JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honest question - Do not have many Glocks in my safe. Does Glock update their pistols or do they just create a new pistol (adding optic cuts don't count)? They all look alike and all have the same controls on every line(personally I hate the take down tabs) and think like Henry Ford ...everything in black! Plus their numbering system has no regularity to it, but then that's me.

Don't hate Glocks but I don't hate the Amish either. Both create wll made items, both they are both plain

My 2cents
Just like Taco Bell. 6 ingredients just in different orders 🤣

Honest question - Do not have many Glocks in my safe. Does Glock update their pistols or do they just create a new pistol (adding optic cuts don't count)? They all look alike and all have the same controls on every line(personally I hate the take down tabs) and think like Henry Ford ...everything in black! Plus their numbering system has no regularity to it, but then that's me.

Don't hate Glocks but I don't hate the Amish either. Both create wll made items, both they are both plain

My 2cents
Agree, that those tiny nubs are a PITA.
I change mine out to DelTac slide lock levers.
They have a trapezoid shape like Walther uses and provide a better gripping surface.
tended-Slide-Lock-&-removal-tool-Gen-1-4_3_640x640.jpg

I can tell you that the gen 2 I owned is way outdated compared to the Gen 5 ergos/controls. They shoot almost the same mechanically but I get a better grip on the Gen 5 with the extended beavertail add on

Well lessee.... I swapped out a Gen 4 recoil spring for a Gen 3 in my G34 and it works just fine!

I also put in an extended takedown lever. New sights.

All my Glocks have the (-) connector... the only trigger mod needed besides a bit of synthetic grease in same spot.

I don't use any of the grip mods included later.

Not a fancy gun, always intended to be a workhorse like the AK47 but made better.

Functions like a revolver for easy transition by old days coppers. That's who it was marketed to at first.

If it ain' broke, don' fix it!!!!

Well lessee.... I swapped out a Gen 4 recoil spring for a Gen 3 in my G34 and it works just fine!
That would require an adapter, iirc.

Confirmed...

SLIDE AND RECOIL SPRING

gen3-vs-gen4-recoil-spring.jpg

The next visible difference between Glock 19 Gen 3 and Gen 4 is its slide. Aside from the words stamped on its side, take a look at the business end of the muzzle. The Gen 4 is the first of the Glock 19 Generations to use a larger, dual-recoil spring guide rod. That is evident when looking straight at the muzzle, there is a bigger hole that you cannot miss. Oh, by the way, do make sure the weapon is cleared before doing this, you do not want to become a statistic.

This larger, dual-recoil spring guide rod was employed to accommodate the heavier recoil of the larger rounds available now. If you spend a lot of time at the range or are involved in a competition, you can easily see the value of this upgrade. It is possible to install a Glock 19 Generation 3 recoil spring guide rod into a Glock 19 4th Generation pistol. This change is easily accomplished with a recoil spring adapter. However, the reverse is not true. There is no way a larger recoil spring guide rod is going to fit into the smaller Glock 19 Gen 3 slide.

PARTS WHICH ARE DIFFERENT AND NON-INTERCHANGEABLE BETWEEN GEN 3 AND GEN 4 GLOCK

• Slide
  • Recoil Spring
  • Frame
  • Trigger Housing
  • Magazine Release Button

SLIDE AND RECOIL SPRING

In looking at the Glock 19 Gen 3 vs Gen 4 some parts that were changed stand alone and cannot be interchanged. The first of the Glock 19 Gen 4 upgrades that will not interchange we will look at is the slide. When you see the larger hole obviously there beneath the barrel, this isn't much of a leap. Even if you somehow got the Gen 3 slide onto the frame of the newer Gen 4 gun, there's no way the recoil spring guide rod would ever fit through. Although, as previously mentioned, adapters are available if you want to go the other way. The adapter will only allow you to use Gen 3 recoil spring on a Gen 4 slide. The Gen 4 slide still will not fit the Gen 3 frame. A better option to than trying to interchange the slides between the Gen 4 and Gen 3 is to upgrade the either Gen with aftermarket Glock slides for improved performance, racking grip and look.

Last Edited:
That would require an adapter, iirc.

Confirmed...

SLIDE AND RECOIL SPRING

View attachment 1424324

The next visible difference between Glock 19 Gen 3 and Gen 4 is its slide. Aside from the words stamped on its side, take a look at the business end of the muzzle. The Gen 4 is the first of the Glock 19 Generations to use a larger, dual-recoil spring guide rod. That is evident when looking straight at the muzzle, there is a bigger hole that you cannot miss. Oh, by the way, do make sure the weapon is cleared before doing this, you do not want to become a statistic.

This larger, dual-recoil spring guide rod was employed to accommodate the heavier recoil of the larger rounds available now. If you spend a lot of time at the range or are involved in a competition, you can easily see the value of this upgrade. It is possible to install a Glock 19 Generation 3 recoil spring guide rod into a Glock 19 4th Generation pistol. This change is easily accomplished with a recoil spring adapter. However, the reverse is not true. There is no way a larger recoil spring guide rod is going to fit into the smaller Glock 19 Gen 3 slide.

PARTS WHICH ARE DIFFERENT AND NON-INTERCHANGEABLE BETWEEN GEN 3 AND GEN 4 GLOCK

• Slide
  • Recoil Spring
  • Frame
  • Trigger Housing
  • Magazine Release Button

SLIDE AND RECOIL SPRING

In looking at the Glock 19 Gen 3 vs Gen 4 some parts that were changed stand alone and cannot be interchanged. The first of the Glock 19 Gen 4 upgrades that will not interchange we will look at is the slide. When you see the larger hole obviously there beneath the barrel, this isn't much of a leap. Even if you somehow got the Gen 3 slide onto the frame of the newer Gen 4 gun, there's no way the recoil spring guide rod would ever fit through. Although, as previously mentioned, adapters are available if you want to go the other way. The adapter will only allow you to use Gen 3 recoil spring on a Gen 4 slide. The Gen 4 slide still will not fit the Gen 3 frame. A better option to than trying to interchange the slides between the Gen 4 and Gen 3 is to upgrade the either Gen with aftermarket Glock slides for improved performance, racking grip and look.
IDK, I never seen no adapter. And I changed them back and forth all the time. Or used to, before I gave the G34 to my daughter that lives in MO. No way for me to double check now. Maybe my Gen 3 spring was had a larger piece at the muzzle hole?

A stock Gen 3 recoil rod/spring can't work in a Gen 4 without an adapter.

And a Gen 4 physically won't fit in a Gen 3. That is unless we are talking about a G26 or G27.

I have a few different brands, was always a Sig and Colt fan. Always called Glocks "electric shavers" as they are dull but reliable.

Was willed a Glock Model 19 9mm Gen 1. Had about 3,000 rounds put through it by my father, and I'm amazed at what a solid and accurate pistol it is.

Glocks are pretty comfortable to shoot and carry in my opinion….
Not for me. I only make fun of glocks and the over the top fan boys just because it is funny. The big time fan boys just get riled up so quickly and makes it easy to have fun!🤣 in reality if you like it run it and don't worry what people say.

Not for me. I only make fun of glocks and the over the top fan boys just because it is funny. The big time fan boys just get riled up so quickly and makes it easy to have fun!🤣 in reality if you like it run it and don't worry what people say.
I feel ya. I see the Glock, Sig, Tikka, etc fan clubs a bit pathetic.

With that said Glocks are ugly but they always run without breaking the bank or needing to be "broken" in. Lol.

I feel ya. I see the Glock, Sig, Tikka, etc fan clubs a bit pathetic.

With that said Glocks are ugly but they always run without breaking the bank or needing to be "broken" in. Lol.
Yep Fan boys will be Fan boys.

Yep They are the chevy 350 of guns. I've owned a few but Sold them to make room.

A stock Gen 3 recoil rod/spring can't work in a Gen 4 without an adapter.

And a Gen 4 physically won't fit in a Gen 3. That is unless we are talking about a G26 or G27.
My Gen 3 spring must have had an adapter on the end??? Is that where the adapter is, or does it go inside the slide?

I can't look because it is gone to my daughter in Missoura.

Here's an adapter from Lone Wolf:

1684678628830.png

And another:
1684678886568.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show