JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I stopped by my little shooting pit on the way home from the Olympia rally to see if anything was there. I found 30 stripper clips & about 50 5.56 LC & Independence cases. That was a coincidence that these were the first ever find for the stripper clips and just last week I bought 100 of them here..... :DView attachment 335216
2 hours in the tumbler & lookin new.....
That's cool but I still haven't figured out why you guys would buy stripper clips I just put mine in a box never to be used again

That's cool but I still haven't figured out why you guys would buy stripper clips I just put mine in a box never to be used again
Makes loading magazines easier to load later, as well as keeping them neat and tidy.

Since I used to always use stripper clips for a mosin nagant (and as of recently a yugo mauser and sks) its just a habbit of mine to spend the time putting ammo on the clips.

When the last person has left our range for the day it looks like nobody has ever fired a shot there.

It's called range discipline.

tac

I shoot at ARPC. When I'm shooting in any of the pistol bays, I pick up all the brass. I keep the .380, 9mm, .45 and maybe the .223 All the rest goes into the barrel to be sorted and sold to support the youth shooting program.

I'm a member at ARPC, also. The club rules mandate that we completely clean up brass, targets and trash. Since the range is member owned we do the cleaning and police other members, a rare thing to have to speak someone! We pick and sweep up the brass take ours out, and the rest, including .22 go into the drums and recycled to fund the clubs junior programs!
I hate picking brass so I use freestanding brass catchers. They're a bit of a PITA at first, but have kind of become second nature now!

Slight thread drift ... but having just read the comments on stripper clips ...
I think it would be neat if rifles like the Ruger Gunsite model , Mossberg MVP Patrol , CZ 527m etc.. came with stripper clip guides in the receiver.
You could load or "top off" your rifle pretty easy that way.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread ... :D
Andy

I like to lay down a blue tarp or moving blanket if I'm just standard target practice in the woods. This makes it easy to fold up and carry clean casings home. It's up to us to make sure we don't get these places closed down.

Hells YES, I police all brass that I find (that stuff is GOLD), and also practice the Boy Scout ethos of leaving the area BETTER than you found it! I pretty much just shoot the AR500 steel silhouette target I have and sometimes pumpkins (during the time of that season)... and the POS shotgun hulls I can always find laying around!

Afterwards I pick up all brass, the shot up cans, broken glass, shotgun hulls, what's left of boards, and even shot out target stands that I find. I DID draw the line however and did NOT haul off the boned out elk carcass someone left off to the side!

That reminds me.... all that sheite is still in the back of my Suburban.... :confused:

I have well over 6,000 rounds of 5.56 and 3,000 rounds of .308 that are nicely packed and stored in "50 cal" ammo cans that are on stripper clips with 4 spoons thrown on top in each can, however those aren't for "general consumption". ;)

Last Edited:
Slight thread drift ... but having just read the comments on stripper clips ...
I think it would be neat if rifles like the Ruger Gunsite model , Mossberg MVP Patrol , CZ 527m etc.. came with stripper clip guides in the receiver.
You could load or "top off" your rifle pretty easy that way.

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread ... :D
Andy
That was SOP with M-14's, no way to do that with AR's. We had adapters for both M-14 and M-16 Magazines so you could load individual magazines (Or with the 14 just put a empty magazine in the gun and use the rifles built in guides) 16 mags had to then be down loaded two rounds so they only held eighteen normally.

I have always picked up my brass since I was a kid, and that isn't changing. When I first started to hand load as a youngster, that was the best and cheapest way to get brass. By the time I graduated from high school I likely had 5000 30-'06 cases for that rifle, and maybe 2000 for my .243.

I always have. When I come across a pile of 223 or 7.62 I'll pick that up too. I like to keep our public/private shooting areas cleaner than I found them but I must be a exception. What's your thoughts?

Since my Grandfather helped me load my first ammo at about the age of 6, I have viewed brass as if it were a treasure. I always pickup any brass I find, mine or otherwise. If I don't need it there are plenty of others who do. Looking back, it is amazing how may of my firearms have grown out of brass picked up at the range. Strange how used brass and reloading dies can grow into a nice rifle or handgun.

Yes. BTW if you collect enough of the brass rim fire or even damaged brass, that you have no use for, take it to a recycling center and get paid for it by the pound. Might even pay for a sixpack of your favorite beverage.
Gabby

I always have. When I come across a pile of 223 or 7.62 I'll pick that up too. I like to keep our public/private shooting areas cleaner than I found them but I must be a exception. What's your thoughts?

Policing up after a shoot, picnic or other outdoor event is always good citizenship. Heck just picking up one piece of trash a day makes it a better place! As firearms enthusiasts we should be good citizens in every way and leave things better than they were when we came!

I always try to police most of the debris that I leave behind while shooting. Once I start police calling my brass my time in the army kicks in and it turns into a hands across the range cleaning it up haha.

I always take out more than I brought I lay out tarps then pick those up a funnel everything to the middle and pour last tarp into a bucket eazypezy

I clean up after myself and haul out as much extra trash as I can carry. The only exception is sometimes when I am shooting there is a guy out there collecting brass. On those occasions I leave it for him

Yep, always pickup all my brass I can find. It's a habit from my Air Force days, but it also just seems right. I hate seeing or leaving messes in the great outdoors. I keep all of my special brass (e.g. my 7.7Jap) and most of my 5.56 and 9mm, but if someone else with me wants it, I'm fine with giving it away. I don't currently reload, but probably will get a reloading setup one of these days. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top