JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to stock up on NON rifled 12 ga slugs. I don't want "managed recoil" or whatever, I need standard 1600 fps m/l 12ga shotgun slugs.

I can find lots of rifled slugs, but I'm striking out on non-rifled. I have a rifled barrel 22" with rifle sights that I bought for Remington Accutip Bonded Sabot slugs but they are really expensive and not for plinking. ($2.50 per round, m/l)

Does anyone know where I can order some basic slug loads for a decent price? I'm looking for up to 250 of them.

Thanks. :s0155:

Call fishermands marine and outdoor in portland. The have a lot of slugs up to 3"mag. Not sure if they are not rifled but it is worth the shot. Anyhow, give them a call or try the local bi marts in the vancouver portland area. They have a bubblegum ton of ammo for everything now!!! Best of luck

Call fishermands marine and outdoor in portland. The have a lot of slugs up to 3"mag. Not sure if they are not rifled but it is worth the shot. Anyhow, give them a call or try the local bi marts in the vancouver portland area. They have a bubblegum ton of ammo for everything now!!! Best of luck

I'm really hoping to just order them online. Bi Mart has been limiting me to 2 boxes and on a good day 4 boxes. I want 250 rounds and they are wearing me out, LOL. :) I'd like to buy a case.

Here ya go..

http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm

FEDERAL TACTICAL SLUGS
FEDERAL PART NUMBER# LEF127RS
FULL POWER LOAD - LAW ENFORCEMENT
HIGH ENERGY - AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC

Federal Tactical Hydra Shok Hollow Point Slug is a harder hitting version of the LE127RS. The LEF127RS has 310 FPS faster velocity than the standard load making it 1610 FPS at the muzzle. So with increased speed you get more knock down power. This is a 2 3/4 12GA. 1 oz slug. There are 250 Rds. per case.

$199- 250 rounds.
( SEALED CASE )

Here ya go..

FEDERAL TACTICAL SLUGS

Federal Tactical Hydra Shok Hollow Point Slug is a harder hitting version of the LE127RS. The LEF127RS has 310 FPS faster velocity than the standard load making it 1610 FPS at the muzzle. So with increased speed you get more knock down power. This is a 2 3/4 12GA. 1 oz slug. There are 250 Rds. per case.

$199- 250 rounds.
( SEALED CASE )

Thanks! That's a great buy. Some time on google indicates it's probably rifled, but I can't be sure. Every detailed reference I find on that part # says it's rifled.

I'll email ammoman and ask.

I have LOTS of 00 buck for the non-rifled shottys. Just bought a case of 250 from a member here for $175 and he still has another case advertised here.

I'll let you know what I find. It's amazing how many slugs are rifled. :s0155:

OK, after exhausting what I could find on google, I came up with some very interesting info.

Some of this may not be true, but it's repeated often by "experts."

1. Most slug makers make them rifled. The rifling imparts NO spin as might be thought. It is there because the manufacturer doesn't know what choke might be used and the slug can collapse for the choke.

2. A rifled slug in a smooth bore is no more accurate than a non-rifled slug, but non rifled slugs must be fired from guns with no choke (cylinder bore.)

3. A rifled slug works just fine in a rifled bore, doesn't lead up the rifling's, and does spin and is more accurate than from a smooth bore.

4. Thus, the dearth of non-rifled slugs.

5. The most accurate and deadly slug is the jacketed sabot type which must be fired from a rifled barrel or it will just tumble. They are expensive, like $2.50 - $4.00 each. This is the round I'd most want to have with me if I met an angry momma bear.

Here's just one of several tests I found, with pictures: theboxotruth

HTH someone else.

Natchez Shooters Supply has 1.25 oz, 2.75 inch, 12 ga Remington Buckhammers that are made for rifled barrels or barrels with rifled chokes. Posted velocity is 1550 fps. They are asking $6.09/box of five for 10 or more boxes. Cabelas has these for around $6.99 a box so Natchez is 90 cents cheaper.

Here ya go..

FEDERAL TACTICAL SLUGS

$199- 250 rounds.
( SEALED CASE )

Thanks - I ordered a case. That's a great buy with free shipping. :s0155:

OK, after exhausting what I could find on google, I came up with some very interesting info.

Some of this may not be true, but it's repeated often by "experts."

1. Most slug makers make them rifled. The rifling imparts NO spin as might be thought. It is there because the manufacturer doesn't know what choke might be used and the slug can collapse for the choke.

3. A rifled slug works just fine in a rifled bore, doesn't lead up the rifling's, and does spin and is more accurate than from a smooth bore.

I can confim these with certainty. I grew up shooting slugs of all varieties, and, they have accounted for more deer than anything else I've owned. (I was a lot more enthusiastic about dragging deer out of the woods when I was 16.)

Some guns were scary accurate with rifled slugs long before there were sabots available. I've still got one of them, and, would not hesitate to take any shot at less than 150 yards with it with only rifled slugs.

For anti-piracy use, slugs are pretty darn good for making holes in fiberglass boats and fuel tanks.

Plinking with slugs, eh? Recoil? What recoil? Makes the .30-06 with 180's seem light. We started with 7/8 oz, went through the 1 oz phase, and, were at 1 1/8 oz when I stopped hunting that area. I never noticed any difference in recoil, but, I was a few years younger!

Bob

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads