JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering if you load all components as soon as you get them or do you load them as needed.

Along them same lines do any of you M1 Grand owners load all your boxed ball ammo into clips or leave them in their original boxes.

I load in batches of typically 500-1,000 rounds at a time. Then do another batch when I start to run low. I like to keep at least 500 loaded rounds of each caliber on-hand.

Also, have a Garand (reload for it as well) and will load my 20 clips up and the rest go in the ammo can.

I generally load as much as I have time for or brass for. I usually have more powder, primers and bullets then I do brass.

As for the Garand I load up all my clips, that way they are ready to go. But again I usually have more ammo then clips so excess goes into boxes of some kind.

My biggest problem is finding powder . we've been on a drought here since the Sandy Hook thing. I have several calibers that use the same powder I have on the shelf .

I have some Greek M2 in boxes but for some reason I've been reluctant to open them and put into clips.

As far as reloading cartridges. I always have a minimum of 500 rounds loaded for each weapon, except my shotgun.

I store the cartridges in magazines, or boxes and the rest on stripper clips, all in sealed ammo cans in a locked cabinet.:D

I shoot 303 Brit, so ammo is pricey. Reloading is a necessity. I only have a Lee Hand Press, so only reload occasionally, after a range session when I have time. Have more components and powder than I have brass on hand. Hope to change that in the near future. :)

I like to have all my brass reloaded/shot the same number of times.. within their respective "lots".
I'll usually reload the same 200 pieces or so of brass to failure and then get into my larger stash of reloads to repeat that process.
My present .38 brass (200 round lot) is going on like thirty loadings and doing fine. I either have to shoot some of my factory loads or buy some brass soon for that caliber though since I don't have a large stash of reloads/brass for that caliber - no need really.

My biggest issues is that I have 5 or 6 calibers that use several of the same powders . in the good old days I would use whatever I wanted and pick up another pound as needed.

Now when I load for one it may months before I can replace it to load for another caliber.

I've never been a powder snob.. what were you saying?. that it's bad that several of your cartridges use the same powders? I think that that's the goal/ideal to solve sending lead downrange.
maybe I read it wrong

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads