JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Does Ted Nugent Affect on Public Perception of Gun Owners

• Total voters
Because of this:

At the same time he was intimating a thinly veiled threat against the president, he endorsed a guy with one of the crappiest records on guns in the GOP.

I am going to go with idiot.

Nugent is a clown. If he actually believes the nonsense he spouts, he's also an idiot.

Seriously? How can he spout off like he does apparently being superior to everyone else in his knowledge and passion about the 2A and endorse a guy who will change his stance on the 2A depending on who he talking to????

If they can rule yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater as not a constitutional right, I think talking of killing politicians with your firearms is also not protected by the 2nd amendment.

Or the 1A for that matter.

He is to guns what Hunter S. Thompson was to journalism.
Maybe so but HST had an interesting way of linking his opinions about a subject with the truth and putting it to paper rather than ranting in public. HST was also vastly more intelligent and informed on the issues he was writing about than Ted is.

I think the general public doesn't even know who Ted Nugent is anymore- dude hasn't had a new hit in 30 years...Now he's just some whack job that says crazy/offensive crap to get people all riled up. I personally don't care what any entertainer or athlete thinks about anything- I know they don't care what I think

+1. Ted who? He is irrelevant 99% of the time and an idiot the other 1%. Any PR is good PR in his view.

Also, Nugent can't hold a candle to Hunter S Thompson. Now that man was a giant among men. Intellectually they aren't even on the same planet - Nugent can barely string a sentence together, whereas HST was one of the most talented and fearless modern journalists, and he loved guns to boot!

Since most people do not stop to evaluate the meaning of what people say, instead just wanting everything to be simple soundbites, it makes it easy for innocent statements to be turned into something sinister. Therefore he hurts the gun community.

Oh lawrdy... after reading that.. I feel so... dizzy!! LMAO!! ;)

Summary: Extreme opinions don't change people's minds - they only solidify the positions for or against on each side.

Al Gore states a fact? The left goes "See, I told you it was true!" The right goes "See, I told you he was a liar!"
Rush Limbaugh states a fact? The right goes "See, I told you it was true!" The left goes "See, I told you he was a liar!"

Each side will believe what they're going to believe, an extreme-view opinionated person isn't going to sway either side. Same with Nugent.

I think Ted himself is a positive ambasador. It's the media spin that most people see that turns him into a negative. If a KIA SEAL wanted him to play at his funeral, and then Ted was "uninvited" by the military because "someone high up doesn't want you there" he must be doing something right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nugent Reveals Details to Beck About the Alaskan Hunting Trip That Made Him a Target of the Feds

Over the past few weeks, rocker Ted Nugent has been making headlines. From his controversial speech at the National Rifle Association conference to his recent drama over hunting missteps with the U.S. government, Nugent has had a busy month. In a radio interview with Glenn Beck this morning, the musician delved into the details surrounding his recent guilty plea for illegally killing a black bear in Alaska — details that appear to show he's being targeted by the Feds.

During the discussion, Nugent described some of the regulations that are impeding landowners‘ and hunters' rights, while reiterating his strong views on the importance of being a law-abiding citizen. He told Beck that he was completely unaware of the Alaska law when he killed the bear back back in 2009.
"I stumbled in Alaska. There was a new law — that it‘s very important to note that I wasn't the only one who had never heard of it," Nugent explained. "We can‘t find anybody that ever heard of this new unprecedented law that if you're arrow or bullet shows signs of nicking or touching an animal, that you're big game tag is null and void — including the resident judge in the courtroom who's lived in the only zone where this law exists."

Nugent went on to explain that the State of Alaska had no interest in charging him, but that the federal government pursued the charges. Even his attorney, who has been a lifetime hunter in Alaska, had never heard of the regulatory structure. According to Nugent, he's the first person to ever be charged under this law.

The Blaze previously reported about how he will be punished for the infraction:
As part of the plea deal, Nugent must pay a $10,000 fine, not hunt or fish within Alaska or on any other U.S. Forest Service lands for one year, record a Public Service Announcement, and serve two years probation.
CNN reports that the public service announcement, "must be approved by federal prosecutors in Alaska, must be at least 30 to 60 seconds in length, and be broadcast every second week on his television show for one 12-month period.
"This PSA will discuss the importance of a hunter's responsibility in knowing the rules and regulations of the hunting activities that they engage in, which is subject to the review and final approval, prior to any broadcast, by a representative of the United States Attorney's Office in the District of Alaska," the agreement states.

These actions are curious, especially considering the ongoing political debate the celebrity has been having the the Obama administration. Last week, Nugent was questioned by the secret service over controversial comments he made about the president's re-election, causing some to wonder if these legal actions were taken by the government as retribution for Nugent's overall pro-GOP political standing.

A masculine, meat eating, big talking, passionate man scares the hell out of the new castrati on the left. Most people in the middle don't even know the guy or think he's funny.

He doesn't scare me. I'm on the left, I'm not castrated and I'm a firearm owner of 40 years. I think he and his followers are idiots. I don't believe for a minute the Secret Service didn't tell him "Ted, shut up if you don't want to learn what it's like to be Bubba's woman in Terre Haute."

I notice he hasn't had much to say since his little talk with the USSS. I wonder why that is?

He's not a very good guitar player, either.

Just stop and consider the actual, relative level 'celebrity power and influence' TN brings....and weigh it against the celebrity power against guns. It's pathetic.

It's a huge insult to every firearm lover that he is apparently the best that can be brought to the fore to gab about the issue. It speaks volumes, and those volumes are terrible.

If Oprah, for instance (yes I despise her, it's just an example) were to come out swinging in favor of the 2A, we'd all be buying suppressors at Wal Mart for 50 bucks a piece and flying in commercial airplanes armed to the hilt in a matter of months.

I think Ted himself is a positive ambasador. It's the media spin that most people see that turns him into a negative. If a KIA SEAL wanted him to play at his funeral, and then Ted was "uninvited" by the military because "someone high up doesn't want you there" he must be doing something right.

Baloney. You imply people can't think for themselves and make their own decisions. The argument that "it's the media" or "lame street media" used by some is tired and frankly condescending. Here's a novel thought: people like Ted or Palin say stupid, bombastic, opinion presented as fact, crap. The media didn't make them do it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top