JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe they went out of business. They never occupied the other space. Looks like they did a bunch of work. Last I saw it was for lease.

I have got to believe the economy played heavily into it.

Other than the Discount Gun stores I think the next closest place n Beaverton is Willamette in Hillsboro.

There's also a pawn shop over there behind Ludeman's that usually has a few overpriced chewed up heaters. I figured they must be expecting me to negotiate, but either I don't know how to do it or they're waiting for suckers because they were very insulted.

Dual Smoking Guns did occupy the 2nd location, but only briefly. I knew things weren't looking good when I overheard a conversation there that Brownell's suspended shipments to them, apparently over some kind of payment dispute over a supposedly lost shipment.

Too bad as they seemed like OK guys.

They were good before they moved. They lost one of their workers, the one who kept the place a quality small gunshop, and it went downhill from there. I did go through my Utah CHL class at the new location. Wasn't too impressed with the place after they moved.

too bad,i liked the guys there.
there is the security store in hillsburrito but they cant sell new guns right now since they lost there ffl,someone said employees were helping themselves to the guns but i dont know about that for sure,i do know they are looking to sell the store and i hope someone buys it and runs it right because that is a cool store and i like that they sell security equipment as well as guns.
they were a little overpriced but always had a good selection of ar's and if you want it today then it's worth a little more money.
they still have some cool accessories though.

DSG was my go-to shop for almost as long as they were in business. Talking with some of the employees, mismanagement caused them to fold. DSG was owned (according to the employees) by the same folks who own Calico Light Weapons, and more attention went into the gun making business than the gun selling business.

The guy who used to run the counter - Mark - was always great to deal with. I got some great deals there, and I liked how they would order parts from Brownells for you and not charge shipping since they'd just have it as part of their weekly order. Good little bit of customer service.

Discount Guns over at 185 and Baseline. has a good salesman - their prices are a tad higher for some guns than you'd find in other shops, but not by much. Probably burn more in gas driving across town and back than the cost difference on some of those guns.

Beavercreek Armory in Hillsboro is good for AR stuff, but their handgun selection always is on the thin side.

Then of course there's Al's in Verboort.

Gun Broker in Tigard and Clackamas *used* to be my favorite - but they've got a few new faces who don't seem to care as much about long time customers as the more senior employees. Customer service, in my experience, is slipping there. I'm done doing business with them.

Fisherman's Marine has a decent gun counter - and according to the folks at the Tigard store, they expect to begin dealing in used firearms (meaning they'll take trades and sell used guns) sometime soon. I was sad to see DSG go under, but thankfully we've still got good options fairly close by.

i agree mkwerx...gun broker in tigard has gone to the dogs,i bought my last gun from them.they ripped me off for the last time and they dont carry any ar accessories to speak of.

Gun Broker in Tigard and Clackamas *used* to be my favorite - but they've got a few new faces who don't seem to care as much about long time customers as the more senior employees. Customer service, in my experience, is slipping there. I'm done doing business with them.

I will only deal with Steve at the Tigard store. The others may be perfectly fine, but I don't like working with anybody else.

Of course, I do sorta fear change...

:)

You didn't ask but I thought I'd put in a plug for Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro. I've dealt with them a couple of times and found them to be helpful, friendly and honest. Their prices are very fair too. They're located behind the Kaady car wash just West of 25th and Cornell in Hillsboro.

I will only deal with Steve at the Tigard store. The others may be perfectly fine, but I don't like working with anybody else.

Of course, I do sorta fear change...

:)

Steve was my favorite salesman there. Sadly - the last four or five times I've been in there, he's been stacked up with customers - and I've had to deal with the other guys there, who seem more interested in yammering with their cronies, or just not seeming to give a damn about customer service. They might be fine with other customers, but I've never had what I could call a good or pleasurable experience dealing with the others. At this point - I'd probably drive out to Keith's rather than deal with them again. I will have to check out Willamette Valley Arms though - I didn't know there was another gun shop here in Hillsboro.

they don't have the brightest people working at the Tigard Gun Broker... I was willing to put up with their 8-10% higher prices, but the last time I was there the guy I was dealing with started twirling the pistol I was interested in on his finger western style, I ended up walking out remembering just a few months previous they had a unintentional discharge.

Blows my mind people that dumb are allowed to handle firearms.

You didn't ask but I thought I'd put in a plug for Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro. I've dealt with them a couple of times and found them to be helpful, friendly and honest. Their prices are very fair too. They're located behind the Kaady car wash just West of 25th and Cornell in Hillsboro.

i bought my ar10 through them(they ordered it special order)and price was fair,good guys,and it was pretty quick getting my rifle
i like willamette valley firearms.

I was shocked at how peopel were being treated in the Tigard store. Went over to the Clackamas store and there were 3 people in there complaining about their service in Tigard. Was not thrilled with Keith's - I relly tried to figure out how to buy from him - But I was looking for a place I could walk in and feel like I was a valued customer

I later found Willamette in Hillsboro - actualy showed up before they were even ready to open the doors.

Bought a couple of guns there - and received a bunch of education

I went to Willamette and found a lot of overpriced stuff. Found little bear gunships and don't have any issues. Keiths service is horrible

How many gun shops are there in Hillsboro now? And why havent' I heard about some of these places? Does Little Bear have a store front, or is it a boutique FFL that is mostly mail order?

He is a offline dealer his storefront is his private residence. He has firearms in stock and can mail order and will do transfers. Veteran and le discounts too. He will also price match. WWW. Littlebeargunshop.com I have never had a problem with his firearm and ammo prices

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top