JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seldom called pets by their given names because they continually earn new handles, far more fitting. My car is either "Scoobydoo" or "the Muncher." The truck is "Jack Bauer." I had a beat up orange and tan boat, "You Haul." A scooter with a luggage rack was "the Chick Magnet," and the '75 cafe twin I ride now is "Grumpy." Both of my past Jeeps were "Heep," and my light beige Ford truck was "the Caucasian." Most of my guitars have names, obviously "Frankenstrat" for the one I built from parts. My lever gun is "Cowboy." And my Homelite chainsaw, a real chain-sucking mistake, has a dozen names, none of which will see the light of day here on this board.

I named my 1911 sig,my G19, carry gun,my 22s,buckmark and p22,my G34 my target model,my shotguns 11 87 and m4,my 338 tikka

Shall I go on?
They are just tools,no names needed.
The chevy truck is "the truck"
The Suzuki is the jeepster and the kid calls it my samurai

I call my S&W m460v , "Big Daddy".. It seems befitting..

I use to call my S&W 442 , "Mr Snubby".. The gun just seem to have so much personality and was with me everywhere I go, I just had to give it some type of name.. However, I sold the gun and my Ruger LCR, I just call my LCR.. LOL.. It just doesn't have the same personality as the 442 did.

My Harly is "Maggie", short for magpie. Black and chrome.
My old Mini Winni was Mimi. Looked just like her.
My boat is named after all the females in my life, "Drama Queen".
My .220 Swift Improved is "The Rocket".
My 03-A3 is "Mr. Gibbs". (30 Gibbs caliber)
Old 3 screw single six is the "Gopher Getter"

All my friends have nicknames.

Pre 64 win. feather weight -06 is "the magic stick".
My Loomis steel head pole is "Rodney".
My GLX salmon rod is "Beef cake".
The 20 ft. custom weld boat is "Sweet"
And the 24ft. Dory is "Poppa's toy"
Also, when any of my hunting and fishing partners handle my knives, they always say the same thing, so I guess their names are "damn that's sharp"

True story:
A guy I know bought a boat and his girlfriend wanted him to name it after her. He negotiated a "favor" from her for the naming rights and she obliged. He named the boat "Head First".

Giving names to your firearms humanizes them, and then makes it worse if something bad happens to them. What's next, calling your prostitutes by name?

Whoa up a little there partner, whats you calling my rifle? You can be darned sure that I'm far more passionate about "old magic stick" than I am about what's her name anyway. I mean heck, she feeds me, sings a mean song and is as slender and pretty as they come. If something ever happened to "old magic stick", why I just don't know how I'd take it! Your treading on thin ice cowboy, talk about a snake belly low comment, that's just hurtful thing to say, down right despicable.:s0112:

My dad passed away (RIP) and I received a little $$$ from some obscure life insurance that he had. When I got his firearms I took the $$$ and bought one for myself "in his honor". I've named it "BIG VIC" after him. It is a Desert Eagle 50AE.

Okay, I've got another one... Next to "The Pack of Orphans Hunt Club", is a farm that has Texas Long Horn cows. As we were driving by I said to my 13 yr old, with tounge twisted in knots, "Oh look, Texas Lawn Whores"! We both died laughing and ever since then, we can't drive by without calling them Lawn Whores.

Bill

What 's with the "bubblegums" words? I take it you can't say the word Whore? Okay, let's change the slang and say "ho's". Or perhaps, "ladies of ill repute". Or, "ladies of the night". Or "someone you'd find in the red light district".

Did I get the point accross?

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews