JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Mar 28
Executive action taken in the Senate Committee on Law & Justice at 10:30 AM. (Committee Materials)

LAW - Majority; do pass with amendment(s). (Majority Report)

Minority; do not pass. (Minority Report)"

Pretty clear what they will do, says it right there. Just because Inslee hasn't signed it yet doesn't mean it still isn't going to end up there. It's a process.
Yes I gathered that. I am looking for a bit more insight into that process. Yes, Jay will sign it. Next week? Tomorrow?

As far as I can tell they talked about it but it is not moving toward Inslee's desk yet. The status is listed as "SLAWDPA" whatever that means.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=1240&Year=2023

Anyone have an idea when it will move/how much time we have to buy things?
figure you have maybe a week or so. If you don't have it underway and to you here in this week you are likely to be one of those plaintiffs whose stuff is in limbo.
Better hop if there is something you wanted, Either that or wait until there is an injunction and/or this is overturned.

Yes I gathered that. I am looking for a bit more insight into that process. Yes, Jay will sign it. Next week? Tomorrow?
there are two more steps in the legislature. Maybe one or two others if we are lucky. Now that the Dems have pushed it out of committee it likely goes to the Rules committee, then to the floor. If passed as is in the same form as the house bill then on to Jay. If any amendments get attached the bill goes back to the house for agreement before it can be pushed to Jay. So if some amendments can be tacked on you might get an extra week or so. Don't count on it. The leftist majority has made it clear they could care less about anything other than doing as they please.

As I said before if you aren't done getting the parts and everything you need this week you very well could be out of luck. I would do my hardest to make sure I also avoid the semi-auto 10 days wait at this point. Those are likely to get tied up in limbo.

Last Edited:
there are two more steps int he legislature. Maybe one or two others if we are lucky. Now that the Dems have pushed it out of committee it likely goes to the Rules committee, than to the floor. If passed as is in the same form as the house bill then on to Jay. If any amendments get attached the bill goes back to the house for agreement before it can be pushed to Jay. So if some amendments can be tacked on you might get an extra week or so. Don't count on it. The leftist majority has made it clear they could care less about anything other than doing as they please.

As i sadi before if you aren't done getting the parts and everythign you need this week you very well could be out of luck. I would do my hardest to make sure I also avoid the semi-auto 10 days wait at this point. Those are likely to get tied up in limbo.
Thanks, this is very helpful. Yep, parts arriving this week.

please go easy on my ignorance, i don't understand much here but one thing caught my eye more than anything else

"LAW - Majority; do pass with amendment(s)"

it said do pass 'with amendments'. does that mean it going back to the house with amendments or more like they can do whatever they like and send it forward if they wanted to. Thank you.

there are two more steps in the legislature. Maybe one or two others if we are lucky. Now that the Dems have pushed it out of committee it likely goes to the Rules committee, then to the floor. If passed as is in the same form as the house bill then on to Jay. If any amendments get attached the bill goes back to the house for agreement before it can be pushed to Jay. So if some amendments can be tacked on you might get an extra week or so. Don't count on it. The leftist majority has made it clear they could care less about anything other than doing as they please.

As I said before if you aren't done getting the parts and everything you need this week you very well could be out of luck. I would do my hardest to make sure I also avoid the semi-auto 10 days wait at this point. Those are likely to get tied up in limbo.
I believe one amendment has been added. Majority recommendation is "pass as ammended"

The amendment was for people moving into our state who already own one of the banned firearms.. to be allowed to still bring it with. It was highly agreed upon, so that won't hold this bill up any..

Listen to the Criminals fake vote on exempting suppressors from 1240
further proof they are railroading this bill through.

at 44:10

Another update:

Majority; do pass with amendment(s). Might have to go back to House, if there are indeed ammendments. Last I checked all buy one failed. 1 amendment seemed to have been added. There were lots of line outs in the bill text.

Mar 29
Passed to Rules Committee for second reading.

Listen to the Criminals fake vote on exempting suppressors from 1240
further proof they are railroading this bill through.

at 44:10

Absolutely disheartening to see these Republicans propose completely reasonable amendments to this bill and to be shot down each time by the Dems… They are criminals and should be treated as such.

The value of amendments now is to delay the process. During the delay for the House and Senate to adopt the same bill maybe Mt Rainier will blow or another earthquake will strike and shut down the legislature.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews