JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The first knife I bought that was over $100.00 was a Puma white hunter paid $114.00 for it , it was also the first knife I could get all the way through field dressing an elk without having to stop and sharpen it.
Now I have many knives costing way over $100.00, I love custom hunting knives, also have a Chris reeves project two that is probably a $700-$800 dollar knife today.

My first >$100 knife was a Benchmade 32 Morpho. I bought it back in 2006 and I had it just long enough to scar my fingers and realize that butterfly knives are not for me.

SOG Agency Model. I use it to cut meat in the kitchen.

1628090929757.png

First was a Benchmade bugout that I bought with a gift certificate less than a year ago. Hated it, sold it.
Second was a dual edge OTF Vipertec blue phantom. Hate it too, am going to post it today for ammo trade or cash.
Third was a Benchmade Nimravus I bought from a member here. It lives in my daily carry bag.
All of these were purchased in the last six months or so.
My favorite knives have been Rat1s. I'm a cheap date.

Went to a local knife show 2 years ago (Covid killed the last one!) and found these laying on a guys table. Bought one for myself and another for my son (bit different design and not quite as expensive!)...

20200505-204040.jpg

20200505-203956.jpg

Custom knife makers are coming out of the woodwork and producing some nice stuff, not to mention sheaths!

20200505-203915.jpg

I dig nice file work!

Next week the show opens again... I'm pretty afraid for the checkbook!

Being Local, Chris Reeve always has a nice selection! OMG!

My first big money knife was a 4" lock blade Schrade Old Timer. I was 9.

I saved up ~$28, took me all summer, went into Gibson's and bought my knife.
It came with a sheath!
It had the ivory-colored plastic grips with the brown gouged-out grooves in the handle.
My mom wouldn't let me wear it around town but I wanted to.
I lost the sheath and wore holes in my pockets carrying that thing around.

When I was 10 I lost it for a year, but it eventually turned up inside a shoe boot in my closet.

When I was 48, I broke it prying on something, can't remember what. It was all flash-rusted and the blade was skinny from being sharpened a million times. Piece of bubblegum only lasted 39 years. Pissed me off!

As an aside:

Sharp wooden sticks are damn dangerous,
but sharp metal sticks are even more dangerous because metal sticks stay sharp longer and they don't break as easy as wood.

However,
if you get a nekkid knife-fightin' walmart man holding a sharpened kite-pole,
and you lock him in a deathmatch cage with a nekkid desk-sittin' Benchmade man holding a $2000 guano-fired mega-folded space knife,
the nekkid walmart man is gonna walk out of that cage in about 10 seconds holding his pole and his new Benchmade knife, just a grinnin!

If you lock me in the cage with them,
I'll shoot 'em both dead
and walk out with my new Benchmade which I will promptly sell on ebay and use the money to buy primers and a new pocket knife. :D

Tell us what you buy OP!

But more important, be sure to tell us how much it cost! :D

BTW - I'm not calling anyone a desk-sittin' man. I'm just poking skunks for fun. My wife and kid left

for the next 5 days, and I can either load some 45's or run some LMR400 to my desk or poke skunks.

Hell. I'm a desk-sittin man myself, at least 6 hours a day.:D

I quit cutting pelvic bones and started cutting anuses about 20 years ago, but before then I used rocks to beat that Old Timer through pelvises for at least 10 years. It was a good knife!

Good thread! :D

I note that my Agency Model is a 1 of 200 of some special run. I got it for a discount because a miniscule defect made it a second.

My favorite for most function per $ is a Camillus Marine Bowie bought for about $12 c. 1976. The grind lines look like they were done by a drunk on Fri. after lunch, but that doesn't affect functionality. It has been on many camping trips and currently resides in the emergency bag in the car.

Went to a local knife show 2 years ago (Covid killed the last one!) and found these laying on a guys table. Bought one for myself and another for my son (bit different design and not quite as expensive!)...

View attachment 1005173

View attachment 1005174

Custom knife makers are coming out of the woodwork and producing some nice stuff, not to mention sheaths!

View attachment 1005175

I dig nice file work!

Next week the show opens again... I'm pretty afraid for the checkbook!

Being Local, Chris Reeve always has a nice selection! OMG!
Oh my. That's beautiful.

I recently blew some big money, but it was for a wishlist custom knife. I also had a custom sheath made for it. The expense was worth it, but it was the exception to the rule.
IMG_20210727_140346~2.jpg IMG_20210727_140225~2.jpg

That's pretty. It looks very specialized. What's it for?
So far , I broke down a couple sockeye for filets, cut 1 striploin (New York) ,cleaned up a bunch of chicken breast meat for kabobs, thins ,and stir fry.

Basically, I have barely used it yet. Maybe tomorrow my crew will allow to cut some GDamn meat instead of answering the phone all day.

So far , I broke down a couple sockeye for filets, cut 1 striploin (New York) ,cleaned up a bunch of chicken breast meat for kabobs, thins ,and stir fry.

Basically, I have barely used it yet. Maybe tomorrow my crew will allow to cut some GDamn meat instead of answering the phone all day.
I use a cheapass kitchen knife or a paring knife. I think I used my butcher knife maybe 3 times in 20 years. But then again about as fancy as I get is home made chili. It's pretty good though. :D :s0140: Well I like it anyway. 😆

Don't quite remember what I paid, but it seemed expensive at the time. It's a 1985 Bianchi Survival Model. I understand they're worth several hundred now-a-days.

img-0155.jpg

From a collector website:

This is a premium quality military grade 1980's vintage survival, fighting, and hunting knife made by Carl Schlieper/Eye Brand, Solingen, Germany.

Handcrafted of 440C High Carbon Stainless Steel blade with Satin Finish to reduce flash. Knife measures 10 1/2" with a 5 7/8" blade and in the sheath the weight is 1 lb. 3 oz.

Survival System included a Silva compass in sheath, small compass in brass pommel of knife handle, survival kit in pouch on sheath and a small kit inside the hollow handle, plus a 1" X 3" sharpening stone attached to the back of the sheath. They called it a Survival System, not a survival knife.

Last Edited:
ESEE Junglas, $179. My general purpose wood processing knife. Thing is amazing at batoning through wood! The 3/16" thick blade literally flexed about 15 degrees angle around a knot while batoning the log shown. Once done, I was very surprised to see it straight and true (notice the small smile while looking down the spine). ESEE is made in Idaho, and has a no questions asked warenty on all their knives, so I dont feel scared with beating the heck out of it!

Im planning on making a kydex holster for my little 4" barrel 22LR/Magnum NAA "Mini Master" to bolt straight up to the outside of the knife sheath. My knife will have a gun! Hahaha.

20210715_190540.jpg 20210715_190008.jpg IMG_4023.jpg 20210610_213802.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews