JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oaks Bottom Forge in Sellwood

59F47176-B464-4A89-A6F6-01C4E1E18A16.jpeg

Didn't have to, and it wasn't actually "over $100", but it was exactly that; one C-note.

Made by a friend of mine a couple weeks ago, before he moved to AZ permanently. He told me $75, so I asked him how long it took to build the knife, and the scabbard...he said less than two days...so I took out a big bill, and he wouldn't take it initially, but I informed him that it would make me feel a little bit better if he did. If you saw his shop, and the tools, (or lack of) that he uses, you'd never believe he could do the work he does. It's D-2, with stabilized maple scales.

Photos won't load for some reason...

Mine was a Brad Duncan Whiplash D/A. It was $675.
The best high end knife I ever bought was a Mike Whiskers Allen Birdshead auto. Wish I had that one back.

Thanks
James

I have spent and made more money off of knives than I ever will on guns. Most expensive was a WWII Randal fighting knife at just over $1200 and turned around and sold it for $1500 the next month. I collect Gerber, Randal's and EK's. So yes I've spent a bunch.

Benchmade Doug Ritter in S30V. First knife over $100 for me, probably 12 years ago and I still carry it most days, as well as the Spyderco Para 3.

My 11 year old son is now interested in knives. I gave him my Esee Izula, and I'm going to get him a Mini Griptilian with Sheepsfoot blade and his name laser etched on it for Christmas.

I've never bought a knife over $100 but I'm looking into it right now. I've always carried a Swiss army knife or multi-tool of some kind. I never saw the appeal of "expensive" knives, ala Benchmade, Spyderco, etc. I did recently get to handle a Benchmade Griptillian and it felt very nice in the hand and much lighter than I expected. I've been pondering picking one up and might make it a Christmas gift to myself :)

I have never spent over $100 on a knife, my Schrade and old-timers do everything those expensive knives do and leave money for ammo and beer. I was gifted a Benchmade a while back, really don't see what the big deal is.

Each retail for 250.00+ but I've picked up a couple of them for pretty good deals. I'm a huge fan of Toor blades.

261A0A79-A8A6-4A2E-BEC1-E8104D7409F7.jpeg

Never paid anywhere near $100 for a knife. But I have sold well over 1000 for more then $100. As I was a Custom Knifemaker for 14 years. Average price was around $140 and the high end was $1200

My grandfather (d. 1962) was a farmer and carried a folding knife every day of his life. My father did too. I was in a service industry and carried a variety of small knives myself, but for the past 15 years have carried a Microtech spring assisted one that I paid $135 for. Carry it every single day. Wallet, keys, knife, and watch to go out the door. Opens boxes, prys lids, pops sticky pivot pins for me, etc etc etc. Ruins the jean pocket edges tho. But spent more on the knife than the jeans, can always buy new jeans.

Don't leave home without it!

Last Edited:
Back in the days of Iron Men and Wooden Ships sailors carried knives. So when my nephew joined up I found him a Mk 1 Navy Deck knife. This one has the wooden pommel and leather stacked washer grip so is WW II era. Made by Robeson-Sureline.

I had a neighbor who I taught in high school....
After graduation , he joined the Marines.
He came home after his first tour in Iraq , and asked me to help him find a good field knife as the Marines no longer issued a KABAR.

I gifted him with my cherry WW2 Robson Navy MKII.
Andy

Back in the days of Iron Men and Wooden Ships sailors carried knives. So when my nephew joined up I found him a Mk 1 Navy Deck knife. This one has the wooden pommel and leather stacked washer grip so is WW II era. Made by Robeson-Sureline.

I had a neighbor who I taught in high school....
After graduation , he joined the Marines.
He came home after his first tour in Iraq , and asked me to help him find a good field knife as the Marines no longer issued a KABAR.

I gifted him with my cherry WW2 Robson Navy MKII.
Andy
KA-BAR is making the Mark I again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews