JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
when I've looked at the Harbor Freight model it seemed with a lot of use it may get a bit wobbly. If it were me I would secure a piece of ply-wood across the top and see about bracing the legs too. A solid core door sounds really good if you have the tools, place and ability to trim it down to fit and put legs on it.
Most any bench can/would be wobbly if not attached to the wall.
I attached my HF work bench to the wall studs behind it with 2 simple angle brackets, one at either end.
DSC02012.JPG
Those brackets made the bench rock solid.
An added bonus of the HF bench is it looks like a piece furniture rather than something industrial/utility, a better look if it's going into your living space.
:D

Last Edited:
OP, if you are still considering that Lee stand in your original post, Harbor Freight sells something similar for about 1/3 the cost.
Universal Bench Grinder Stand
I own a couple but the only pic I have is of my drill press on one.
It has a simple wooden riser to get the drill press up to stand-up height.
That riser will work for a press too, cost nothing/made from scraps scrounged from house job sight scrap piles in my neighborhood.
IMG_1133.JPG
I know you said you don't have a saw but consider borrowing one or buying a hand saw to build a simple riser as a simple box built out of 2x6 or 2x8.
This saw works well for me:
Stanley 15 in. Sharp-Tooth Hand Saw-20-526 - The Home Depot
even cheaper
Stanley 15 in. SharpTooth Hand Saw with Plastic Handle-15-579 - The Home Depot
Edit: there's a square built into the handle of both those saws...so you won't need a square for your layout lines ;)

Last Edited:
OP, if you are still considering that Lee stand in your original post, Harbor Freight sells something similar for about 1/3 the cost.
Universal Bench Grinder Stand
I own a couple but the only pic I have is of my drill press on one.
It has a simple wooden riser to get the drill press up to stand-up height.
That riser will work for a press too, cost nothing/made from scraps scrounged from house job sight scrap piles in my neighborhood.
View attachment 518300
I know you said you don't have a saw but consider borrowing one or buying a hand saw to build a simple riser as a simple box built out of 2x6 or 2x8.
This saw works well for me:
Stanley 15 in. Sharp-Tooth Hand Saw-20-526 - The Home Depot
even cheaper
Stanley 15 in. SharpTooth Hand Saw with Plastic Handle-15-579 - The Home Depot
Edit: there's a square built into the handle of both those saws...so you won't need a square for your layout lines ;)

That's a good suggestion, nice and small too. From the reviews it looks like quite a few people use it for a press.

Black and Decker Workmate folding work stand.
-open it's top platform as far as it will go.
-measure for a top the same size or slightly larger than the open platform
-measure for a bottom that will fit under the open platform
-have Home Depot cut these 2 pieces from 5/8" 0r 3/4" plywood, or Lowes for a 10% veterans discount if your registered with them.
-clamp the new top and bottom pieces to the open platform
-drill 4 evenly spaced holes thru the sandwiched pieces
-bolt together with 1/4" bolts I use t-nuts on the bottom piece
-map out locations for presses and drill mounting holes as needed using t-nuts in bottom piece when possible, saves time in the future.

Easy to store, assemble and disassemble, can be folded even with a press bolted on.

At one time I was using this setup for a fully equipped Dillon 650 with no problems, it's surprisingly rigid.

Forgot to mention. I've been using this setup for over 20 years.
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Last Edited:
The Cam4ron pronounced, the Cameron.

Mobile reloading bench. It's what I got a while ago, put some weight in it. Take it to any flat surface and let the factory begin, then put it back somewhere unobtrusive later.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top