JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I disagree that advocating for the most extreme version of anything is the best way of achieving lasting popular support for it.
You seem like someone who doesn't understand the difference between a right and a privilege. You also seem like someone who would give up some essential liberty to achieve a semblance of peace.

God help us.

You seem like someone who doesn't understand the difference between a right and a privilege. You also seem like someone who would give up some essential liberty to achieve a semblance of peace.

God help us.
You seem like someone that doesn't understand that insisting you're right isn't an effective way of winning a public debate.

Anti gunners think what they are told to think, programed or indoctrinated to believe. In my opinion they are not really thinkers at all and while they may be good people in good times they can be very dangerous given the right political emergency.

Covid is a perfect example of people not thinking, they were told what to do and did it.

Because one is anti gunner simply does does not turn off thier thought process. They simply see things differently than we do. They know what they want and have made choices to make it that way. Once a person believes something to be true it is very unlikely you can change thier minds, religion comes to mind. There is nothing that says they have to believe as we do.

Something to consider when reading , listening or watching sources...

Do they really believe what they are saying / showing or what have you to be true...?
Or are they pushing an agenda /idea for someone else...or just saying sh!t for views and ratings...?

In any event...
As noted by many , it is difficult at best , to "change someone's mind".
Presenting a different view requires tact , patience , understanding and respect.

Which can be difficult as well , when often the rebuttals are snide , condescending and arrogant....at their worst...
And ignorant at their best.

It would behoove one to state their views with as little bombastic language as possible.
Since many times , even a positive or correct message can easily be killed by the messenger and his delivery of the same.
Andy

Because one is anti gunner simply does does not turn off thier thought process. They simply see things differently than we do. They know what they want and have made choices to make it that way. Once a person believes something to be true it is very unlikely you can change thier minds, religion comes to mind. There is nothing that says they have to believe as we do.
Good points. Religion or anti gunners were not born believing but were taught, somebody had to teach them the dogma they want to believe in. About the only thinking they do is look for confirmation of what they have been told to believe. Once the kool-aid has been drunk there isn't much you can do.

I have found that there are a few individuals, in the Anti-Arms category, who could be described as.....

People who don't trust others,
who don't trust themselves,
and who have more faith in the government... than respect for the fellow citizenry.

Petitioning the government to regulate a tool that they do not trust themselves to possess...and in doing so...they remove the tool from their fellow citizen without consideration for that citizen's self preservation.

I disagree with your premise entirely as I've insisted nothing. And the topic is about being civil, which I have been, even in disagreement.
I'm not talking about you personally, but the "strategy" of repeating "shall not infringe" is ineffective. SCOTUS does not agree that it is a limitless right, and that is the highest power on our side.

Good afternoon all,

Just thought I would chime in and share what I have learned throughout my short 43 years of life on this earth. First, may father had a loaded handgun on the nightstand since I could remember. We never played with it because we knew the consequences. We did however, get an education once every few months on the various firearms my father owned and when we became of age, went to the Gun Club to learn their actual power and purpose.

At 14, my best friend and me were harassed by the sheriff for carrying our unloaded BB guns down the pipeline from my house to his. Even then, I knew the law and explained it to him very calmly and he let us on our way. Apparently, someone called them detailing strange and shady looking individuals open carrying rifles.

Throughout the years and various training I had become quite proficient in firearms and decided to educate others on safe handling, shooting positions, scenarios, cleaning and storage. It boggles my mind on how some really didn't know firearms have a dangerous end or keep your booger finger off of the kill switch until you're ready to engage. After one range lesson, I benched most of them from live fire for another classroom lesson until they were deemed fit. Boy, that made some mad.

Being and active participant in firearms for the past 30 years my basis for all this panic is lack of education and fear mongering politicians looking for votes. The 2A was absolutely placed second for a reason. To protect, guarantee and insure that we can excise our 1A rights. We left GB for a reason. FREEDOM. It wasn't just put in place to guarantee our rights to bear arms but rather guarantee that the government who work for us, do not become tyrannical such as a certain parliament.

Most don't realize the Japanese during WWII did not invade the main land due to most Americans being armed and willing to fight for their country. This is what we have lost. That spirit and tradition holding from a proud heritage of hard working Americans who built an entire country that they were proud of with their own two hands, blood sweat and broken backs. We are what we killed, grew and bartered with others to obtain. We respected on another and lent a helping hand to our neighbors.

Don't get me wrong, there was and still is ignorant people out there that hate/hated others due to racial, religious or sexual preferences. Difference from then to now is that stuff wasn't crammed down our throats and reparations being demanded. This alone has flipped some switches of some and caused a great deal of animosity. I do agree, just as I am a straight, Lutheran, middle aged, upper middle class Caucasian male; I don't want to see or hear about that lifestyle all the time. Just as they don't want to hear about mine.

Poverty, IE money & opportunity is a big cause of firearm related deaths. Meaning, drug dealers, robberies, someone on another's turf that doesn't belong etc. Mental health mostly lead from bullying (which goes un-punished to this very day and is even more prevalent than 30 years ago) is another leading cause. Education- lack there of or mishandling rounds out the top 3. Of course there's accidentals, law enforcement etc that aren't accounted for unless the media finds it valuable.

Which leads me to the main point of the OP. Anti-2A are uneducated individuals to whom have neither been around firearms or have lost someone to a firearm related death. They cannot blame the individual for the death because they feel that the gun is responsible. The media stokes the fire by calling the mass incidents fueling even more fear. It is solely the words and how they appear that makes them terrified of them. Heck, they were taught this in school all the way through college!

They are so ingrained in their ways taught to them that you could let argue reason such as ten penny's are the same amount as a dime. The dime is shinier and therefore they want that. So in a way, yes it is a mental illness. Best thing that could happen is for all media stations including social media shut down. This would allow others to naturally socialize, loose the sense of self entitlement, engage in other traditions linked with their heritage, share a meal and understand one another better.

In my beliefs, open carrying a rifle unless you're engaged in a sporting event or hunting is unnecessary. The Corps taught me that the element of surprise will not only allow you the drop on your adversary but allow you and your unit to continue its mission. You take all the fuel that these people in fear have then they cannot continue their mission. It was asked what do we do as responsible firearms owners to keep our rights?

1) Join the NRA. They have attorneys working for us which costs money 2) educate others such as offer to take people unfamiliar to the range- not the woods and actual range. 3) Do not talk it up if you don't know. Just because you have a Barbie gun doesn't make you an expert. 4) Go to the range yourself, take classes, become a member and support them if money and the club will allow. 5) For Christ sakes stop going up to the woods with all your buddies, drinking a case of beer, bump firing 10 "clips" then leaving your f-ing trash!!!!! Guns and alcohol don't mix like sprite and whiskey. We look like a bunch of ignoramous and pigs!!! Clean up the f-ing woods even if it isn't yours!!! 6) Share the outdoors and be respectful of those anti 2A that like to take pictures of the chipmunks you want to smoke. Be considerate, if they want to pass let them and utilize that time to clean up the f-ing woods! 7) Don't act like your firearm makes you invincible! If you get a big head by strapping that thing to your belt leave it at home. You will certainly become a casualty in a bad scenario or killed with your own firearm. Take some classes- some offer stress/ live fire training which will deflate (hopefully) your ego. 8) lock your firearms up in a dang safe!!!!! Can't afford that? Get a cable lock, hide them well and the handgun you use for home defense put in a safe! Criminals use stolen weapons mostly to commit crimes!!! Don't leave it unlocked in your rig either!!!

In summation these past few years I have been forced to carry in certain parts of town. I always have a blade with me and before used to just be my fists if I couldn't walk away. Both sides are to blame. You have the fear being spread to create the fear and the fear being fueled by the emboldened to scare them further. Thank you all for your time and I apologize for the long winded message. I hope this finds all well and maybe educates some. If you have something further to add, please pm me and we can discuss. I do not intend to offend some people or fan any flames. I am just merely pointing out the facts from my experiences throughout the years.

I came up with this quote as well- Guns aren't "weapons of war". Words are. Guns are merely meant to defend your right to use those words.

This anti-gun boogyman crap gets old. I'm not a 2A victim and neither are you. I don't come on here much anymore because of this kind of junior high nonsense. You and I will never completely get our way on anything, ever. That's life. But we have a friendly supreme court, we are winning most of the cases about background checks, permits, carrying, mags, etc. Yet we still have to put up with this "2A victim" whining.

I happen to respect John Stewart because he speaks truth to power on all sides, and seems genuinely concerned for the average guy. He was the most visible supporter of the 911 first responders when their medical needs were being swept under the rug by Gulliani. He's a New Yorker, doesn't like or have guns (as far as I know), who cares? Who gives a ---- what he likes? He's one funny sob and walks his walk.

Before you start with the anti crap with me, I've been shooting and hunting for over 60 years, including cc for decades. There are 2 Bronze Stars in my family (one a sniper), most of the men and a few of the women served (how many of you whiners did?) My nephew owns a gun shop and builds custom AR's, another nephew teaches advanced firearm training to LE and first responders. He's two seconds from GO to first shot on target. How about you? I had an uncle who was forced to kill a man who earlier in the day had threatened my uncle and his family over a f-------- 8 track tape. This db came back onto his property at dusk, my uncle (Korea-era marine) was ready for him and he sent the guy home in a body bag after a short gun fight.

Rant over but geez this whining crap gets old.

There are 2 Bronze Stars in my family (one a sniper), most of the men and a few of the women served (how many of you whiners did?) My nephew owns a gun shop and builds custom AR's, another nephew teaches advanced firearm training to LE and first responders. He's two seconds from GO to first shot on target. How about you? I had an uncle who was forced to kill a man who earlier in the day had threatened my uncle and his family over a f-------- 8 track tape. This db came back onto his property at dusk, my uncle (Korea-era marine) was ready for him and he sent the guy home in a body bag after a short gun fight.
I'm not sure where you're coming from here. Are you speaking for all of them?

I was trained in tactics. As an observation of the Anti-gun zealots, many are located on the West coast. Not all (NYC, Chicago, ect...), but many.
The problem is the West Coast is vulnerable to invasion by sea.
Disarming, which seems to be the ultimate goal by chipping away at our 2A rights, is dangerous, as we American citizens are the last line of defense.
In WWII, a quote attributed to Japanese Admiral Yamamoto was that he feared the U.S. because there's "a gun behind every blade of grass."
For example: France was freed not only by allied forces in WWII, but by resistance forces within their country with personal firearms. This is just an observation and something to think about. No one knows what may happen in the future.

Last Edited:
I was trained in tactics. As observation of the Anti-gun zealots, many are located on the West coast. Not all (NYC, Chicago, ect...), but, many.
The problem is the West Coast is venerable to invasion by sea.
Disarming, which seems to be the ultimate goal by chipping away at our 2A rights. This is dangerous, as we American citizens are the last line of defense.
In WWII Japanese Admiral Yamamoto feared invading the U.S. because there's "a gun behind every blade of grass."
For example: France was freed not only by allied forces in WWII, but by resistance forces within their country with personal firearms. This is just an observation and something to think about. No one knows what may happen in the future.
Hawaii. One of the most anti-2A States in the US.... and also the furthest West of the US.

Then you have Alaska which is one of the most pro2A States I know of... but it's also right next to a country that doesn't have 2A at all

Hawaii. One of the most anti-2A States in the US.... and also the furthest West of the US.

Then you have Alaska which is one of the most pro2A States I know of... but it's also right next to a country that doesn't have 2A at all
I agree, I suspect one of the reasons Alaska is pro 2A, is because of the invasion of the Aleutian Islands during WWII. Alaska is also very rural with only you and your rifle and/or handgun between life and death.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top