JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RE : Post#96
Thank You for the statute (ORS 811.315) and for the attached ruling.

I could just imagine. Say if.......the defendant was of a certain racial minority. Rrrrrright.....32 mph in a 35 mph zone.....Really? Or was it because of the defendant's skin tone?

IMHO, the cop pulled him over for what some people in Hawaii might characterize as......

"Some Really Manini $@#^."

Then.......YES, also about the ruling on the "Impeding Traffic." ORS 811.130

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
LOL........more thoughts about the REAL LIFE situations we face.

So then.....
Today, at about 1000 hrs. I was in the left lane following behind of a group of about 4-5 cars. Call it, keeping "pace" behind the others. Traffic was "moderate" and "visability was so, so" (probably a bit of smog or something). We were all on the I-205 in Oregon headed north (yes, this part of the freeway was actually 4 lanes headed north).

We passed a Speed Limit sign.......which declared the limit as 55 MPH.

LOL......I was doing 70 MPH (as were we all).

So then......
Were we (was I) speeding? Or were we (was I) just going with "the flow of traffic?"

As I was thinking about this thread......
Another vehicle suddenly came up from behind. It was a black Mustang. The vehicle/driver was probably doing about 80 MPH. As the Mustang got close, it suddenly cut right.....passing the group of us. The Mustang traveled for about a second or 2 before cutting right again to avoid the car in front......then cut left, and then left again.

OMG!

So then........were we actually........"camping in the left lane?" Or, were we "obstructing traffic?"

WAIT, Wait, wait.........what about that 55 MPH speed limit? Is a "speed limit" now only a suggestion?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
LOL........more thoughts about the REAL LIFE situations we face.

So then.....
Today, at about 1000 hrs. I was in the left lane following behind of a group of about 4-5 cars. Call it, keeping "pace" behind the others. Traffic was "moderate" and "visability was so, so" (probably a bit of smog or something). We were all on the I-205 in Oregon headed north (yes, this part of the freeway was actually 4 lanes headed north).

We passed a Speed Limit sign.......which declared the limit as 55 MPH.

LOL......I was doing 70 MPH (as were we all).

So then......
Were we (was I) speeding? Or were we (was I) just going with "the flow of traffic?"

As I was thinking about this thread......
Another vehicle suddenly came up from behind. It was a black Mustang. The vehicle/driver was probably doing about 80 MPH. As the Mustang got close, it suddenly cut right.....passing the group of us. The Mustang traveled for about a second or 2 before cutting right again to avoid the car in front......then cut left, and then left again.

OMG!

So then........were we actually........"camping in the left lane?" Or, were we "obstructing traffic?"

WAIT, Wait, wait.........what about that 55 MPH speed limit? Is a "speed limit" now only a suggestion?

Aloha, Mark
I'll interject my opinion that you're not "obstructing" as long as there's a way, through lane changes, for a faster driver to get around. I personally drive "faster" than 90% of the people on the open roadways (meaning multiple lanes with little to no side street risk) and I don't mind passing people any way I can
It's when 3 lanes of cars make a "blockade" that irks me. I think that's the real reason behind the "keep right" laws... To hopefully prevent idiots from lining up across multiple lanes and maintaining the exact same speeds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top