JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have about 5000 180 LTC to use up, my preferred powder is AA#7, but can't find any. I managed to snag a 4# jug of WST, but data is sketchy. Winchester lists a max load of 4.3 gr with a 180 tmj, velocity of 888FPS. My Lyman book lists a start load of 4.7 with a 175cast bullet. Max load of 6.0 gr! This gets me to doubting what I'm reading. Anyone have any experience with this powder?
I'm looking to get velocities in the 975 range.

I took some out this afternoon, carefully worked up to a load of 4.5 gr in my USP, and my wifes PPQ, we started getting a little flattening of the primer there, so didn't take it any further, glad I didn't use the loads in the Lee manual, or the Lyman #47. Still a good consistent load, velocity is lower than I was looking for, about 860-890 fps. It looked to me like it would have been close to full to the base of the bullet, maybe compressed with the higher loads (that we didn't use). This might be a good powder for a 165 gr cast bullet.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top