JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stomper's folding work bench.:eek:
This is what I use when I want to set up a scope. I can take it and a folding chair just about any where. The "Split" rest is from the NRA Store. It's for AR's when you have to use an extended magazine. The wooden "doughnuts" are glued on to keep the rest from sliding around.:D

Shooting Bench.jpg

This is what I use when I want to set up a scope. I can take it and a folding chair just about any where. The "Split" rest is from the NRA Store. It's for AR's when you have to use an extended magazine. The wooden "doughnuts" are glued on to keep the rest from sliding around.:D

View attachment 518194
Nice. I suppose if you wanted to make it extra sturdy you could weight the bottom. Might make a nice platform for working up loads. I have an extra one in the shop I might have to do something with that.

View attachment 518194

I keep telling my wife that I'm quite famous (on the interwebs)... she never believes me and always goes.... :rolleyes:

:D

Funny, the direction this thread went. When i read the title, i was hoping there would be some good ideas on portable shooting benches.:confused:
I tried...see post #3. I even tried to relate it to reloading so it wouldn't get moved...:s0126: :s0058: fail...

I was thinking about setting one up with trays for workups and spent brass and maybe a pocket for a data sheet. It's an interesting idea to maybe figure out a way to attach everything I need in one package.

Funny, the direction this thread went. When i read the title, i was hoping there would be some good ideas on portable shooting benches.:confused:
I agree!
I have a shooting seat similar to the one below. It breaks down and goes in a bag. Because it swivels and it's long and spindly, it wiggles around and is hard to really shoot nice groups from.
shooting seat.jpg
I built a bench that somewhat resembles a tall picnic table without the seats. For now I use the seat from the rest I have and use my backpack for a bag. But it's not "portable".

I agree!
I have a shooting seat similar to the one below. It breaks down and goes in a bag. Because it swivels and it's long and spindly, it wiggles around and is hard to really shoot nice groups from.
View attachment 519095
I built a bench that somewhat resembles a tall picnic table without the seats. For now I use the seat from the rest I have and use my backpack for a bag. But it's not "portable".
I'm hoping someone posts some more ideas and pics. I can see where that lash up you posted might be wiggly. Wondering how much equipment I could attach to the folding sawhorse before it becomes ungainly and some one with experience would be nice to draw upon.

I tried...see post #3. I even tried to relate it to reloading so it wouldn't get moved...:s0126: :s0058: fail...

I was thinking about setting one up with trays for workups and spent brass and maybe a pocket for a data sheet. It's an interesting idea to maybe figure out a way to attach everything I need in one package.
I'm sorry that got moved. Sounds like a good idea, if you could make it all work.

I agree!
View attachment 519095

Now that is cool. I am envisioning a hitch mount on that one though. Maybe it's the welder/fabricator in me :D

I have the Caldwell Stable Table. It is a little expensive but I think it is worth it. Obviously it is not something you would carry with you hunting but if you are looking for something to set up when you get to your shooting spot, it breaks down pretty easy and would fit in the trunk of most cars.

I'm hoping someone posts some more ideas and pics. I can see where that lash up you posted might be wiggly. Wondering how much equipment I could attach to the folding sawhorse before it becomes ungainly and some one with experience would be nice to draw upon.

I always like sharing pics with you guys. When I read the thread title, I was thinking I'd get to see some good pics of what you guys use and maybe share what I have. What I use works great. I've shot some of my best groups off of it. It's actually an old table that used to have a drawer in it. It's made of real light steel and has some kind of formica top. I think my grandfather got it at some military auction. I hope anyway. My grandfather used to run a weld shop on a military base in Nevada. There's a date stamped on the underside of the table top that says "1962", so it's older than I am. I've had to reinforce it with angle iron and pipe, but it's pretty solid now. I countersunk spots in the top for my pointed adjustment legs of my front rest to set in. I don't think I have any pictures of just the table by itself. It always has something on it. Very similar to when my grandpa had it. Except now it isn't loaded with 200 pounds of tools and car parts. Not saying I haven't had a transmission on it a time or 2 though. My grandfather passed away in '93, so I've had this table for about 25 years now. Sometimes I think I'd like to have a newer shooting table/bench, but it just wouldn't be the same:

Vr0DVy8.jpg
ZVyLiAb.jpg
MsaENsd.jpg
u0Jy0SG.jpg
Po9cfb6.jpg

This table has put up with a lot from me over the last 25 years. Figured this would be a great thread to share that with you guys.. I'm also sure this type of table can still be found in some antique store or military surplus store. Who knows?? r5FOQkS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a more permanent shooting bench, I have built a few of these. Very easy to build with just 2x6s and incredibly stable. I realize that these are far from portable but thought I would share anyway.
:)

IMG_2349.jpeg IMG_2345.jpeg IMG_2340.jpeg

As a more permanent shooting bench, I have built a few of these. Very easy to build with just 2x6s and incredibly stable. I realize that these are far from portable but thought I would share anyway.
:)

View attachment 519136 View attachment 519137 View attachment 519138

Very nice job sir. I like that. Kind of similar to the benches at my club. ours are getting worn out. There was some talk about replacing them with something a little more permanent though:
gAD3C7x.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top