JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Does Ted Nugent Affect on Public Perception of Gun Owners

• Total voters
Crappy musician and a crappy ambassador for the 2nd amendment. He's easily dismissed as redneck and a nut, sure anti-gunners can't stand him, but he's also off-putting to the middle, and even makes many unwaveringly pro-gun-rights individuals cringe.

TN is irrelevant and a has been. He needs to shut his mouth and realize what he says has implications on a sport and right he loves.
As for him being an ambassador for gun rights and hunting? Why would anyone want a person with a fried brain, incoherent speech, and dresses like he crawled out of the hills of Kentucky to represent them?

Sent from iPhone - don't be a playa hater

I'll say stupid stuff, play poopy music, and with an AR in hand if you'll send me a $100.

Sounds like it kind of galls your privates to know Ted is retaining his gig with the NRA. Sure, he said something stupid, but so have many people who are in the public eye, doesn't diminish all the good he has done for Second Amendment supporters.
You either support him or you don't. I will voice my support for the things I believe in and back it up monetarily.

Sounds like it kind of galls your privates to know Ted is retaining his gig with the NRA. Sure, he said something stupid, but so have many people who are in the public eye, doesn't diminish all the good he has done for Second Amendment supporters. You either support him or you don't. I will voice my support for the things I believe in and back it up monetarily.

If the NRA likes the idea of Ted speaking for them then the leadership has no long-term strategic vision and they certainly don't speak for me. Gall my privates? No. Dissapointing that the NRA thinks Ted is a great spokesman? Most definitely yes.

I used to be in the music industry and have met Ted on occaison. He's not a guy I would invite along on one of my hunts. I'll just leave it at that.

I respect people who walk the talk, even when it is unpopular, even when criticized. I have known him for 17 years - away from the music industry - and he has never changed his tune, not in private and definately not in public.
Like I said, you either like him or you do not and right now the people that support him out number the people who do not and this fact is indisputable.

and they certainly don't speak for me.
That's swell, but who does "speak" for you?

Like I said, you either like him or you do not and right now the people that support him out number the people who do not and this fact is indisputable.
it is indisputable that over 156 million people support Nuget? I would bet that a least 80% of the US population doesn't give a single thought about him.

Take a minute to think about how polls work. Anyone who likes a subject will search for that subject and will vote positively. The rest will vote on soundbites. It's like going to a Ford show, taking a poll and coming to the indisputable conclusion that mustangs are the most popular cars ever.

Sent from iPhone - don't be a playa hater

Iit is indisputable that over 156 million people support Nuget? I would bet that a least 80% of the US population doesn't give a single thought about him.

Take a minute to think about how polls work. Anyone who likes a subject will search for that subject and will vote positively. The rest will vote on soundbites. It's like going to a Ford show, taking a poll and coming to the indisputable conclusion that mustangs are the most popular cars ever.

Take a minute to consider how absurd your post is. I never said anything about 156 million people. I simply stated a fact; the number of people who support Ted Nugent is greater than the number of people who do not. He is still with the NRA, they are not going to sever the relationship because the number of people who support him is greater than the number of people who do not, the NRA has indicated this. If the numbers reverse the NRA will take action. Very simple.
Check back here a year from now and he will still be a spokesman for the NRA because people like him.

You stated more people support TN than don't. There is about 311 million people in the US. Therefor to have the majority agree with his POV there would need to be 156 million who are on his side.

Sent from iPhone - with a calculator.

I simply stated a fact; the number of people who support Ted Nugent is greater than the number of people who do not.

I call BS on this. Prove your "fact". Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it fact.

My opinion is that if you polled 1000 people who accurately represented a cross-section of America only half (being very generous here) would admit to knowing who he is or be able to pick the guy out of a line up. Of the remainder I would bet less than 20% would say that what Ted says is an accurate reflection of their beliefs.

I bet my opinion is a lot closer to the truth than your "facts".

This thread was originally about whether you think Ted Nugent is a good ambassador for 2A rights or not, not about pissing on each others shoes about who is right in their opinion.

Let's be civil folks.

Bring it back on track or it gets closed.

This guy does nothing to promote a positive image of the typical 2A supporting responsible gun owner. The vast majority of Americans support and understand what the importance of the bill of rights are to our way of life - many of died in support of those rights. This guy represents the extremist views, and some would say, the perverted views of those who understand the importance of these rights given to us by the founding fathers.

Earlier someone eluded to Tom Seleck as a NRA spokeman - I think that would be a very good and sensible choice. I think he can articulate the message of the 2A to everyone on both sides of the divide in a professional, non bufoonish manner, and make those on the fence look at the important realities of the 2A in a practicle way. Nugent just makes all responsible gun owners, hunters, enthusiasts, look like right wing gun nuts.

Finally, comparing Ted Nugent to Hunter Thompson is like comparing Al Sharpton to Dr. King.

For those of you who think Ted Nugent is a good representative of firearms, I sincerely hope you don't complain when the court of public opinion for those either neutral to 2A or against it see him as an irresponsible firearm owner that hurts the support of 2A. Nugent has been around long enough he understands quite fully the power of media, and has been a part of it so long that he also understands how to engage it and be supportive. He chooses to do his own thing.

So for those of you who support Nugent as "a spokesman for me," you then are happily supporting efforts against US, and are hypocrites in your concern for the public support of 2A.

Fine guitarist, skilled marksman and generally entertaining? You bet! My first choice (or 1000th choice) for swaying stubbornly myopic liberals to respect my gun rights? Maybe not so much.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top