JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First things first this was not fired by me, I found this in a pile of brass on public land.

Has anyone seen these types of marks before? They are raised on the brass. The rim also has a crack from the extractor. The primer is not flattened or appear to have signs of pressure. It's appears to be a factory round with sealant still on the primer. There was another in the lot that was missing a primer and had a cracked rim as well as stamps from the bolt face on the rim/headstamp. It was a different headstamp.

My thought was a fouled barrel with back pressure, imposed the rifling on the brass and caused the rim damage from the extractor.

Take a look and let me know. Thanks.

E804F4AC-17A2-4A9F-A5B4-1C4923C2026E.png F0165BE0-FE96-45FF-AF5E-6A67D6C68F0A.png 886C876B-E948-42D6-8736-8573709C0511.png D08BFA00-C15C-4931-99D8-DAAF64B5029E.png

First things first this was not fired by me, I found this in a pile of brass on public land.

Has anyone seen these types of marks before? They are raised on the brass. The rim also has a crack from the extractor. The primer is not flattened or appear to have signs of pressure. It's appears to be a factory round with sealant still on the primer. There was another in the lot that was missing a primer and had a cracked rim as well as stamps from the bolt face on the rim/headstamp. It was a different headstamp.

My thought was a fouled barrel with back pressure, imposed the rifling on the brass and caused the rim damage from the extractor.

Take a look and let me know. Thanks.

View attachment 1799936 View attachment 1799937 View attachment 1799938 View attachment 1799939
Looks like it was fired out of an HK91 type rifle and that it was a hot handload, impressing the case head with the bolt face and blowing out the primer.

Over pressured handloaded round not factory, rough forced extraction is likely what happened to it and why the rifling is on the case and rim damaged, whoever shot it is luck it didn't blowup the gun, it's nothing but scrap now.

Definitely a fluted chamber. I had a friend with an HK he wanted to sell but after firing it a fair amount and seeing what it did to brass I decided to stick with Fal's.

Ok so HK chamber. The one missing the primer and cracked rim was most likely a hand load. The one with the ribs and cracked rim still had the primer and is for sure a factory round, there is pink sealant still on the primer. But visbale damage to rim and headstamp.

The FC headstamp is not the piece of brass with the ribs, just included it because it shows the same damage on the rim as the other and was picked up in the same location.

HK91 will put the flute marks on the brass, extraction will mess up the rim and dent the middle of the case (if you don't have an ejection port buffer). I've reloaded my 91's rounds multiple times. It starts to look interesting with there is 5 or so sets of flute marks in it.

elsie

Here's what happens when a bad milsurp round is fired in an HK-91. Bowed the receiver sides out. Remaining rounds and spring, follower and baseplate ricocheted off my leg. No blood, but maybe a few tears.

1705040648330.jpeg
1705040666954.jpeg
1705040685763.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show