table (with the drawer still in it) in the arms room of (one of) my Army unit(s) at Ft. Meade, MD.... (has since been relocated to Ft. Stewart, GA)

Funny how something so random can trigger synaptic inane memories... yet I have to think real hard about what I did just three days ago while writing job reports, unless I wrote it down at the time.

:confused:

Sorry for the large photos, I'm a big guy and supports me and the gun well..you can see where the saw drifted a bit, I'm no carpenter.
But it's pretty sturdy, and I can just put it in the bed of the truck 1543544058244632382538.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top