JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Does Ted Nugent Affect on Public Perception of Gun Owners

• Total voters
I think Uncle Ted is a smart guy, very outspoken no question, but a NRA board member and he knows what he is doing.

The left gets very vocal about gun rights and Uncle Ted is just giving it back to them on their terms. he can be direct and rude, but then what anti-gun nut on the left has not acted the same. Time to start playing by their rules, it does shut them up when they are directly confronted.

I doubt if anything Ted does will change anyone's mind but he does give encouragement to second amendment supporters that have been beat down by the main stream media for many years.

It is clear that the anti-gun crowd is out to demonize him and get him on any trumped up charges that they can. The CA hunting violations and the recent one in AK are prime examples. The vocal opposition to gun rights does not like free speech enjoyed by second amendment supporters.

Sadly its the left that has sided up with the anti-second amendment movement in the US. I hope this changes soon, since many on the left are hunters too.

It is clear that the anti-gun crowd is out to demonize him and get him on any trumped up charges that they can.

Why would the anti-gun crowd expend energy to demonize Ted when all they have to do is let the guy talk. Ted talks and does the anti-gun crowd work for them.

Fine guitarist, skilled marksman and generally entertaining? You bet! My first choice (or 1000th choice) for swaying stubbornly myopic liberals to respect my gun rights? Maybe not so much.

Fine guitarist? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Skilled Marksman? Sure if you trap your target and slaughter it like Troy Gentry.

Generally Entertaining? If the bar is so low you can't see it.

Good ambassador for 2A? I don' theen so Loooooceeeeeeee...

IOW, Ted makes gun owners of every size and stripe look like morons.

Meet him twice in person. He acted rude and arrogant both times. I can't repeat what he said here on this forum, but it would probably make you just as mad as it did me. IMHO, he hurts us more than helps no matter how much he loves firearms and hunting.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/24/guilty-plea-planned-in-ted-nugent-ak-hunt-case/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...up-at-fort-knox-concert-after-obama-comments/

Only one with balls enough to say what he really thinks about politics and other things.

I think he could phrase what he says a little to change the tone.

I thing he also has a large following as well.

In general I don't thinks he hurts the gun people. And he also corrects the people against guns on their fallacy statements and facts.

Those have to be on TV because the only people who write about guns and laws, plus incorrect statements by news or others are only in magazine's. Those magazine's are read by like minded people.

So TV is a great medium.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

It's not a bad thing to have a few crazies up front and center.

You have to be kidding!!!????????? :confused: When it comes to the 2A the LAST thing we need is a "a few crazies up front and center".

From a historical perspective your line of thinking has lead to some heinous behavior that has resulted in millions upon millions of folks ending up dead.

Please let us know you're not serious by spinning this comment in some positive fashion.

While Ted is a little on the abrasive side, I think he is a great contributor to the cause. His extreme way of dealing with gun grabbers is no different than those that use high powered rhetoric in any discussion(s).

I'll give him one more point, and that is he cuts through the B.S. with plain talk about the 2ndA, and/or his passion for hunting and guns.

He makes it easier to debate the antis when they realize I'm not going to go "all Ted" on them during a policy debate.

As for his CBS interview, I noticed a well disguised cut in between the question and his answer rant ("unexpected outburst"). So we won't know exactly what set him off until CBS has the guts to air the footage that ended up on the cutting room floor.
And you know that isn't going to happen.

ETA: I didn't vote in the poll. The reason I didn't, is because there are too many in the "public" whose perception is that we are all nuts for owning guns in the first place.
And the vast majority of the MSM reinforces that perception every chance they get.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top