JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't see the deep case striations from an H&K.
Never saw an extractor mark like that, but OK.
Ding on side indicates hitting frame on ejection.
It's the missing primer that really is scary.
I've seen plenty of HKs that leave those longitudinal marks.

MP5s (and all other guns in the same family of roller-delayed blowback firearms suck as HK G3, HK33/53, G41, etc) have fluted chambers to equalize the pressure. This helps keep the case from sticking in the chamber. I.e. the gases inside the bore will run back around the case inside these fluted grooves.

This is necessary as the roller-delayed blowback mechanism starts to cycle much earlier than other typical designs, and without the flutes, the pressure inside the casing would be so high that the casing walls would stick to the chamber walls while the case head is ripped off.

I've seen plenty of missing primers from fired rounds...mostly come from Lake City brass. Some people think Lake City LC brass is great...it's not. The primer pockets are all over the place for spec, and some don't have the tension to hold a primer very well...thus they will blow out upon firing.

Cuz coyotes….. :s0131:
Too funny, was out at the pit the other day and found some sign of critters.

IMG_2291.jpeg IMG_2290.jpeg IMG_2285.jpeg

I've often found brass like that too, with HK/CETME style flute marks on the necks, dents and raised over-pressure marks on the base.

It's hard to tell with mangled brass, but much of it looked like factory loads to me. I've wondered if there was something about the design, or maybe lousy manufacturing by a certain company, that made these rifles prone to over-pressure?

I've seen plenty of HKs that leave those longitudinal marks.

MP5s (and all other guns in the same family of roller-delayed blowback firearms suck as HK G3, HK33/53, G41, etc) have fluted chambers to equalize the pressure. This helps keep the case from sticking in the chamber. I.e. the gases inside the bore will run back around the case inside these fluted grooves.

This is necessary as the roller-delayed blowback mechanism starts to cycle much earlier than other typical designs, and without the flutes, the pressure inside the casing would be so high that the casing walls would stick to the chamber walls while the case head is ripped off.

I've seen plenty of missing primers from fired rounds...mostly come from Lake City brass. Some people think Lake City LC brass is great...it's not. The primer pockets are all over the place for spec, and some don't have the tension to hold a primer very well...thus they will blow out upon firing.
The H&Ks I've seen leave very deep striations. Must be old eyes, but the outside of the case looks normal, even shiny, to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top