JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Does Ted Nugent Affect on Public Perception of Gun Owners

• Total voters
Reactions
Does Ted Nugent help public perception of gun owners or does he hurt it?

I like watching his show and his gun reviews but I do not feel he is a good ambassador for gun owners on the national stage. I would prefer someone like Tom Selleck to take a more active and prominent role in representing us to the general public. What do you think?

Does Ted Nugent help public perception of gun owners or does he hurt it?

I think he hurts. The term "gun nut" is associated with him, and he is proud of it.. Personally, I think he is insane. Funny, but quite insane. I think a lot of gun owners like him but he hurts their cause more than helps it IMO.

If he just said "Ill either be dead or in jail a year from now" that would be fine with me. But with all the talk of shoving a firearm up Hillary Clinton so she can "ride this into the sunset" and stuff, he is not doing gun owners any favors. Gun's do have the capability to kill, no one will argue that, but the 2nd amendment does not give you the right to assassinate politicians with whom you disagree with.

If there was a gun owner who did make such an attempt on one of Ted Nugents politicians he disdains, it would be the equivalent of yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater and then acting like its not his fault at all even though a ton of people got trampled to death, since there is an amendment that supposedly protects him doing this. If they can rule yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater as not a constitutional right, I think talking of killing politicians with your firearms is also not protected by the 2nd amendment.

I commented in a different thread, that a few weeks ago I fired an Uzi with a 32 round magazine, at this point in Clinton's presidency I'm not sure I would of been capable of such a thing, but so far Obama hasn't made restriction of gun rights a central theme to his administration, hence why I think the run on ammunition and guns to be a lot of hocus pocus by overly fearful gun enthusiasts.

Also I don't like how the NRA is always so quick to defend guns even in situations where more guns clearly wouldn't have solved a situation. Take for example when a 6 year old kid brings a gun to school and kills a classmate. How exactly is say, arming the teacher, going to prevent such a thing from happening? Charlton Heston made it a point to do such a speech on proliferation of firearms in a town where such a thing happened, and I think he did more damage to his cause than helped it.

He definitely hurts us with comments like he made at the NRA show. That said, shooting and gun ownership is on the rise across the country and is even getting mainstream acceptance on networks such as Discovery (American Guns, Sons of Guns), History Channel (Top Shot) ,etc.

The radical voices on both ends of the spectrum are being overshadowed by a ground swell of common sense when it comes to the opinion of the average American.

Wait uncle Ted has a gun show and gun reviews?!? I'll have to find those on YouTube. I don't think he's hurting or helping to be honest. Everyone knows and have known his views on guns for past...almost 40 years now. The transformation of Discovery/National Geographic channels to be the male equivalent of lifetime is helping gun ownership though. It's high time we all become hip to redneck culture

I think the general public doesn't even know who Ted Nugent is anymore- dude hasn't had a new hit in 30 years...Now he's just some whack job that says crazy/offensive crap to get people all riled up. I personally don't care what any entertainer or athlete thinks about anything- I know they don't care what I think

I voted no difference overall because up to his latest stupid comments he'd promoted conservation, responsible hunting and gun ownership. Sure wish the rachet-jaw had thought before his latest bout of verbal diarrhea tho.

The problem as I see it with Ted is that he doesn't take into account the attention paid to what he says. He doesn't say anything any crazier then a LOT of people on this forum. The big difference is there is someone with a microphone to put what he says on the national news and people who aren't of the same ilk hear it. This is not so good.

Full disclosure Ted has a Hunting Knife I made for him given to him by KGON radio and I have a thank you note from him saying we are Blood Brothers in the Hunt. Never met him in person though.

Last Edited:
Guitars, Guns, hunt to kill, kill to hunt, eat what you kill. Dude Rocks !

Question is, do you promote a positive image to the general public or not? does any one really listen to you? What are you doing to protect your gun rights? preaching to the choir are you really gonna make a difference? This is the USA right? freedom of speech, he speaks his mind. I don't give a crap if he ruffles some anti gunners chicken feathers. They would hate him regardless just because he owns a gun and he hunts . He is just trying to rally gun owners to stand up for their rights sure he is out their but he has your attention.

Full disclosure Ted has a Hunting Knife I made from him given to him

You must have skills. What part of Ted did you use?

LMAO... I had to read that a couple times to work out what Mark meant as my literary comprehension skills kept saying, "does not compute"!!

Just gotta rib ya, Mark! That's some cool stuff about the hunting knife! :s0155:

Guitars, Guns, hunt to kill, kill to hunt, eat what you kill. Dude Rocks !

Question is, do you promote a positive image to the general public or not? does any one really listen to you? What are you doing to protect your gun rights? preaching to the choir are you really gonna make a difference? This is the USA right? freedom of speech, he speaks his mind. I don't give a crap if he ruffles some anti gunners chicken feathers. They would hate him regardless just because he owns a gun and he hunts . He is just trying to rally gun owners to stand up for their rights sure he is out their but he has your attention.

I agree with Ted's "figurative" sentiments (at times), but I can barely stand 5 minutes of the guy as he just flippin' motor-mouths over the top of everyone else in the room, and IMHO is about a half-notch above "wanker" status. He has a hunting show called, "Spirit of the Wild" on the Outdoor Channel that airs on Tuesday evenings at 8:30pm EST (5:30pm here for those of you in Vantucky ;) ) You can also watch the aired programs on Home | Outdoor Channel | America's Leader in Outdoor TV

... and you are right, he DOES get attention!

A masculine, meat eating, big talking, passionate man scares the hell out of the new castrati on the left. Most people in the middle don't even know the guy or think he's funny.

I don't think "the general public" associates him with guns at all.

The people that like him like him, the people that hate him hate him.

The people that like him, and know about his gun views, already agree with his gun views.

The people that hate him, and know about his gun views, either already disagree with his gun views (therefore it just strengthens their beliefs, rather than changing them,) or know better than to care what he says.

I don't think "the general public" associates him with guns at all.

The people that like him like him, the people that hate him hate him.

The people that like him, and know about his gun views, already agree with his gun views.

The people that hate him, and know about his gun views, either already disagree with his gun views (therefore it just strengthens their beliefs, rather than changing them,) or know better than to care what he says.

Oh lawrdy... after reading that.. I feel so... dizzy!! LMAO!! ;)

The extreme partisan rhetoric that comes out of a lot of people's mouths in our community is very hurtful to the cause overall.

Whatever party you like or whatever other issues you may have, please keep them separate from our gun rights when speaking publicly.

Identifying gun rights as a partisan position or associating it with some extreme political view just alienates the Hell out of people in the middle (The majority) who might otherwise be persuaded to our side. That crap might work very short term to win one election. It's a dead loser in the long fight, which is expanding our rights.

Nugent is a clown. If he actually believes the nonsense he spouts, he's also an idiot.

At the same time he was intimating a thinly veiled threat against the president, he endorsed a guy with one of the crappiest records on guns in the GOP. -Go to Northeastshooters.com and ask all those guys in Mass. how they feel about Willard.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top