JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$100 for that ay?! I might need to check one out!

when I've looked at the Harbor Freight model it seemed with a lot of use it may get a bit wobbly. If it were me I would secure a piece of ply-wood across the top and see about bracing the legs too. A solid core door sounds really good if you have the tools, place and ability to trim it down to fit and put legs on it. Or...

https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-D2910-Workbench-System/dp/B0000DD362 If that is something within you price range.

I do my reloading in the small bedroom of the house. 10' X 11'. I found an old 2-person school desk with a 1 1/2" plywood top at a liquidators in PDX. If you ever get in here it's called "City Liquidators". They have huge 100 YO 4 story building FILLED with stuff, newish and old. I paid $14.00 for it.
78893-a7e9acae4e98d0eeba9ef570a084b77e.jpg

IKEA has those arm lamps for $10.00 compared to Freddy's for twice that.

when I've looked at the Harbor Freight model it seemed with a lot of use it may get a bit wobbly. If it were me I would secure a piece of ply-wood across the top and see about bracing the legs too. A solid core door sounds really good if you have the tools, place and ability to trim it down to fit and put legs on it. Or...

https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-D2910-Workbench-System/dp/B0000DD362 If that is something within you price range.

I do my reloading in the small bedroom of the house. 10' X 11'. I found an old 2-person school desk with a 1 1/2" plywood top at a liquidators in PDX. If you ever get in here it's called "City Liquidators". They have huge 100 YO 4 story building FILLED with stuff, newish and old. I paid $14.00 for it.
View attachment 518112

IKEA has those arm lamps for $10.00 compared to Freddy's for twice that.

If anyone needs a solid door I have about ten so just let me know. I also have the ability to rip it to any size needed in the door shop. ;)

Hey all,
I have wanted to begin reloading but don't have a workbench to mount a press. Also don't have the tools to cut wood to make something myself so looking for ideas. I scrolled through the reloading bench picture thread for ideas and saw a few folks re-purposing computer hutches and the like but are those really stable enough?

I don't have a lot of space so looking for something relatively small but sturdy. (and not crazy spendy) An online search came up with a few options. Including this reloading stand https://www.amazon.com/LEE-PRECISIO...00162RW66/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 . No idea if this is just junk or not.

Just looking for any ideas or something I might not have considered. Thanks
I've also got a steel welding bench you can have for $75.

It's all steel, and has a shelf area built into it underneath. It's what I used for over 20 years and its sturdy as hell.

It sits low, so you'll have to be sitting when using it (I always sat on a mechanic type stool and it was the perfect height).

I no longer use it since I built another reloading space.

You'll need two people to load and unload it though!

If anyone needs a solid door I have about ten so just let me know. I also have the ability to rip it to any size needed in the door shop. ;)

Ooooo, if I were in the market.....

Just in case I get out of the hell hole, where abouts are you Krueger? My bench is just perfect for me, but in the future it might be a fun project to make a new one just slightly bigger.

Ooooo, if I were in the market.....

Just in case I get out of the hell hole, where abouts are you Krueger? My bench is just perfect for me, but in the future it might be a fun project to make a new one just slightly bigger.

Right across the the I-5 bridge in Vancouver is where the door shop is. By the VA hospital and Clark college. I can almost throw a rock and hit the bridge.

Those are what I use and they're great.:)
Almost anything proof and if they get too bad...:eek: Turn 'em over.:p
At 5.5ft. I did have to rip about 10" off of one side so I could reach across it.:rolleyes:

Right across the the I-5 bridge in Vancouver is where the door shop is. By the VA hospital and Clark college. I can almost throw a rock and hit the bridge.

I remember now. I knew you were a door guy from an offer to someone here for an install. Didn't remember the local though.

It's worth it to watch him, he rips those solid core doors with his BARE HANDS!! :eek:

I remember now. I knew you were a door guy from an offer to someone here for an install. Didn't remember the local though.

@SKrueger is more of a "door knob" guy.... :D

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads