JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is how my order of a case of 10mm was left on my front porch from Bereli Inc.
I sent pictures to Bereli, and they will not replace the case of ammo.
They offered to replace only the damaged ammo. That means I will have to mic every single cartridge for setback and case gauge the rounds for concentricity.
No apologies for the messed-up packaging.
This is not the first time this happened.
I will not do business with them again.

1707245500259.png
1707245547161.png
1707245564198.png
1707245620104.png 1707246637669.png

Last Edited:
This is how many of my packages from TargetSports is received. When I've reported it, they really could care less, other than offering to replace any damaged ammo.

These outfits don't get it.

I think a lot of the companies that don't care and won't do anything about shipping damage are NOT shipping the products themselves from their own inventory.

I bet they are a "drop-ship" business, where they take the order from the customer, then submit the order to a whole-sale supplier or the original manufacturer. The wholesaler / manufacturer is the company that actually does the shipping - and they could care less about shipping problems because it doesn't impact their business or reputation.

I know there are a lot of wholesale and manufacturing companies that Midway USA or Palmetto State Armory (and other retailers) works with where that wholesaler or retailer will NOT ship products (like mags with 10+ round capacity) to Oregon, even though it is legal. So, you make the order, get the confirmation, then a day or two later you get a message that your order it cancelled because they won't ship to OR. (It's the wholesaler or manufacturer that has the policy of not shipping - even though right now it is legal to do so).

Then you order a different 10+ round mag from Midway or Palmetto and it's shipped to OR without a problem. That mag is shipped by a DIFFERENT wholesaler or retailer, who does NOT have a problem with shipping to OR at this time.

So, the if the product is actually shipped by a different entity than the retailer you purchased it from (especially a small retailer that does not have the capital and capacity for owning and managing warehouses where product is stored and shipped) you pretty much don't have any recourse to resolve the shipping packaging problems.

Last Edited:
I have been experiencing the same problems with ammo and projectiles over the past year, when I have not had that problem for decades prior.

I think something is going on with UPS and FedEx. I wonder if there is a critical mass of young, woke employees who are now purposefully mishandling items they know or believe to be ammunition to intentionally cause damage. It is easy to identify those items given the required ordinance labeling on ammo and weight to size ratio for projectiles.

(I know, I know - conspiracy theory. So sue me.)

I've been purchasing projectiles from American Reloading (AR) for several years. Packages were not heavily tapped or wrapped, and arrived in undamaged condition.

Then about a year ago all my projectile packages from AR were arriving significantly damaged. Packages had been obviously dropped, broken open and only 20 to 30 projectiles remained in the box that was to have had 1000 projectiles. AR always resolved the issued by sending me a replacement package (most of those were damaged as well).

I started seeing AR's packaging protocols change and evolve over this past year.

First, they started using heavy-duty fiber tape around all the heavy projectile boxes. But still, I was getting boxes with damage and breakage.

Then, along with fiber tape, they went to a light shrink-wrap around projectile boxes. Still getting some damage of the wrap and box breakage.

Then they went to a heaver shrink-wrap plastic. Boxes still showed signs of damage, but fewer breaks where projectiles were lost in transit.

Now they have progressed to a DOUBLE shrink wrap with heavy-duty plastic. Although the projectile boxes still show signs of being dropped, projectiles are not being lost in transit.

(Yes, I've order a ton of projectiles from AR.)

I realize that double-shrink wrapping ammo won't solved the problems of set-back, etc., if boxes are dropped.

Last Edited:
Seems as though I've been lucky as I've had multiple orders from both Bereli and Target Sports and no ammo damages at all. I too think a lot of these damages are coming from the shipping transport companies.

There's no doubt the damage is from the shipping company. But an insufficiently packaged product is prone to shipping damage. The seller has all the say in the world how a product is packaged, either by them directly, or the company they have contracted with to supply the product. As long as we keep defending them and blaming somebody else, there's no reason for them to do things different.

There's no doubt the damage is from the shipping company. But an insufficiently packaged product is prone to shipping damage. The seller has all the say in the world how a product is packaged, either by them directly, or the company they have contracted with to supply the product. As long as we keep defending them and blaming somebody else, there's no reason for them to do things different.
With all due respect. All warehouses in the post 'Rona world are run like a Tijuana chuck e cheese. First hand experience my friend.
The world is a different place now.

I have had some handling issues and packing issues the last couple years but none have been too serious. Easy to say it should be packed better but the same problem that afflicts the shipper/handlers also runs rampant at the packing level of these companies. There is exceptions here and there and I will try and point those out as they come along just to balance things out a bit. Montana bullet works comes to mind as a shining example of how to bullet proof packaging. See what I did there? 😂

Not really easy to pack a 5000 rd. case of 22lr to fare well if shipping company employees decide to chuck it around much. One vendor I order from offers to double box for like $3 extra. Something I always do.

And even sometime if you buy extra shipping insurance it won't pay unless the ammo itself is damaged so if the ammo boxes are mangled it doesn't qualify for damages.

You do realize the transportation company is responsible for the damage, not the shipper. I've received many cases of ammunition shipped identically with zero damage.
When I buy from SGAmmo they double or triple package ammo and use a lot of tape. Things arrive looking like new.
And sometimes they ship ammo in ammo cans. This is a great way to ensure things arrive looking like new.

Last Edited:
I have been experiencing the same problems with ammo and projectiles over the past year, when I have not had that problem for decades prior.

I think something is going on with UPS and FedEx. I wonder if there is a critical mass of young, woke employees who are now purposefully mishandling items they know or believe to be ammunition to intentionally cause damage. It is easy to identify those items given the required ordinance labeling on ammo and weight to size ratio for projectiles.

(I know, I know - conspiracy theory. So sue me.)

I've been purchasing projectiles from American Reloading (AR) for several years. Packages were not heavily tapped or wrapped, and arrived in undamaged condition.

Then about a year ago all my projectile packages from AR were arriving significantly damaged. Packages had been obviously dropped, broken open and only 20 to 30 projectiles remained in the box that was to have had 1000 projectiles. AR always resolved the issued by sending me a replacement package (most of those were damaged as well).

I started seeing AR's packaging protocols change and evolve over this past year.

First, they started using heavy-duty fiber tape around all the heavy projectile boxes. But still, I was getting boxes with damage and breakage.

Then, along with fiber tape, they went to a light shrink-wrap around projectile boxes. Still getting some damage of the wrap and box breakage.

Then they went to a heaver shrink-wrap plastic. Boxes still showed signs of damage, but fewer breaks where projectiles were lost in transit.

Now they have progressed to a DOUBLE shrink wrap with heavy-duty plastic. Although the projectile boxes still show signs of being dropped, projectiles are not being lost in transit.

(Yes, I've order a ton of projectiles from AR.)

I realize that double-shrink wrapping ammo won't solved the problems of set-back, etc., if boxes are dropped.
I just received a package from RRP (Raven Rocks Precision). It was many thousands of projectiles. It was VERY heavy. It also arrived unharmed because the inner case was surrounded with big bubble wrap and layers of cardboard and the outer case was taped repeatedly with reinforced packing tape.

Companys can mitigate possible shipping damage by packing things good, in anticipation of being handled rough by shippers.

Not really easy to pack a 5000 rd. case of 22lr to fare well if shipping company employees decide to chuck it around much. One vendor I order from offers to double box for like $3 extra. Something I always do.

And even sometime if you buy extra shipping insurance it won't pay unless the ammo itself is damaged so if the ammo boxes are mangled it doesn't qualify for damages.
If it's that heavy, they could put it in a wooden containment vessel! Just the way Fiocchi ships primers by the case.

If you're that bent on the aesthetics of it, list it here I'm sure someone will use it 😂
Why would you guys cry about the box if the ammo was fine inside? The company said they'd replace and jacked up ammo, what more do you want ? You usually pull the ammo out of the box and throw it away.
Is it just attention your seeking? Just be happy you found ammo.

Last Edited:
Very similar to my last two ammo orders from MidwayUSA a few years ago. Poor packing and very poor customer "service". No appologies, all they did was blame the shipper (FedEx), and wanted me to ship back the damaged ammo shipment. One reason I will never do business with MidwayUSA again.

If you're that bent on the aesthetics of it, list it here I'm sure someone will use it 😂
Why would you guys cry about the box if the ammo was fine inside? The company said they'd replace and jacked up ammo, what more do you want ? You usually pull the ammo out of the box and throw it away.
Is it just attention your seeking? Just be happy you found ammo.
Do you work for Bereli?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top